The Ruins of Morindar

I have spent countless hours exploring this zone and I have enjoyed hunting there. However, I have been unable to figure out a single quest. I have discovered the sarcophagus on the lower level and I noticed the scarab-shaped indentation, but I was not able to unlock it with a scarab or use the scarab in any useful manner. I found the pouch with lions on it as well as the dagger dropped by Ramainen. I have not been able to figure out if the keystones on the upper level server an function or if they are just decorative. I'm wondering if someone can give me some hints to point me in the right direction. Do these items actually have a function or am I just driving myself crazy for no reason? Is it possible to have quest items that do not actually serve any purpose?

Comments

• You're not supposed to ask for quest information like this on the forums - try asking people in game instead.

However, I will say that yes, there is a function to them.
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• I have tried in game and I have not been able to get any help. I have asked various people who I have run into in Morindar as well as others. I guess I'll just keep trying.
  • KasyaKasya Tennessee
    Try honoursf with people, and find the ones who have Morindar listed under the honours quest. They may or may not be willing to give a hint, but you'll have better luck if you're asking people who have completed it.

As opposed to myself, who just went up to Morindar to get closer to dragon. ;)
  • I'm pretty sure the honours quest there isn't an honours quest anymore though - if I remember right, it was considered too easy for an honours quest, so they stopped giving out a line for it.

If that's true, there are likely to be a lot of people who don't have it on their honours, but do know more about it.
  • I suppose checking honors can't hurt, but the honors line is for defeating Lavarin, Shah of Morindar which as far as I understand is independent of the quests. I suppose people who have defeated her may have also explored the quests, so it is worth a shot.
  • Bonji said:
    I suppose checking honors can't hurt, but the honors line is for defeating Lavarin, Shah of Morindar which as far as I understand is independent of the quests. I suppose people who have defeated her may have also explored the quests, so it is worth a shot.
    That's the one that I was told was removed.

Was I misinformed somehow? I was pretty sure an admin confirmed it was removed...
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    The line is for defeating her after doing the quest, I believe.

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• Tael said:
    Bonji said:
    I suppose checking honors can't hurt, but the honors line is for defeating Lavarin, Shah of Morindar which as far as I understand is independent of the quests. I suppose people who have defeated her may have also explored the quests, so it is worth a shot.

Was I misinformed somehow? I was pretty sure an admin confirmed it was removed...
    The only thing I remember admin saying about it was someone (Phaestus, maybe? ) commenting that they didn't see how anyone could figure it out in its current state, or something along those lines.

@Bonji, the line is for killing Lavarin, but it's not just walking in and killing her. You have to do a quest that results in her becoming much more powerful, and then kill her.
  • Eld said:
    Tael said: nevermind
    Bonji said:

The only thing I remember admin saying about it was someone (Phaestus, maybe? ) commenting that they didn't see how anyone could figure it out in its current state, or something along those lines.

@Bonji, the line is for killing Lavarin, but it's not just walking in and killing her. You have to do a quest that results in her becoming much more powerful, and then kill her.
    Actually, all I can find now is this discussion: http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/comment/37472/#Comment_37472

So looks like it was at least possible a couple years ago. 
  • TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!
    it's still possible. Some stages might just be significantly harder now with the battlerage increase in denizen health.
    Especially Lavarin herself, for who some (if not most) people needed a magi following them (pre-reflection nerf) to reflect-soak all her attacks
    Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

• This was a fun quest to complete, but like a lot of achaean quests the method isn't that obvious to most and does require some guessing, experimentation and such. Ask around ICly for hints, there are plenty of people who have done it who might set you on the right path.
  • TarausTaraus The Gypsy Wind
    just bring the ferryman the laurels he's asking for, np

• KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    Who cares about Morindar. The Minos line is where it's at!
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    Krypton said:
    Minos line is pathetically easy by comparison, though. Not that I don't love it, and Minos, to bits.

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    Shirszae said:
    Krypton said:
    Minos line is pathetically easy by comparison, though. Not that I don't love it, and Minos, to bits.
    This is true. But that it might be even rarer than Istarion and Caer Witrin now, strikes me as so humorous.
  • Morindar was broken for years in the 2009-2012 timeframe. I spent a lot of hours up there testing stuff and putting in as many bugs as I could with as many details as I could to get past the "We can't discuss quest details, etc" responses, because things were obviously busted.

After a small eternity of this, it was fixed and currently works. Some of the syntaxes are a little unintuitive, but once you figure out the start it's probably the most straightforward honours quest there is.
    Cascades of quicksilver light streak across the firmament as the celestial voice of Ourania intones, "Oh Jarrod..."

• LothienLothien Montréal, Québec
    Minos is no longer doable?
  • There are two quests on Minos, both are possible.
    Cascades of quicksilver light streak across the firmament as the celestial voice of Ourania intones, "Oh Jarrod..."

• Jarrod said:
    I spent a lot of hours up there testing stuff and putting in as many bugs as I could with as many details as I could to get past the "We can't discuss quest details, etc" responses
    You're a goddamned hero.
  • When the quest denizen that very very obviously handles the next step in the quest despawns when you do the prior step and doesn't generate in his new location, it's annoying to deal with "We can't tell you about quest info" when trying to get it fixed :(

• Jarrod said:
    When the quest denizen that very very obviously handles the next step in the quest despawns when you do the prior step and doesn't generate in his new location, it's annoying to deal with "We can't tell you about quest info" when trying to get it fixed :(
    I'm fairly sure I know the one you mean. If I'm thinking of the right one, I got stuck on that last week (vanished from his spot because he despawned as per the quest, but didn't seem to pop up again).
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• There is one denizen that disappears during a stage in the quest, and reappears after you complete the next step.

• Jarrod said:
    There are two quests on Minos, both are possible.
    Though only one has an honours line, unless its a weird case where if you get one line you can't get the other (as opposed to just overriding each other).
  • KayeilKayeil Washington State
    Eld said:
    Jarrod said:
    Though only one has an honours line, unless its a weird case where if you get one line you can't get the other (as opposed to just overriding each other).
    There are actually two different lines.
    What doesn't kill you gives you exp.

• Kayeil said:
    Eld said:
    Jarrod said:
    Weird. Usually for situations like that if you do both quests, the second line will replace the first, instead of the first one you did being permanent. Maybe just bugged, I suppose.
  • Kayeil said:
    Eld said:
    Jarrod said:
    There are? I know there's the "restoring the monarchy" line, but I haven't seen the other. I do know that the opposing quest that resets things doesn't give a line, because I've done it and didn't get one (and I don't have the restoring the monarchy line either).
  • Naverre said:
    Kayeil said:
    Eld said:
    Jarrod said:
    There are? I know there's the "restoring the monarchy" line, but I haven't seen the other. I do know that the opposing quest that resets things doesn't give a line, because I've done it and didn't get one (and I don't have the restoring the monarchy line either).
    Yeah, that was my impression, as well. Thought it was a little weird that the other one didn't have a line, but just chalked it up to that one being way easier.
  • KayeilKayeil Washington State
    She restored the monarchy of Minos, ending the tyranny of the Mad Mage.
    He was first to complete Arsentar's vile ritual, restoring the Mad Mage to power.

The second line is Lothiac's. Seragorn says Lothiac is the only one who has it because it's still bugged, but yeah there is that 2nd line.
    What doesn't kill you gives you exp.

• Hmm, it says "He was the first", so it may just be that since he was the first person to do it, he's the only one who'd get it. It's been around for a while for a bug to not have been fixed by now.