Svof

Comments

• TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!
    dragonflex is handled poorly when you have svo's serverside support activated anyway, you'd have to code your own way of utilising it when TN SS is active
    Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

• Can't say I've had any of these issues, personally. For tree strats, either a) turn them off, and copy them into serverside's tree strats... Or turn off autocuring's tree usage, and let svo do that. If you have autocuring to use tree, it'll always use tree if the primary cure method isn't available for the aff it wants to cure (if you don't have custom tree strats for it).

• edited October 2015
    Daeir said:
    I can't really tolerate the general unreliability and crippling issues that seem present in svof over standard svo.

I've lost my def settings over 9 times, serverside prios aren't being set properly by the client, the system is consistently double eats/drinks/applies when serverside is active, dragonflex isn't being handled properly, tree strategies are no longer functioning, doqueue isn't functioning the same as it used to. Not to mention pipes no longer working consistently either (had to buy an artefact pipe for skullcap because the relighting is so poorly handled now).

I've redownloaded and installed the latest release and even some past ones that I knew functioned okay on brand new profiles, same issues every time. I had a feeling something like this would happen - part of svo's original lure was that it was maintained by someone who knew what they were doing and were familiar with their own setup. Until svof gets a dedicated maintainer, it isn't going to hold a candle to stuff like Wundersys.

So long and thanks for all the fish, I guess.

Much of this sounds like you turned server side on (CURING ON) without telling svo about it (tn ss).

ETA: While I can't call myself a dedicated maintainer (not enough of a combatant), I can tell we have a look at bugs that are reported. But you are right, there is currently not enough manpower beind svof for such a huge project. Hopefully people will start to understand the structure soon and contribute instead of giving up and waiting for other people to do the changes for them and ranting if something does not work.
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    I'd love to be involved, but the whole Github thing is confusing AF. If someone can walk me through it, I'd be more than happy to contribute.

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • Start off by making an account at Github.

Once that's done, fork the svof repository by clicking the "Fork" button in the upper right corner.

I use Linux, so I use git for the next steps, but you can use tortoisegit on windows and it should work as well.
    (git documentation, tortoisegit documentation)

You'll need to clone and set up your repository to push changes and to pull updates from svof's repo.
    http://i.imgur.com/iJcJpKz.png

Once that's done, you can make changes, commit them, and then push them to your repository.

After pushing, you can go your repository page on Github and create a pull request.

I'm leaving out the svof setup portion since that's covered in svof's README
    retired
  • For windows and mac there is also "Github for [Windows|Mac]", which is a nice GUI program. It also has a builtin tutorial, but I don't know how good it is, since I never tried it.
    Seifur said:
    You'll need to clone and set up your repository to push changes and to pull updates from svof's repo.
    http://i.imgur.com/iJcJpKz.png
    This is the bit where I'm confused. I have the forked Svof, and installed Git, how do I "clone and set up my respository"?

Also, later on, will I need to have a separate profile on Mudlet for Svof development?

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • There is a field on the right side that says "SSH clone URL" (or "HTTPS clone URL"). use that with the "git clone" command to get a copy to your computer.

You can also use an existing svo/svof profile for development by uninstalling the system first and ten installing the dev version according to https://github.com/svof/svof/blob/master/README.md#setup
    OK, now have a local copy. Time for a lie down. :proud: 

• LyrLyr
    edited October 2015
    Serverside messes up my defenses completely and I have to reset mudlet. It hangs on rebounding, for instance. Almost got me killed!

Can there be a mode for defs to be handled locally but still use serverside curing?
  • Do "vshow server" and check everything you want to have handled client side.
  • Keneanung said:
    Daeir said:
    I can't really tolerate the general unreliability and crippling issues that seem present in svof over standard svo.

I've lost my def settings over 9 times, serverside prios aren't being set properly by the client, the system is consistently double eats/drinks/applies when serverside is active, dragonflex isn't being handled properly, tree strategies are no longer functioning, doqueue isn't functioning the same as it used to. Not to mention pipes no longer working consistently either (had to buy an artefact pipe for skullcap because the relighting is so poorly handled now).

I've redownloaded and installed the latest release and even some past ones that I knew functioned okay on brand new profiles, same issues every time. I had a feeling something like this would happen - part of svo's original lure was that it was maintained by someone who knew what they were doing and were familiar with their own setup. Until svof gets a dedicated maintainer, it isn't going to hold a candle to stuff like Wundersys.

So long and thanks for all the fish, I guess.

Much of this sounds like you turned server side on (CURING ON) without telling svo about it (tn ss).

