Let the "figurine" battle begin!!

I have two ideas that I would like to pitch..

The first,
How about a figurine combat rating and ranking system?
Much like current systems for players.

Secondly,
It would be nice to see the figurines wins AND LOSES if we probe em.

Comments

• I demand a figurine of Tanris so I can always win

But I would completely love a figurine rating system, as well as a figurinewho (similar to sparwho and rpwho)
    You know, that one thing at that one place, with that one person.

Yea, that one!
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Gamden said:

The first,
    How about a figurine combat rating and ranking system?
    Much like current systems for players.

This doesn't particularly make sense, as there's not actually anything you can do to influence the fights. It's 100% chance. Then again, we have those already.

Looking at you fishing ranks. Looking at you.
    Huh. Neat.
  • TectonTecton The Garden of the Gods
    Definitely interested in expanding the figurine system to add a lot more functionality! I was just a little hesitant to make a really in-depth system without gauging if people would like it first.
  • Poooookemon battles commence!
  • JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    I would look into getting figurines if it was still RNG heavy but we could do some things to help reduce the chances of losing/counter those skills, etc.
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    If figurines were the Nishnatoba game in the Siorraidh, @Tecton, then yes. Yes yes yes. 100 times yes. But until they're anything but random chance, meh.
    Huh. Neat.
  • TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!
    edited July 2015
    Could treat them like pokemon!

PAZUZU, GO!
    PAZUZU, USE REND!

basically a choice of 3 abilities with unique flavour messages per figurine that act like rock paper scissors!
    figurine battles composed of 4 rounds regardless of how often your choice 'loses' or 'wins' or even 'draws'

-though, this is probably very difficult to code in an already released object
    Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

• They would lose all flavor to me if they became a watered down Pokémon spin off.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • I don't know anything about Pokemon but Tecton's post totally made my day. Yes please more figurine things.
  • AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    Add a BATTLE CHALLENGE FIGURINE FOR XXX GOLD option.  Starting my underground illegal figurine fighting pit in Targossas.
  • SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    Can we get system messages for when figurines are ready for battling too?

• How about customized announcements when going into a battle..I say the following

Coming in as the underdog,but crowd favorite . 0 Wins and 1 Loss under the belt, it is...Yeeeennnnnn-SSSSSssssssooorrteeee

Slumping in as the underdog,but crowd favorite . 0 Wins and 1 Loss under the belt, it is...Han (CAuse he CAN) Tooooollllneeetthhh

Coming in as the average joe,looking for redemption,1 Win and 1 Loss under the belt, it is...Pazuzuzuzuzuzu!!!

• May be an old thread but what i'm after is figurine caches. It's hard to get older collection figurines cause they're all held by sleeping people who dont wake up. It'd get me to buy credits anyway
  • Selto said:
    May be an old thread but what i'm after is figurine caches. It's hard to get older collection figurines cause they're all held by sleeping people who dont wake up. It'd get me to buy credits anyway

Yes, this is a pain in the backside