RP Bugbite

I've been bitten by the RP bug. After I got my tailor's license, I was suddenly struck with the urge to do more than combat training ( :open_mouth: ). I want to RP, and I mean RP for real. I have no judgement against Mudsex or crack RP or anything like that, but what I'm looking for is more serious and long-term. We of course have city RP and event RP, but I feel like it's limited to in-city interactions. I can't just waltz into Ashtan and look for an RP opportunity, and earlier today I reached out to someone in Hashan but got rejected because I was enemied to the city. Combat semi-RP is prevalent, but actual extended RP seems to be either hidden from me or non-existent. 

Thoughts?

Comments

• I find when you reach out to an enemy you need to have an open ended approach they can run with. Sure, a lot will ignore you with "I don't talk to city enemies" especially somewhere like Hashan, but once in a while you find a good one. Philosophical conversation is always easier with directly opposing factions anyway.

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • I've actually been enjoying this back and forth that's been going on for the last little bit. Good stuff. 

• KasyaKasya Tennessee
    Reach out to a Harbinger if you wanna go back and forth with a Targossian. It's what we do. That being said, every city has players who are far more comfortable with RP and others just learning how to get into character and react IC as well. I've learnt as I went, and it's made the game far more fun for me.
  • edited October 2015
    @Deladan I've enjoyed it, as well. And @Kasya , please excuse my newbiness, but I have no idea what a Harbinger is :p

edit: forgot to tag people, woops
  • KasyaKasya Tennessee
    @Eoka no worries! The Harbingers of Redemption are one of the Targ houses. Usually have Predicant, Harbinger, Ivory something in their title. In my case, Catchumen.
  • TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!
    Waders of the Mnemosyne is a pretty interesting clan for philosophical views - the newsboard, atleast, the chat itself seems empty most of the time. Might just be my timezone.
    Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

• Dude. Wanna be arch-enemies? RPK is the best. El already has a... complicated relationship with @Atalkez, but there's room for an arch enemy.
  • @Elowin Dude. Heck yes I will be your arch-enemy! Meet me behind the school parking lot at 3, nerd. 
  • Why can't you just waltz in to Ashtan looking for RP? I'm always happy to chat with pretty much anybody about pretty much anything in-game. Jokes about Ashtan RP = kai choke aside, I'm sure there's a lot of us who feel the same way. Honest!
  • @Reiloch I'm enemied to the city, I'd die in an instant  :p
  • Eoka said:
    @Reiloch I'm enemied to the city, I'd die in an instant  :p
    A fatal stabbing is just how we say hello in the Bastion.
  • Find out how to be a man, blooding rwgular doing strong into yoy tgaey told me something wtf are these lyrics.. i wont do what you saaaaay i juat wanna bw awake

• Aegoth said:
    Find out how to be a man, blooding rwgular doing strong into yoy tgaey told me something wtf are these lyrics.. i wont do what you saaaaay i juat wanna bw awake

I am confuse.
  • Are you seeking a specific kind of RP (art, theological debate, etc.)? What sorts of things is your character interested in aside from combat?
  • @Aegoth I don't know why I expected anything else, tbh. @Aereidhna Specifically, what I'm looking for is more of a meeting, maybe chance or expected, then from that meeting a storyline develops. An actual back and forth, extended RP. I'm still super new to Achaea relative to everyone else so I don't know if that's a thing, but I hope it is!
  • I've found it amusing that Eoka has narrowly slipped away every time.... it's funny. 

• @Deladan I literally have no idea how she never dies to you. No clue at all. Mostly I am aware that you're following me, but she's about as dangerous as a kitten on her own so that isn't much help. 

Sidenote: Finally got enemied to the forest. It only took about three years, sheesh Eleusis. 
  • Eoka said:
    @Deladan I literally have no idea how she never dies to you. No clue at all. Mostly I am aware that you're following me, but she's about as dangerous as a kitten on her own so that isn't much help. 

Sidenote: Finally got enemied to the forest. It only took about three years, sheesh Eleusis. 

Slipped away by the skin of your teeth everytime, and even got invited to a wedding along the way. 

• Atalkez will find you.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • @Eoka: Since it doesn't appear to have been mentioned yet, are you aware of RPWHO? I've never used it myself, but that might help with finding people - especially from other factions - who might be more receptive to interactions from their enemies.
  • @Antonius Ah, actually did not know about that. Thank you!
  • JeslynJeslyn United States
    edited November 2015
    I used to use rpwho a lot to gauge who is interested in roleplay. However, I'm finding of the few people that turn it on... they are extremely hard to find. Right now, I've been sticking to people I can sense in the forests (given they aren't mudsexing), tsol'aa (using rwho), and order members of different Gods. There is a tsol'aa racial clan which has made it easier on me to connect. Family clans are useful, unless your relatives are insufferable. XD

When meeting a potential rp person, I'm usually the one that will start the interaction. From there, the person is being mildly 'interviewed' with a little back and forth conversation. I don't necessarily need emotes, but I appreciate it as I can pick up character quirks. Depending on my mood, interest levels, the weather, and the earth's axis, I'll pass/fail someone. This only means that there is a 90% chance I'll go out of my way to interact with you again, otherwise the person will have to make an effort to find me.

I've interacted with quite a few Mhaldorians and I just love them all to pieces. However giving off the I'm not here to murder/jump you vibes when you're attempting to start a conversation with someone outside your city will greatly help. ;)

Edit: I forgot to mention this, but letters are an awesome way to increase your chances at an rp session. I love the medium!