What's the No-Brainer Credit Package?

AdaAda
edited September 2015 in North of Thera
Hi! I've got this line in SHOW CREDITS:
You are eligible for purchasing the No-Brainer Credit Package.

Anyone know what it is? I've already got the no-brainer lesson packages so it couldn't be that and I couldn't find anything on achaea.com/credits either. :confused: 

Best Answer

Answers

• LothienLothien Montréal, Québec
    GET HYPE, SCARECROW CLASS!
  • So is it just a package of regularly-priced credits, in exactly the amount you'll need to trans your first extra class when multiclass comes out?
  • Half price, it seems. Also perhaps a hint to multiclass? :awesome: 
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    This seems really cool!

I'm surprised it's only for 30 days, though, instead of a permanent thing like the lesson packages.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • The lesson packages have basically had no net effect as far as we can tell. I still think they're a good idea, but their effect is minimal.
  • edited September 2015
    I think the lack of difference in net gain is due to people spending less money on credits for lessons but overall, more people tend to buy the lesson packages because they are good value for money.

So, the decrease in revenue from credit sales is offset by more people buying lesson packages - hence, no "noticeable" change in net revenue. However, the overall effect results in happier consumers(especially novices), which is something that should definitely be taken into consideration.

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • KasyaKasya Tennessee
    edited September 2015
    Starting over after a long break from playing, those lesson packages definitely impacted my decision to return. This credit package would have done the same. Plus lesson packages make great gifts. Pretty sure this would too. 

Edit: That is to say, please make this permanent.
  • This seems like a neat deal, though the limited nature of it means that I'm almost certainly not going to be able to take advantage of it, sadly.
  • Sarapis said:
    The lesson packages have basically had no net effect as far as we can tell. I still think they're a good idea, but their effect is minimal.

On that note I would love to purchase lessons more often. But I understand if credits are the way you have to do it after the initial purchases. I really do actually prefer the bonus of extra lessons at this stage of the game though. I wish we could purchase enough to quadtrans rather than just tritrans (3 classskills+survival). I think that might add to some people being more willing to be in combat. Just a thought though.
    (Blades of Valour): He just has that Synbios Swagger enough said.
    (Blades of Valour): Draekar says: "Synbios if sunbeams sparkle off that I'll kill you where you stand."

(Party) Halos says, "Disbar?"
    (Party) Draekar says, "You know here we have disbar."
    (Party) Draekar says, "And over there we have datbar."
  • Aerek said:
    Sarapis said:
    The lesson packages have basically had no net effect as far as we can tell. I still think they're a good idea, but their effect is minimal.
    No effect on what, exactly? Retention or revenue? As someone who spends a fair bit of time rubbing shoulders with newbs, it feels like almost 100% of novices to join the Shield have shot up to Trans something in the first weeks or month of playing, and I have to assume that's due to the lesson packages. It would be surprising to hear that they weren't selling or weren't helping folks get into the game.
    No measurable effect on either one, though there's no way $10 packages will ever be significant to us revenue-wise at our playerbase size - the only way those would move the needle on revenue is if people who wouldn't otherwise have spent money go on to spend more money after they buy the $10 packages. Also no measurable effect on retention, which isn't to say there is no effect, but that it's small enough that we can't detect it among the 'noise'. 
  • Sarapis said:
    Aerek said:
    Sarapis said:
    No effect on what, exactly? Retention or revenue? As someone who spends a fair bit of time rubbing shoulders with newbs, it feels like almost 100% of novices to join the Shield have shot up to Trans something in the first weeks or month of playing, and I have to assume that's due to the lesson packages. It would be surprising to hear that they weren't selling or weren't helping folks get into the game.
    No measurable effect on either one, though there's no way $10 packages will ever be significant to us revenue-wise at our playerbase size - the only way those would move the needle on revenue is if people who wouldn't otherwise have spent money go on to spend more money after they buy the $10 packages. Also no measurable effect on retention, which isn't to say there is no effect, but that it's small enough that we can't detect it among the 'noise'. 
    Being able to quickly and relatively cheaply swap classes upon returning made me far more inclined to spend a lot more immediately after, and I say that as someone that was fairly cautious about spending a lot initially. If there were more packages for lessons, even if they increased in price exponentially, that would also be a way to get more money out of me. 
  • @Watchman But buying credits and converting to lessons is exactly the same as buying lessons, just with the addition of an extra command...

• Sarapis said:
    @Watchman But buying credits and converting to lessons is exactly the same as buying lessons, just with the addition of an extra command...

@Sarapis Except with one of them I can get gifts for others, pay for an array of other goods and services and the other just helps me learn stuff good. I mean, I get where you're coming from, but like with the credit package above - the amount was low enough, and the value was high enough that I did it near instantly as an impulse purchase rather than carefully considering and having it as a planned purchase.

The introduction of more middle level impulse buys/deals would likely result in an overall increase in sales for me, at least. I have money, I want to spend it, you just have to push me over the edge with smaller offerings that are too good for me to not to take. 

Then again, I might be an outlier. 
  • You may or may not be an outlier, but remember that it takes 5-7 of you who want to buy the 1000 lessons for $10 to make up for one person that might have otherwise bought a normal credit package to get 1000 lessons. 
  • AthelasAthelas Cape Town South Africa
    The lesson packages are what brought me back to playing after 7 years of just not being able to compete with the ZAR-USD exchange rate.

The Iron Elite membership, managed to get me to stay and even got me to the point where I've done planed purchases. With Iron Elite, I can save my cash and take advantage of those rare 40% extra sales.

These discounts are the only reason I'm even remotely able to get artefacts for Athelas.

This 300 credit package thing is a SUPER AWESOME surprise, allowing me to get a few things earlier than I expected, so thanks @Sarapis & @Tecton. I'll be helping myself to some of that :D

But the point of all the above is: If they did not exist, I would not have spent the money I have already spent. I can't drop the $100 per month that some players do, but I can manage it once or twice a year. So I went from being a loss to Achaea, to being able to at least cover a few cups of coffee for the admin crew :)
  • edited September 2015
    Yes, lowering prices like this usually unlocks a new segment, rather than cannibalizing into existing segments, which is why the 30-day limit is necessary.