Character Questionnaire

124»

Comments

• Yeah... mine's the same.
    Current scripts: GoldTracker 1.2, mData 1.1
    Site: https://github.com/trevize-achaea/scripts/releases
    Thread: http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/4064/trevizes-scripts
    Latest update: 9/26/2015 better character name handling in GoldTracker, separation of script and settings, addition of gold report and gold distribute aliases.
  • JeslynJeslyn United States
    I'm cringing upon reading my IC responses from a year ago. I had forgotten how hopelessly naive and untravelled she was. Maybe I'll try filling it out again, but her previous answers can die in a vat of boiling oil. I'd be fine with that.
  • AustereAustere Tennessee
    edited October 2015
    So I found myself bored at work and figured why not:

Do you, or did you, have any role models?

@Jhui is a combat god and someone every little boy originally from Ashtan wants to be like.

@Halos, just because of how I feel walking away from all our conversions.  I once asked him if I could hunt x, and while he answering my question, I walked around for hours wondering whether or not I could hunt there still.  The guy is a lightning rod of intellect and always has the passive effect of making me feel like a dummy. His breakdown of philosophy was unparalleled and his ability to just whip up some roleplay is godlike. Never seen anything like it before. 

How do you generally treat others?

I do my best to treat everyone well.  I attempt to put on a facade of friendliness anytime someone asks about my ministry, regardless of my thoughts towards that person,  and I am always helpful when I can find a way, with the exception to fools and know-it-alls. 

What do you consider your greatest achievement?

Realistically, I should probably say Caer honors line.  Took months of hard work and long days, but the company made it worthwhile(@Jadys). While in actuality, it's probably everything I have been able to accomplish in Targossas since I joined up.  The amount of growth and outgoing combat endeavors had jumped since my joining and I cannot help but take -some- credit. 

What is your idea of perfect happiness?

Good fighting against a comparable foe, before resigning myself to laziness with those I hold close. 

What is your dream occupation?

Lumarch. While I would accept a position as a house leader if it were needed, I have never really reached for that.  I feel like Lumarch is the next step up in the occupational ladder for me, however doubtful that is. 

What is your most treasured possession?

Probably my staff, created as a gift to solidify the bonds of brotherhood between two others and myself.  No matter where we go, or what side we stand on, we shall always hold love for one another.  Duty transcends our bond, and I don't care a bit too put the hurt on one of them, though. 

Where do you travel to most often, and why?

Not counting Targossas, Ashtan has probably been my most reoccurring destination as of late.  Lady @Aurora said light the fire; Her will be done. 

When and where were you the happiest?

When I first joined Targossas, just because of the amount of appreciation and gratitude displayed towards myself.  The city was ripe for a combat leader to build a base. Building myself up from nothing to someone is an experience unrivaled by anything else I have ever done. 

What is your most marked characteristic?

I'm a bit of a smart ass.

What is it that you most dislike?

Ignorance, apathy, and whining.

What is your greatest fear (may be a little spoiler-y? You can omit, of course)?

Not serving the Bloodsworn to their expectations. Lady Aurora calling me for council late one month and expressing dissatisfaction with my work. 

What is your greatest extravagance?

Probably my collection of unique items. Veil is definitely in the running, though. 

Who do you most despise?

I would rather not say. 

What is your greatest regret?

Lingering in Ashtan for 250 years,  content with my place in the world. Waiting so long and making it so hard on those trying to convert me. 

Which talent would you most like to have?

Immunity to zap and scimitars.

What is the trait you most deplore in yourself?

Me consistent desire for formal acknowledgement.  I never have been able to just do the work without someone recognizing it.  I get burned out fairly easy with all work and no reward.

What is the trait you most deplore in others?

Apathy, inability to learn,  and being a know-it-all.  

What do you most value in your friends?

Good company, mutual interests, protective nature, and individuality.

What do you consider the most overrated virtue?

Combat abilities.  While is true that combat takes years of practice, there are so many other facets an individual can focus on that go generally unrecognized.

On what occasions do you lie?

I seldomly lie, though I do believe is misleading enemies of the Dawnspear. Just last month,  @Seragorn asked me if I was hunting Therans. While I pleaded ignorance to the definition of "Theran", I did not lie. 

Which words or phrases do you most overuse?

Ya, heh,  and Target.

