Welcome to the Achaea Forums! Please be sure to read the Forum Rules.

Curative plant overharvesting issues

2»

Comments

• SherazadSherazad Planef UrthPosts: 951Member @ - Epic Achaean
    edited December 2012
    I think it's easier these days with alchemists around? How odd. I asked another forestal friend who doesn't have a full rift, she still gets a good number of plants around these times (time of post) on main plane. 
    Trying to write about games, series, movies at Geeksauce Rocks! On hiatus D:
    내가 제일 잘 나가!!!111!!1

• WysteriaWysteria Posts: 1,826Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    It's better than what it used to be. The fact you could kill a plant last time and get Oakstone enemied was ridiculous in my books. I wasn't even around when those rules and mechanics existed, but when I researched into it, be glad of what we have now. It was seriously insane how sensitive those plants were. Also, if you see a plant missing in a room, please replant it for me so I don't have to log it myself :D Also if you replant something, just wait a bit and you can harvest that too. I remember replanting Xhaiden Dale's 10+/- rooms with just two cuttings of each plant.
    "Faded away like the stars in the morning,
     Losing their light in the glorious sun,
     Thus would we pass from this earth and its toiling,
     Only remembered for what we have done."

ExelethrilOceanaIdelisaSherazad
  • IdelisaIdelisa Posts: 385Member ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    @Daeir - Ok, I hate to admit this but I had the same problems when I was trying to harvest... until I started patrolling.  Ahem, start patrolling, and I swear that's not me posting propaganda as a zone leader.  <.<

There are tons of places that people don't really think of harvesting, at all.  The grotto under the Aalen, the mountains of New Hope, Pash, Kasmarkin and the swamp outside of it, Lake Voldemort (that's what it makes me think of, sue me)

Not to mention if you take a trip up north, talk about harvesting heaven.  

You can get a list of the patrol zones from the city help scrolls (F$%# I MEAN HELP FILES).   Payment for this information can be sent in messages prefixed with PATROLR: 
    Wysteria
  • DaeirDaeir AustraliaPosts: 6,276Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    I've found a few more places and after a couple of friends graciously loaned me their gloves of harvesting for a couple of hours, I'm now half full.

Harvesting without gloves is almost a pointless effort, honestly. At least on the overworld. Popular consensus disagrees, but four runs later and a total of 5 hours+ of extra exploration, I'm still harvesting 1-2 without gloves if I'm lucky, and up to 6 or so with them. The latter I don't mind so much since my wonderful friends freely loan out their gloves most of the time, but it is still perturbing to harvest so little for so long. I'm beginning to think there is about three people in this thread so far who actually regularly harvest, all of which whom have given helpful, constructive input. It's a shame the rest devolved into LOL OAKSTONE so quickly. Ah well.
    @Idelisa: That's my girl :3 Doing the propaganda for your fellow Zone Leader!

I harvest at every login for the other plants I keep getting low on like the jungle ones (yay Istarion), and I'm pretty sure quite a few of the patrollers (ie the clhelp walkers crew) are the same.

But yeah, seriously spend some time roaming all over the continents and finding the good spots for yourself, you cross them by chance usually. That was how I ended up finding a few new quests to complete, hidden areas and bumping up my explorers ranking pretty high by the time Wyst was 40yo :)

ExelethrilSherazadIdelisa
  • SherazadSherazad Planef UrthPosts: 951Member @ - Epic Achaean
    Daeir said:
    I've found a few more places and after a couple of friends graciously loaned me their gloves of harvesting for a couple of hours, I'm now half full.

Harvesting without gloves is almost a pointless effort, honestly. At least on the overworld. Popular consensus disagrees, but four runs later and a total of 5 hours+ of extra exploration, I'm still harvesting 1-2 without gloves if I'm lucky, and up to 6 or so with them. The latter I don't mind so much since my wonderful friends freely loan out their gloves most of the time, but it is still perturbing to harvest so little for so long. I'm beginning to think there is about three people in this thread so far who actually regularly harvest, all of which whom have given helpful, constructive input. It's a shame the rest devolved into LOL OAKSTONE so quickly. Ah well.
    That's because it already happened in the past and from the amount of disagrees, well, they have reason to believe it wouldn't work. 

I would give you the herbs I harvested but I'm a selfish person. :3
    Trying to write about games, series, movies at Geeksauce Rocks! On hiatus D:
    내가 제일 잘 나가!!!111!!1

Judging by the reaction, is the bulk of the dissent regarding my idea a result of me suggesting that Oakstone have more to do with things, or is it the actual idea?

I've never really interacted with Oakstone at all, and thus know pretty much nothing about them other than they're a Citadel of the Light for forestals kinda thing.
  • DelphinusDelphinus Posts: 896Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    edited December 2012
    It's the actual idea. Look, just walk around with the numpad and spam "harvest <plant>", and as long as you cover a wide range, I'm sure you'll find plenty. If you aren't finding stuff, you really are not looking hard enough. The reason you're seeing non-Eleusian names on there is because they probably joined the class to harvest, so they're naturally going to harvest more; it has nothing to do with some kind of Eleusian qualm.

(It's also the Oakstone thing. There's a reason why overharvesting is a concept of the past. Giving players more clerical work is all kinds of crapful, and forest-enemying for hitting a macro too many times is likewise crapful.)
    There's enough clerical work right now with just replanting. Don't get me started on people who keep sending me single messages for area patrols. Seriously, people, batch them into one message if the date's the same.

Either way, It's a mix of both. Oakstone is one problem, but harvesting not yielding much is another.

ExelethrilIdelisa
    I may be able to help automate that a little bit. How does one get involved in Oakstone anyhow? I'm sitting here in relative uselessness as a rogue forestal with little to do except hunt and harvest.
  • IdelisaIdelisa Posts: 385Member ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    @Daeir - by selling your soul.
    VasoolOceana
  • NakariNakari Posts: 596Member ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    Wysteria said:
    There's enough clerical work right now with just replanting. Don't get me started on people who keep sending me single messages for area patrols. Seriously, people, batch them into one message if the date's the same.

Either way, It's a mix of both. Oakstone is one problem, but harvesting not yielding much is another.
    I'm feeling almost tempted to start sending messages when plants are missing now. It's so much easier to just replant though. I suppose I'm pretty much the only Mhaldorian left who actually grows the plants : |

• OceanaOceana Posts: 877Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Harvesting with gloves does not only yield more, but is also faster. The gloves are the first artefact I bought, and I haven't regretted it a single moment. There are a lot of gloves in the forestal community, just ask to borrow and you should be able to find them.
  • DelphinusDelphinus Posts: 896Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    @Daeir: I don't recommend Oakstone, as the org has little purpose beyond alerts and clerical busywork. There's always Eleusis!
  • OceanaOceana Posts: 877Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    @Daeir: or join one of the forestal houses. There is also the Patrol Clan (CLHELP PATROL) if you are interested in patrolling (combines well with hunting and harvesting).
    yeah just join the Walking With Nature clan. People took ages to realise I wasn't in Oakstone until someone pointed out wondering why I couldn't sense exterms like everyone else. Took em 1rl year to notice...

Exelethril
2»
This discussion has been closed.