General Seafaring Ideas and New Ship Commands

1235»

Comments

• Oh, add to the list. Notification when your flags decay either a message or a shiplog.
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    Something I would like as well is the ability for the ship owner to forcefully take command of her vessel, without the current captain having to agree to it. 

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• You can already do that lol ship appoint (yourself) captain haha
  • Shirszae said:
    Something I would like as well is the ability for the ship owner to forcefully take command of her vessel, without the current captain having to agree to it. 
    IIRC, you can already do that with SHIP APPOINT <self> CAPTAIN. A bit cumbersome to have to do it that way instead of by the usual ASSUME command, though. 
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    Yeah, so I was told. Quite nifty!

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• Don't say I never did nothin for ya.
  • As added flavor can we keelhaul going bow to stern or port to starboard?
  • Alright I was told to put this here as well as Idea it. 'what if blessed figureheads showed that they were blessed when probed like under how much they weigh have it say, This figurehead has been touched by the sea spirits. Maybe @Tecton and His awesome Team could consider it?

• Or just how rings show they have an enchantment on them now.
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    Greys said:
    Or just how rings show they have an enchantment on them now.
    Pretty sure they have always done that as long as you've got weaponprobe in Weaponry. They've only just changed things so you see enchantments on things in shops by default as long as you've got the skill to see it.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• A couple qualify of life changes:

Degrees of rowing (easy, hard, ramming)

Cargo trades accept singulars as well as plurals: fruit vs fruits, spice vs spices
  • Flying ships
  • So a reverse transoceanic orb?  I suddenly have an image of dropping my ships into mhaldor and firing the weapons onto the city. O.o
  • From a few practice arena matches today:

1) can we have some way to easily delineate between dipped and undipped ammo?

2) can we get weapon accuracy looked at? I had a crew of people with aiming and steadygoing missing 80+% of their shots against a moving target who was just rowing without maneuvers. Weapons are just not viable at that accuracy. 
  • If there was conflict with a Triton faction (or two!), which involved actively hunting for and attacking Tritons and sea monsters (and getting neat rewards for doing so!), I would be so~ happy. :smile: 

• MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    edited November 2015
    Pretty sure anything involving the tritonic cities (instead of just sea monsters) on a more in-depth scale than just "GODDAMN CASPIITES" (the plague event would be a good example of possible) would require an active Neraeos, alas.

RIP Neraeos. :(
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • Three-way battle between a giant sea serpent and two ships.

Oh the possibilities!
    Current scripts: GoldTracker 1.2, mData 1.1
    Site: https://github.com/trevize-achaea/scripts/releases
    Thread: http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/4064/trevizes-scripts
    Latest update: 9/26/2015 better character name handling in GoldTracker, separation of script and settings, addition of gold report and gold distribute aliases.
  • Sarapis said:
    Trevize said:
    Three-way battle between a giant sea serpent and two ships.

Oh the possibilities!
    I believe the naval term for that is ménage à trout. 

And now we know where all these seafaring updates are heading... :p
    Current scripts: GoldTracker 1.2, mData 1.1
    Site: https://github.com/trevize-achaea/scripts/releases
    Thread: http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/4064/trevizes-scripts
    Latest update: 9/26/2015 better character name handling in GoldTracker, separation of script and settings, addition of gold report and gold distribute aliases.
  • I'm scared and confused already. Did you really have to add puns into the mix?
  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    I'd still really like to see mountable rams added to seafaring and being able to equip them to a ship like figureheads are. Allows for ramming a vessel and doing a moderate to great deal of damage to another vessel (dependent on if you actually hit it, and the speed/size of the ship at impact) and moderate damage to ramming vessel as well.

• KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm

. . . . . .

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."