If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?

I would try to be more selfless in regards to my work and more selfish when it comes to my own happiness. 

How would you like to die?

In a fiery explosion protecting Creation as the rain drizzled down around me. 

Describe a typical dream you might have.

Personal

Describe your worst nightmares.

Being told I have to beat Jhui or @Seragorn in a duel to order to advance in an organization. Being forced to write essays.
  • @Austere - Easiest way to find immunity to zap and scimitars is cake. (See @Micaelis as bad example). If you think those are bad, should see the one where I get really mad!
    Aurora said:
    @Austere - Easiest way to find immunity to zap and scimitars is cake. (See @Micaelis as bad example). If you think those are bad, should see the one where I get really mad!
    Oh no, she noticed me.  I feel like my habitual tagging has finally gotten the best of me.  Now that I said it, I am sure to be zapped during our next meeting.  Guess whose bedtime just got moved up! 
  • Cake is also a good start on the road to Lumarch. Just sayin'.
    Aurora said:
    Cake is also a good start on the road to Lumarch. Just sayin'.
    Stop being so encouraging. Have you seen my competition?! (Any particular flavor choice?) You're gonna get so much cake from so many different people, that you will be caked out before I  even login! (Can a person be "caked out"? Doubtful)
  • Madeira or Lemon Drizzle. Enough hints!
  • AodfionnAodfionn Seattle, WA
    Austere said:
    Aurora said:
    Cake is also a good start on the road to Lumarch. Just sayin'.
    Stop being so encouraging. Have you seen my competition?! (Any particular flavor choice?) You're gonna get so much cake from so many different people, that you will be caked out before I  even login! (Can a person be "caked out"? Doubtful)
    Don't forget to make puns repeatedly when delivering the cakes. I can tell you from experience, it ends well
    Aurora says, "Are you drunk, Aodfionn?"
  • Aerek said:
    Atalkez said:

Past service/experience/accomplishments. You may have been awesome back in 400 AF, but it's nearly 700 now. Let's be realistic.
    I quoted this so I could like it again.

wtf, you can't like your own posts anymore? I thought this was America.
    I liked it. You can now like this one.

I got your back.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Austere said:
    Atalkez said:
    Apathy, definitely. So many people use this game as a chatbox to talk about other games, or just...afk. Why do you log in? Save my ping you heathen.

This so much.  I really wish a monk from each faction would band together and make it our job to kill afk people on guard stacks. Nothing makes me more angry as a player or a character.  I really do miss the old days when being afk was against the rules.  Why can't afk people be open pk? 
    It's very aggravating, for sure.

Especially if they are knowingly avoiding repercussions of something they did (contract/bounty).

I always offer a duel to my contract/bounties. Last night I offered the duel to a Targossian, he declined. I asked him why does he go on the offensive if he chooses to hide from the repercussions of that action. 

His response was "Because I can". I offered some antagonistic words against him/Targossas (having no backbone, etc) but got nothing.

It's kind of sad. If you wanna hide, at least have a good RP reason to hide. When I ask Halos to duel, he always has some quip or another that works just fine to saying no to the duel while also sticking to your RP. Dropping all RP because you don't want to die is just :(

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Atalkez said:

Losing to @Zuko
    Tell me about it. Shits scary
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    A little over a year later and my answers have shifted more dramatically than I could have guessed, even knowing at the time (while very few others did) that I was going to Mhaldor within a month. What a crazy year. 

Loving some of these newer insights though!
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • I did this for myself a while ago but never posted it. I think I'd just moved to Ashtan at the time. It's crazy to think how much has changed, though, so I figured I'd post my new answers!

Do you, or did you, have any role models? 

Once upon a time Raia was my role model. Nowadays I’d have to say Sybilla and Taraus’ give-no-shits attitude is what I strive toward.

I’d like to think that I generally treat others well. In reality, though, I generally pretend they don’t exist. I’m pretty antisocial, except for my work with newbies and the select few that have made it to the inner circle including all my babies and adopted kiddos. Those people I shower in love.

Every time I see a young citizen that I’ve helped finally “get it” and every time one of my babies says “I love you, Mom.”

My idea of perfect happiness is relaxing in the family chalet with family and friends or working with people on their house tasks.

I’m living them - Shepherdess of the Sightless and Ambassador! So many people have said “That title [Shepherdess] is just perfect for you.” I love working with newbies.