ETA: While I can't call myself a dedicated maintainer (not enough of a combatant), I can tell we have a look at bugs that are reported. But you are right, there is currently not enough manpower beind svof for such a huge project. Hopefully people will start to understand the structure soon and contribute instead of giving up and waiting for other people to do the changes for them and ranting if something does not work.
    I'm available to help explain the structure, just get in touch however. https://github.com/svof/svof/blob/master/Developer readme.md is a good start.
  • Nice keneanung!

Anyone having any progres og gmcp affs and a 'classless' or multiclass version?
  • Rangor said:
    Nice keneanung!

Anyone having any progres og gmcp affs and a 'classless' or multiclass version?
    no progress that I know about. I will probably start on multiclass next, but the changes seem to be pretty involved and I will move next week, so time is sparse as well.
  • GMCP affs should be a pretty quick project, in theory. The only issue is that stackable afflictions (e.g. two-handed knight fractures) aren't reported properly - you get an Add message on the first stack, and you get a Remove when you've cured all stacks, but there's nothing to update the number of stacks when you get a new one - so you still have to track them the old fashioned way. I've had a bug filed for a while now but no idea if/when that will be fixed.
  • There has been some discussion on this topic at https://github.com/svof/svof/issues/44
  • I just pushed the button to release version 8, a bugfix release:

This release fixes the recognition of dragon, which was changed by Achaea as well as a bug introduced with the inventory tracker that was added in version 7.

Merged pull requests:

• KayeilKayeil Washington State
    Will there be a fix for the qwhom function? Because a total is now shown (or I assume this is the issue) it just shows the total, then the function itself is really delayed. Sometimes the delay isn't too bad, but other times it's really, really slow.

Other than that, thanks for the updates, you've been awesome. I finally made the switch to letting server work with svof based on your instructions and so far it's great! Works like a dream. The only issues I've noticed or had is that sometimes it doesn diagnose or cure multiple limb breaks so I have to diagnose myself, and it uses Restore way too fast like on two limbs breaks which is unnecessary, especially for hunting. Any tips?
    What doesn't kill you gives you exp.

• @Kayeil: Assuming it hasn't changed, 'vconfig2' then click on '(view scenarios)' next to 'Use restore'. Then disable the top two, which are just such an incredibly bad idea.
  • As for the qwhom is an easy fix you can do manually till it is released. 

Go to the trigger named: Stop (people tracker who)

Add a new pattern saying: Total: 
    and set it to 'begin of line substring' (this last part not strictly necessary, but better safe than sorry)

• A fix for the qwhom is commited and needs review, but should be in for next release (sunday)
    Thanks guys, helps a ton!  :chuffed: 

Curious, are comms like stone able to be added in to the inra function now?

• edited November 2015
    I believe the raw commodities are missing the 'riftable' attribute in the gmcp data that function uses to inrift things.
    https://github.com/svof/svof/blob/master/raw-svo.skeleton.lua#L1996
    retired
  • Kayeil said:
    Curious, are comms like stone able to be added in to the inra function now?
    If not, they seem to work fine with the in-game INR ALL command.
  • 'Combine All' and 'Inr All' is great.
    If you need me, you can find me sporadically on the Achaea Discord as Yae. 
    Do not DM on forums unless you're ok with waiting a couple months!
  • If 'combine all' and 'inr all' works fine, then it would make sense to change the systems function to use it. inra only stayed because in-game inr all did not group items and so it was very spammy. The systems inra function did its job by convincing the admins to add it for everybody!
  • A little earlier tonight, I managed to crash Mudlet (or get dc'd) about five times in five minutes. I'm not sure if it was my connection or svof or something else, but error messages had these:

object:<Prompt Detect & Update> function:<Trigger2854>
    <[string "function Trigger 2854()..."]:2: attempt to index field 'Char' (a nil value)>

<[string "function svo_downloaded_file(_, filename)..."]:26: bad argument #2 to 'format' (string expected, got nil).

<[string "function mapswap()..."]:2: attempt to index field 'Room' (a nil value)>
    It would subsequently dc me about a minute after the continual error messages. I updated to svof 9, in the hopes that would fix it. Didn't seem to change much, though the "svo_downloaded_file" thing is now gone and I seem to be a bit more stable.

Could these errors be the cause of anything about the crashing and dcing? If it helps any, I'm currently using Mudlet 2.1, now on svof 9 (before it was 8 with the hotfix), and Zulah's GUI (on poking around, the "mapswap" thing could be from there?).
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."