AA - Achaeans Australia

G'day, ya greasy bunch 'a c--ts.

I know there is a quite a few Australians who play Achaea, and if you aren't a part of the Down Under clan (The Aussie's meeting place) but want to be contact nearly anyone on the roster and we can induct you.

I'm thinking about putting an Australian meet together. At the moment I am thinking Gold Coast. It has beaches, theme parks and depending on when you go there may be a Taps there. (Taps being a bar that stocks specialty beers you pour yourself and has excellent food.) Depending on answers I might be able to organise everyone staying in a suite or house together. Time would be March or later.

I want to know who's interested in attending, and what price they can swing (not including travel), or suggestions on other places we could all meet. Post here or send me a message and I'll start doing the maths.

Comments

• TectonTecton The Garden of the Gods
    If it's in April, I'll be back home and would love to catch up with everyone!
  • Following this. I really need to plan more holidays and I have had great holidays in Brisbane, Sunshine Coast and on the GC previously.
  • april sounds fantastic, around my birthday and I can visit my brother a few hours north! I'm in
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    Definitely interested.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• Also interested!
  • Sounds great!  I live in Sydney, but am originally from Brisbane so can easily make a meet at the GC.
  • Colour me interested.
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    Y'all seem awfully optimistic the native wildlife won't have offed you by then
  • Can confirm. Have seen tourists very cautious about checking trees in case of drop bears, while Australians look perfectly safe.
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• I remember telling stories of hoop snakes, drop bears and wasp spiders to friends who wanted to visit. Took about 6 people before they googled my farce. Although I scared one into never coming here because of wasp spiders :proud: 
  • Sylvaria said:
    I remember telling stories of hoop snakes, drop bears and wasp spiders to friends who wanted to visit. Took about 6 people before they googled my farce. Although I scared one into never coming here because of wasp spiders :proud: 
    I don't know why you feel you need to exaggerate, Australia has a pretty good list of reasons to never camp in the wild.

http://www.australiangeographic.com.au/topics/wildlife/2013/03/australias-dangerous-animals-the-top-30/
  • Draekar said:
    Sylvaria said:
    I remember telling stories of hoop snakes, drop bears and wasp spiders to friends who wanted to visit. Took about 6 people before they googled my farce. Although I scared one into never coming here because of wasp spiders :proud: 
    I don't know why you feel you need to exaggerate, Australia has a pretty good list of reasons to never camp in the wild.

http://www.australiangeographic.com.au/topics/wildlife/2013/03/australias-dangerous-animals-the-top-30/
    Bot flies scare me more than that entire list.
  • Lol'ing the bull ants made the list.
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    Half those snakes live in my backyard quite literally. The amount of times I've almost trod on tree snakes is why I wear shoes now when walking around outside. It surprises me that I've never stood on anything more deadly yet, but at least I know where the pair of death adders hang out.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• Interested. Don't particularly care when, but I'd like to avoid schoolies (whenever that is) and the first week of July.
  • Wow, a lot of interest!

Date will be in April. That's a certain because I quite liked Tecton when we met in Vegas so it would be cool to catch up again.

I'm also hearing a lot of people talking about side trips to family in Brisbane. Would it be better to stage this in Brisbane and do a field trip to the coast one day?
  • As long as there is minimal necessity in traveling via vehicle within Brisbane... I hate driving in there. Sure, I have a motorbike and that makes it easier, but it's still Brisbane.
  • TectonTecton The Garden of the Gods
    Jukilian said:
    As long as there is minimal necessity in traveling via vehicle within Brisbane... I hate driving in there. Sure, I have a motorbike and that makes it easier, but it's still Brisbane.
    Don't get me started about driving in Brisvegas...
  • What's wrong with driving in Brissie? :P I'm sure it's no different to other cities!
  • edited December 2015
    @Tecton, @Draekar, @Sylvaria, @Kyrra, @Jukilian, @Lyrin, @Sarathai, @Kunama, @Alakardaiel, @Mindshell

We have three dates : 

April 16th-18th (Sat - Mon) : This would be the weekend meet. Teccy flies in the 16th so we could probably meet up  on the 17th. Prices in hotels will be a little higher due to it being the weekend.

Somewhere between April 18th - 22nd (Mon - Fri ) : This would be during the weekdays. A little more complicated as people would have to ask for time off but hotels should be cheaper and things like the beach and theme parks will be less crowded. Tecton may not be as jet-lagged.

April 25th-27th (Mon-Wed) : Another weekday meet. Same benefits as above. Will be rocking out hard on Wednesday to give Tecton a big farewell as he flee the country and all the wildlife.

Send me preferences on date!

Also, Brisbane has an awesome public transport system. Driving can be kept as a minimum. A train from the main airport into the CBD is about 40 minutes. From the CBD to the Theme parks is about 50 minutes via train (and a few minutes on a bus.)

I'm not sure how long it will be to get to the Gold Coast from the Brisbane Airport Terminal. I think there is also a smaller airport down on the coast people could fly into. They will be buses that head to the theme parks as well. Also Gold Coast has a killer gaming arcade.

So send me preferences for location as well!
  • I'll confirm with the mrs when she wanted to go to bali, 25th is my birthday (28 years young ugh) so if it is around then that works too! I'm pretty easy though, so put me down for any :)
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    Considering the 16th to the 27th since I have friends and family that I want to catch up with as well. But I'll get back to you with something more definite. It's been a while since I've had a chance to travel period so I'd want to make the most of any sort of break.

• edited December 2015
    Ooo.  Depending on the financial situation, I might be able to tag along too.  It will be good to see @Tahquil again.  I hope you have a new hat :D 

Janeway: Tuvok! *clapclap* Release my hounds!
    Krenim: Hounds? How cliche.
    Janeway: Tuvok! *clapclap* Release my rape gorilla!
    Krenim: ...We'll show ourselves out.
  • @berenene will get a new hat, just for you
  • Anything during the week rules me out (unless night time related), weekend would be a last minute confirmation closer to the chosen date 
  • The weekend would be best for me!   I might be able to come along for a day if it's during the week, but will be harder for me to get away for a long period of time.
  • No idea if I can make any of these dates yet given I don't have a 2016 work calendar in place yet.

That said I'd love to be there so will make an effort for what ever dates others go with.
  • If I don't hear any objects in the next few days it'll be the weekend of the 16th
  • Looks like I'm working from the 12th through to the 25th. You guys have fun though!

Not to derail, is anyone else in the Newcastle / Sydney area? If so send me a message in game if you're interested in a meet, if there's enough perhaps we could organize something, or just meet up for a couple of beers.