Minipet Customisation Requests

Hello!

A long time ago I got told I could issue myself and ask for minipets not to drop on death/qq, like how the grey cockatiels remain in inventory. I did this, and the admin happily obliged. And then all of a sudden a few days ago they got set to drop on death/qq again. I wasn't sure why, so I issued myself/bugged it. Anytus said it was intentional, and the bug got assigned to low priority. While I agree this isn't nearly as important as fixing mines, working on multiclass, and nerfing Priests, I was hoping we could get a customisation option.

It would be nice to have an option to customise a minipet to not drop on death/qq, maybe 25 credits or something? I don't know how difficult it would be to code that into the current customisation system, but I imagine other people would happily pay to not have their beloved minipets squished on death, or drop a literal zoo on logout. This way people don't issue themselves asking, and minipets aren't religiously killed. Also, it's another thing for people to spend credits on. 

I thought about filing an idea for this but I was curious how many people would even be interested in this, so here we are. Am I the only one that doesn't want their minipets to drop on death/qq?

i'm a rebel

Comments

• I'd definitely consider it but wouldn't pay more than 25cr for it. I have the three ship trade birds, which don't drop, and an owl and a calf, which do. It would be a nice option to have, it's not a huge priority for me but I'd probably do it eventually if the price were reasonable.
  • It should be free. Removing the ridiculous amount of mini pets left out around cities and common areas would be a public service. Please put this in...!

• I've never understood why your pets spill forth from you on death anyway. It's spammy and it's obnoxious for all involved.

• edited July 2015
    @Tecton , @Sarapis , @Tesha : I think in addition to limited customization, the best thing for minipets would be the option to alter them via full customization later on. Let each minipet carry a certain worth which credits towards conversion to full artefact pet. For example, I have a 1 crown swallow from ages ago, it's so limited I do almost nothing with it. If I wanted to upgrade it to full artefact pet that loosely resembles the 1 crown swallow -- why not?

That way, if you get attached to your Jaruvian retriever, you can have it become something more later. A lot of people have issues with the limited nature of minipets, and this would let people get minipets with less regrets later on than perhaps they would have had. And if these minipets have a built-in worth of like 125cr that gets deducted from the full-artie-pet customization cost, that becomes a tiered thing like artie weapons, which seem to have been very successful with the concept.