Quick Combat Questions

Comments

• Another combat-esque question: Should I splurge for a ranger's bow? Or just get a collar of Lupus for my mount? Or something else entirely?

Reference skills & artefacts:
    http://pastebin.com/JAvJZaNx

The collar would allow me to actually bring my mount to fights. The bow would give me something line of sight / area, as priest is extremely deficient in that. I could also continue saving up for a Lv3 mace, I suppose.
  • AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    edited December 2012
    @Lyr

What kind of mount?  You aren't trans riding yet, being able to trample after you beckoned someone into totem would seem like a third of the reason to have a mount for a priest (the other being blocking and flying).  Unless you can trample, I'd just stick to cheap mounts.

Ranger bow good for anyone priest, you can heal insomnia and deafness and shoot people with delph/prefarar in one motion.
  • Golden gryphon.
  • Achilles said:
    Garao said:
    Aren't they both artie rapiers O.o
    Yes, so in this case it won't apply.  Also, since Chord is a runie I don't think having average rapier speed of 229 and 234 will make a huge difference.  Paladin's would need the soulpiercers a lot more.

Rapier speed will be 229 and 238, so around 2 seconds dsl speed which is -plenty- fast enough. Rapier damaged of 96 and 100 with a 2s dsl speed is crazy, and definitely worth it. The pre-damage and break damage of your setups will be immense, group damage crazy. Spiercer runie.... oh yes.

229 speed avg is 1.9-2s already.  At 235 it might be 1.8.  The extra .1s and 4dmg on his rapiers are not "that" game changing.
  • edited December 2012
    Difference between Eagle/Eagle and Eagle/Soulpiercer should be 0.0729 seconds fully runed (1.9602 -> 1.8873 assuming nimble), not sure how the game rounds it. Possibly "worth it" if you account the other extra stats, but I'd go for something more noticeable.

My vote is for wings; I love wings so much.

vvv @Garao with straight math (not ingame testing so no lag or anything) using a formula that has proven correct for me in the past, with trans weaponry+chivalry and nimble, 238/238 should be 1.8144s - I could be completely wrong! 

• edited December 2012
    Thought 238/238 was 1.9.

Er, not a very productive comment I know. I'm not suggesting @Chord get the spiercer, like I said earlier it's a matter of personal taste. I would vote Eagle Wings, despite knowing I'd upgrade the spiercer... While knowing I should still get Wings.

• I'd get the wings.

Also I can't believe I just read a page on suggested artefacts and there weren't any nihilist salespeople trying to sell some Rings of Flying™.

Party right, party hard,

Sing and dance, perfect bard.

Prefarar loop, accentato whore,

Buy a new rapier, get nerfed some more.

• Zeon said:
    I'd get the wings.

Also I can't believe I just read a page on suggested artefacts and there weren't any nihilist salespeople trying to sell some Rings of Flying™.
    I promise if you buy one you won't get brokenstarred anymore.

Remember to put me down as your referrer.

• Yeah, quick forged-sword question. What do people pay for top-notch rapiers on average?
    I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.
    for something with over 240+ speed you'll pay over 100cr for it.  I sold a 66 158 243 for 150 credits 
  • LyrLyr
    edited December 2012
    Bow + marksman trait > collar of Lupus* for me, then?

*Edited for clarity.
  • Just tested ring of pestilence. It seemed to only give these afflictions.
    Paralysed.
    suffering from epilepsy.
    unnaturally stupid.
    extremely generous.
    agoraphobic.
    afraid of heights.
    shivering.
    inspires disloyalty in those nearby.

Anyone have conflicting data? If not, feel free to make note of that.

• Only one you forgot is amnesia.
  • Spin staff is 10% cutting/blunt/magic resistance, flail staff is 15% cutting/blunt/magic resistance. If I remember right, the only unlisted commands are swing and flail.
  • Marksman: worth it for priest?
  • if you have a bow probably. because there aren't too many good minor traits, imo.

Party right, party hard,

Sing and dance, perfect bard.

Prefarar loop, accentato whore,

Buy a new rapier, get nerfed some more.

edited December 2012
    Lyr said:
    Marksman: worth it for priest?
    Definitely, you'll have accuracy issues already without aim/snipe.  
  • All right, so switching out mana weaver for marksman seems like a good idea. What about devout? I know it's only 5% more but that adds up over time, and devotion always seems to be lacking. I don't really know of another good minor trait, except maybe glass shatterer.
    Devout is okay.  But really the extra 2% per hour doesn't really help in all day raiding scenarios, you'll have to hoof it to the tree to immolate to really get back devo.

I'd take mana weaver over devout.  But I'd take one of the resistances (imbued, venomous blood, firetender, icewarden in that order) over mana weaver.
  • Iocun said:
    Only one you forgot is amnesia.

Yeah, I had a feeling it gave that too, but my test subject obviously couldn't diagnose that one.
  • Xith said:

Yeah, quick forged-sword question. What do people pay for top-notch rapiers on average?

I once auctioned a 247 speed for 450cr, mostly because Cooper stuck it out when he knew he was going to be outbid regardless both because he's a bro and wanted to make the other party pay for outbidding him, afaik. :D

• LOL. I remember that. Poor Isis got schooled. Shouldn't have messed with me.

• edited December 2012
    nevermind
    My free mudlet scripts can be had HERE.
  • It wasn't scamming, though. I bid up until I didn't have the credits to cover my bidding, then stopped.

• MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    edited December 2012
    i paid kui 400cr for a 247 once, because i'd just got paid a lot of money and felt like i could spend anything on anything.

oh how wrong i was

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • That was me last month, too :(

Forging is the absolute worst.