The Music Thread

Comments

• edited August 2012
    See below.
  • edited August 2012
    Okay, let's avoid embedded videos on next page. Here's a Grooveshark example. To embed it, click on "Share" on Grooveshark, pick "embed" and copy the code to clipboard. On this site, click on the show source icon and paste the code. The Queen's Rebuke / The Crossing by The Decemberists on Grooveshark
  • edited August 2012
  • Not doing any linky-things, embeds of any kind, etc.

Some artists/bands I like:

Loreena McKennitt, Nightwish (with Tarja), Groove Coverage, Daft Punk, De/ Vision, 69 Eyes, Magnetic Fields, Frezepop, and, thanks mostly to very old memories, Crystal Gayle.

though honestly, I like a LOT of music. My sister likes to say I've got a song for everything. Not quite true, but whatever. i DO have a habit of breaking into song, even if just one line, as part of a conversation, and usually going for comic effect.

May edit this post in the future to keep it updated, rather than spam the thread. Not aiming this at anyone, just putting an idea out there.
    Miin-aan baash kimini-sij-i-gan bitooyin sij-i-gan-i bukwayszhiigan = blueberry π
  • edited August 2012
    Any other country music fans?

This Is Country Music by Brad Paisley on Grooveshark
  • AmunetAmunet Spokane, Washington, USA
    I grew up with country-loving parents, and thus, was instilled with a healthy respect for country produced in the 1950s through 1970s, especially rockabilly and outlaw. Back in high school, I even learned how to play "The Devil Went Down to Georgia". Kind of. We found out that I'm a much better classical violinist than I am a fiddler ;). Save hellbilly/gothabilly, though, I can't stand modern country. I'd rather walk into traffic than listen to the radio in my mother's car!

I like post-punk, goth/darkwave, glam, industrial, dark cabaret, 70's and 80's metal, black metal, death metal, speed metal, symphonic metal, gothic metal, doom metal, sludge metal, progressive metal, classical (my list of favourite composers is loooooooong), klezmer, any sort of European or middle-eastern folk music, and gypsy-punk. My favourite artist of all time, as I've mentioned thousands of times before, is Jason Webley.

I won't bore anyone with links, this time around, but maybe I'll pitch in if I'm lolling about YouTube later.
    My avatar is an image created by this very talented gentleman, of whose work I am extremely jealous. It was not originally a picture of Amunet, but it certainly looks a great deal like how I envision her!
  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    Single by Lil Wayne on Grooveshark

...@Kresslack, I am ashamed to announce that I do, in fact, know all of the words to a song featuring Lil Wayne. My friend Erika has made this our official party song:

Make It Rain (Remix) Ft. Fat Joe, R.Kelly, T.I., And Rick Ross by Lil Wayne on Grooveshark
    My avatar is an image created by this very talented gentleman, of whose work I am extremely jealous. It was not originally a picture of Amunet, but it certainly looks a great deal like how I envision her!
  • edited August 2012

edit: cool, you can embed albums. album worth listening to. Nujabes worth listening to. some of the best music to have rolling when doing work, like studying/writing etc.

• Any house/dubstep fans? This is from a massive two day raver that was held on Soldier Field in Chicago. Skrillex was headling, Afrojack, Moby was mindblowing, as was Flux Pavillion. It was a truly insane weekend.
    Amunet said:
    ...@Kresslack, I am ashamed to announce that I do, in fact, know all of the words to a song featuring Lil Wayne. My friend Erika has made this our official party song:

Make It Rain (Remix) Ft. Fat Joe, R.Kelly, T.I., And Rick Ross by Lil Wayne on Grooveshark

Heh, I don't know why, but I just pictured you in a strip club with a garbage bag full of money, reaching in and grabbing handfuls of bills and throwing them in the air. I like some of Lil Wayne's stuff.

Ich und mein Viertel by Woroc & Colos on Grooveshark

• I saw a few mentions of Lil Wayne. For those not so much into the rap scene, there straight up is no better rhymer than Wayne. The guy's vocabulary is pretty expansive. One of my favorite verses, from "Six Foot, Seven Foot".

"Young Money, Cash Money
    Paper chasing, tell that paper, "Look, I'm right behind ya"Bitch, real G's move in silence like lasagnaPeople say I'm borderline crazy, sorta kindaWoman of my dreams, I don't sleep so I can't find her"
    And my all time favorite Wayne song;
  • Vigo, please read the second post on this page.
  • Gotcha. Sorry about that.
  • @Amunet: here's a fiddle solo for you!

Golem - Warsaw Is Khelm by Golem on Grooveshark
    Is that an accordion I hear, too? Perfect!
  • edited September 2012

Easily one of my favourite songs, and I generally listen to any and everything. Lots of different genres of music appeal to me though I tend to get hooked on specific songs over specific genres, like this one.  Butterfly by Rajaton on Grooveshark
    edited September 2012
    Vendetta - Bushido

• Been listening to Tall Like Tyrion asoiaf songs non-stop for the last couple days. 

Party right, party hard,

Sing and dance, perfect bard.

Prefarar loop, accentato whore,

Buy a new rapier, get nerfed some more.

Ich und mein Viertel by Woroc & Colos on Grooveshark

Snuff by Slipknot on Grooveshark

• November Rain by Guns N' Roses on Grooveshark

• Voltaire.  How many times do I have to say it.  His voice is just sex.

• edited September 2012

Bitch Came Back by Theory of a Deadman on Grooveshark

Military Fashion Show by And One on Grooveshark

• I'm feeling a bit better too, and will dedicate a Song to the City where I was living at the age of 18: