Bloodlet went from useless to even more useless?

Spiritlore
----------
* BLOODLET will now deliver bleeding effects over time, rather than all at once. Ginseng-based afflictions will increase the duration of the effect.

Bleeding is already delivered over time, how does this help Bloodlet in any way at all. Maybe it was a bug when just testing it now but it seemed to not being doing much of anything different. Bleeding still went down and seemed to be using up the afflictions, it lasted like 4 seconds and did very little to no damage. Sooooo, what is going on @Tecton with this change I just really need to know since it seems waaaaay more useless then it already was.

Comments

• Newp. Although I really would have preferred to see them allow it to be combined with curses, I can see why they chose not to.
  • No, it's actually quite a bit more powerful and useful now.

To be blunt, I don't know why you bitch about every Shaman change. You're a self admitted non-1v1 PKer who has said you don't understand combat at a decent level.

• I do not bitch about every shaman change. I asked about it since when I was testing it, it did not do anything like what it is describing it is doing.

Now for me to be blunt go back to your rock before I break my probation. 
  • I think the change is pretty good, made bloodlet a lot more powerful and versatile. 

Did some tests:
    Bloodletting 1 ginseng aff - no tick. 
    Bloodletting 2 ginseng affs - 1 tick. 
    Bloodletting 3 ginseng affs - 2 ticks. 
    Bloodletting 4 ginseng affs - 3 ticks. 

First tick happens 1s after bloodletting. 
    Following ticks happen after 2s from each tick. 

Here's how bleed stacks up bloodletting 3 affs with teraile on the curses, not clotting:

0    haem - bleed 60
    1    addic - bleed 100
    2    vomit - bleed 140
    3    invoke bloodlet - bleed 250
    4    tick - 430
    4.8 on balance 
    6    tick - 600

Total bleed bloodletting 3 ginseng is 600. Pretty neat if you ask me, while not entirely over-potent if not used correctly. 

Opens up for sticking hemophilia again after bloodletting to preserve bleeding into more stacks or allow coagulation. 

Correct setup should drain mana more effectively than before. Also making cursing more viable to prep doll now, instead of resorting to straight fashioning. 

Though I am still experimenting with it. Any ideas?
  • Relapse haemophilia
  • Hmmm, well I'll have to try it in groups and see how it goes. It does seem like it is geared more toward dueling though, but can probably still be useful.
  • The only thing useless about bloodlet is that all Shaman momentum that's not an attempt at lock is more or less useless due to shield countering an entire skillset with Shamans having no counter without giving up all momentum.
  • Amranu said:
    The only thing useless about bloodlet is that all Shaman momentum that's not an attempt at lock is more or less useless due to shield countering an entire skillset with Shamans having no counter without giving up all momentum.
    I'm not sure I'm understanding what you mean, shaman curse through shield and I have never actually tried to lock anyone. I guess I could try but I just don't have the motivation to script it out. I have also never had a problem with shield countering Vodun either. In fact my current mindset is that trying to lock is something that can only be done with a great amount of scripting experiernce for shaman simply because of changes done to Curseward and some classes abilities not to mention anyone with the knowledge that Stupidity and Clumsiness can and will hinder cursing speeds.
  • Shield > invoke *
  • Amranu said:
    Shield > invoke *
    Choke the shit out of them, that will make them drop their shield :P 
  • I must have tested this before some kind of change was made because those aren't the returns I was seeing at all. Back to testing, I guess! Thanks for the breakdown @Dochitha
  • Amount of bleeding per ginseng affliction hasn't changed, but instead of all coming at once it is 200 bleed upfront + 200 bleed per proc, with 1 proc added per ginseng afflict over 1.