My house. I’ve put so much blood, sweat, and tears (and holy crap the gold!) into the family chalet. I also treasure the hair dagger that Kross gave me last Logosmas and the pin that matches the one that I gave him on the same holiday.

I’m usually found on the battlements in Ashtan, in my house with friends and family, doing inventory, or near a stove cooking up a storm to fatten everyone up!

My wedding day and watching the reception raid in Targossas afterward. Also in the midst of any storm, particularly the one in my backyard chapel.

Physically, my most marked characteristic is likely my hair. These ringlets are beyond all control. Otherwise, I’d probably say my ability to flip a switch from friendly and loving to my friends and family to cold and icy to people who could go fall off the planet and it wouldn’t affect me one way or the other.

Drama. It’s pointless and stupid and serves absolutely no purpose whatsoever. Also, promotions based on favors instead of merit.

What is your greatest fear (may be a little spoiler-y? You can omit, of course)?

Publicly admit a weakness someone could exploit? Not this girl.

My house. I’m never quite satisfied with it and constantly on the hunt for wood and stone to build more onto it.

Who do you most despise?

People who feel the need to spread rumors for the sake of turning others against me because they’re intimidated by my self-confidence or my competence. Also those who walk around talking about how busy they are, but don’t actually DO anything yet have people fall all over them thinking they’re so wonderful. Watching karma catch up to those bitches is delicious. I’m a patient woman.

That I didn’t leave Cyrene to live my life for me sooner. Don’t get me wrong, I loved most of my time there, but I should have left a lot earlier than I actually did. Leaving Cyrene, and ultimately even the Nerai, lifted a huge weight off my shoulders and I felt like I could breathe and be myself.

I’d love to be a better ritualist. I need to shake off the rust and get back into it.

My impatience with others. I have a seemingly endless amount of patience for newbies, but with older folks? Nope, none.

An over-inflated sense of ego that leads them to think that they are deserving of recognition but don’t need to actually put in the work.

Honesty and the willingness to make an attempt to maintain their end of the friendship as well.

I think polite social niceties and small talk are overrated. Those that know me know that I tend to start in the middle of the conversation at the heart of the matter and that I’m pretty blunt.

I don’t. I’m usually fairly blunt and honest.

I’m not really sure what I tend to overuse. I know I say “Well done!” an awful lot, but that’s usually to new citizens who have completed the Cultist’s Conspiracy.

I would probably make myself a little more outgoing and care a little less about what people think.

In the midst of a storm.

I don’t sleep, so I don’t dream!

See above.

Reading these from people I think I know has always made me happy.  The fact you view me as a role model among the others really does make my day.  Pretty sure you're the third person to ever say that.  Thanks,  @Aesi
  • Do you, or did you, have any role models?

Honestly, it depends on the situation. @Mephaos was a big push to hunt more. @Deladan has been a big push to get better at combat. @Mycen has just been awesome in everything. @Yerf is possibly the best HL I've ever had, makes me hope to be even close to him should the time come that I must step up.

Honestly, I'm pretty friendly to most folks that I meet. Those closest to me may see a little glimpse of a temper, but then it goes away

I haven't reached my greatest achievement yet.

Good Family, Good Friends, on a ship.

House Leader.

My Ship The Wildebeast, mostly because of what I put myself through to purchase it. (2 RL years of hunting/questing)

Toss between Moghedu to hunt, or Eleusis to hang out.

Out at Sea, fishing with @Mycen and @Deladan

Honestly...I don't know.

Petty, closed-minded people

Right now...losing my ship.

My ship

Who do you most despise?

Despise is a strong word...there are some folks I could do without in my life..but I don't despise them.

I...really don't have any regrets.

Better Combat, both on Land, and at Sea

I am energetic to a fault sometimes

Closed Minds

Just being around is the most important value of all.

Patience. I don't like jumping through hoops. I like getting things done.

When I wanna get away with things...

Amok!

I would be Dragon, and a high ranked fighter right now

At sea, going down with my ship

I haven't had a dream in a long time...

Losing My ship, my city, my house, and my family.

Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool Or a coward
    Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both
    For a wounded man will shall say to his assailant
    "If I live, I will kill you. If I die, you are forgiven"
    Such is the rule of honor

Well this is complicated.  I've had several for different things and at times many. @Rangor, @Deladan (tons of help given for combat) and keeping me motivated for tons of things overall

Generally I treat others as they treat Mycen, so they get what they deserve.

Finding the perfect person for Mycen and having a wonderful family and friends...  Ohhh.. and winning my first duel in literal years..

I'm not even sure that exists.

Occupations are too constrictive, I'd rather branch out and dabble in many things.

I have two, my veil that was crafted by Indrani and a recent rose petal gifted by @Artemis from the wedding

Mhaldor most likely, and it's obvious why.. heh

That's a given, back in the day in Mhaldor and in the Naga before things went all crazy.

Being silent and quiet... 

Whinny people who assume they deserve things just cause they are old and feel 'entitled' or sit on their ass and do nothing..  

My ship!!  It's my home away from home.

Who do you most despise?

Oh.. now now .. I can't list those here, it would take me far too long to name them, so I'll let people wonder.

Not sure she has one, she does things as it makes her happy and to advance things she's linked to.. so, nope..

To be able to give a sermon or speech and make people drag out a thesaurus to comprehend what you just said.

Can't think of one.

Know-it-all's

That's easy, easy going, loyal and ones that can make me laugh.

Being very blunt 

lie.. whats that??

... there's not one.

absolutely nothing

In an epic event..

Considering sleep is only when I'm getting attacked or something, it generally would be in a death.

Realizing that her entire life has been nothing but a dream...

From Eleusis: @Rangor and @Ravien. They have always been wonderful. In Ashtan: Atalkez and @Jhui. I was so worried about fitting into Ashtan, but Jhui threw open the doors and allowed me to become part of his team, and Atalkez is always supportive of my pursuits. Even if he thinks they are ridiculous. 

Friendly and bouncy. I am open and welcoming. Unless you are one of the few people I don't like. Then ice cold. If you earn my enmity you are vapour and don't exist to me. Overly touchy people also get hissed at. 

Ambassador of Eleusis for sixty-five years, Elder dragon, and being one of Ashtan's pet serpents. Being a mother, being a loved and cherished wife. Winning the Halloween contest a few years back. Being known as a fierce fashionista.

I am wonderfully happy now. I'm living it. I never, ever thought I could be this happy, and maintain it for years without quarrel. It's wonderful. 

My desires switch, but my main dream has always been to be one of the go-to designers and chefs in the realm. I've attained that, and it makes me sparkle every time I hear a comment about it. I am filled with so much happiness that people go out of their way to visit my shops or ask me for cupcakes and food. 

A luminous collar of crimson ribbon. It is the first gift @Atalkez ever gave to me. My crafting licenses. Without them I wouldn't be who I was meant to be.

Delos, Ashtan, Targossas. I know that city quite well from raiding it. It is my second home. 

Now with Atalkez. Wherever he is, I am the happiest. I feel lost when he isn't around. 

Glitter. Bouncy silliness. The sheer giggle factor I possess. I know people assume I'm vapid because I'm small and manic, but the truth is very different. 

Favouritism and hypocrisy. I can rage and get very dragon-y when that happens. 

Being abandoned. 

My pet collection. There is a touch of pride and shame when the horde is let loose. 

Who do you most despise?

My ex husband. 

Being too naive, too trusting, too blind for far too long. I wish people had told me what I now know. I wish I could exorcise the ghosts of my past, and never have my name linked to that man again.

The ability to write poetry. I just can't grasp the intricacies of a couplet. 

My ability to feel too much. It takes just a few callous words to wound me. I hate that I want people to like me, and when they don't it upsets me. People either like me or hate me, I understand this, but it still hurts.

Disloyalty. Lying/Cheating.

Intelligence and loyalty. I can't tolerate stupid people. 

Patience. I prefer Wrath instead. I am not a forgiving sort, and can hold a grudge to last the ages. 

When I want to protect someone from pain. However, that urge has been spanked out of me.

"Oh my Gods!" is my most common one. 

Not giving @atalkez a closer look when we first met when I was young and he was Targossian. Our lives could have been so, so different. 

In bed, warm and long-lived. Though the odds, with my recent foray into wielding Chaos and fighting, aren't in my favour. 

They are not for public consumption! 

Being abandoned and lied to. I've lived through it once, I couldn't survive it again.