Battlerage

1151617181921»

Comments

• Aktillum said:
    Sarapis said:
    @Alaskar Finally, someone discovers what true gleam addiction does for you. You take enough gleam, your BR generation goes to the moon.
    Could this become a real thing please :( I've been dying for gleam to have a utility since it was introduced.
    Enough gleam gives you +1 dex, I thought.

• Alaskar said:

Testing on a sirrocian orc, squeeze did 16%, and with sensitivity it did a pleasant 20% so I suppose they do affect battlerage abilities, but the afflictions obviously don't work on golems, which seems to make sense, now that I think about it
    That sounds about right. So ya, most efficient magi rage use is the scenario above.
    [2:41:24 AM] Kenway: I bet you smell like evergreen trees and you could wrestle boreal mammals but they'd rather just cuddle you
  • AktillumAktillum Philippines
    Trey said:
    Aktillum said:
    Sarapis said:
    @Alaskar Finally, someone discovers what true gleam addiction does for you. You take enough gleam, your BR generation goes to the moon.
    Could this become a real thing please :( I've been dying for gleam to have a utility since it was introduced.
    So goes the urban legend. I've overdosed on gleam before and never noticed a +1 Dex boost though. Will investigate.

• It comes from prolonged use, not OD'ing.

• KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Is this supposed to happen?

[aff] Added entangled
    A bare-chested sailor tosses a large, loosely woven net into the air with swift precision. A moment 
    later you find yourself entangled in the ropes.
    7888h|99%, 7932m|100%, 97%e, 99%w ex|cdbk[bld(62) rop]- 75% 14:02:11.094
    [Curing]: WRITHE
    You begin to struggle free of your entanglement.
    7888h|99%, 7932m|100%, 97%e, 99%w e|cdbk[bld(62) rop]- 75% 14:02:11.118
    You barrel into a bare-chested sailor and knock him to the ground before stomping over his prone form. - CRITICAL
    7888h|99%, 7932m|100%, 97%e, 99%w e|cdbk[bld(62) rop]- 51% 14:02:11.311
    7888h|99%, 7932m|100%, 97%e, 99%w e|cdbk[bld(62) rop]- 51% 14:02:11.625
    7888h|99%, 7932m|100%, 97%e, 99%w e|cdbk[bld(62) rop]- 51% 14:02:11.644
    You have recovered balance on all limbs.
              <><><><><><><><><   BALANCE   ><><><><><><><//====o
     (0.942s)
    7888h|99%, 7922m|99%, 97%e, 99%w ex|cdbk[bld(62) rop]- 51% 14:02:12.060(-10m, 0.1%) 
    You twist and turn as you attempt to escape from your entanglement.
    7888h|99%, 7922m|99%, 97%e, 99%w ex|cdbk[bld(62) rop]- 51% 14:02:13.052
    [aff] Cured entangled
    You have writhed free of your entanglement by ropes. (2.836s)

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • TectonTecton The Garden of the Gods
    Daeir said:
    @Tecton - were any changes made to xp total over the past 24 hours? It suddenly feels extremely slow, slower than pre-battlerage bashing even.
    None!
  • edited June 2015
    Trey said:
    Aktillum said:
    Sarapis said:
    Not to derail this or anything, but +1 dex is pretty meagre. For most people, it's almost certainly not worth it.

I've always wished there were a bigger incentive to use gleam - the tension between the short-term benefits of doing drugs and the potential for harm is not super interesting without more serious short-term benefits. Rather than an interesting tension, it's mostly just an RP thing whenever anyone decides to do it for a brief while.

The problem has always been that the short term benefits obviously can't be euphoria like make real-life drugs (since players presumably don't care about text-euphoria) and any substantive combat implications could get ugly - you don't want people to feel obligated to do gleam to compete or for gleam to become another basic upkeep cost for combatants.

But having it affect rage generation wouldn't have that problem, and sort of fits the notion of the crazy stimulant gleam is supposed to be.

I really hope they'll consider putting this in. What a cool idea.
  • @Sarapis

You, Sir, are evil.
  • I've got 40 packets to throw down on this

• AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Trey said:
    I've got 40 packets to throw down on this
    I'd be happy to be a test subject :fearful: 

Huh. Neat.
  • AodfionnAodfionn Seattle, WA
    Uh, lolno to adding non-rp benefits for gleam. 

Maybe if you add a crippling loss to bloodrage over use., but even then, no thanks. 

If by chance this idea does become a thing, please also consider adding an alternative that Team Good can use. 
    Aurora says, "Are you drunk, Aodfionn?"
  • Trey said:
    I've got 40 packets to throw down on this

• Aodfionn said:
    Uh, lolno to adding non-rp benefits for gleam. 

Maybe if you add a crippling loss to bloodrage over use., but even then, no thanks. 

If by chance this idea does become a thing, please also consider adding an alternative that Team Good can use. 
    Take into consideration the HORRIBLY DEBILITATING side effects of gleam addiction and you guys probably don't want it.

• Does anyone else feel like fights take a bit longer now? I went to Great Rock today and it felt like I took about twice as long as I used to to fight the acolytes.
    tyvm 2 bill gates & the gamecube paint 4 my profile pic
  • TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!
    Does anyone else feel like fights take a bit longer now? I went to Great Rock today and it felt like I took about twice as long as I used to to fight the acolytes.
    they do take a bit longer, which I guess is part of the intention. Your exp/hour should be roughly the same as (if not better then) before, gold/hour seems to still be undergoing some balancing. 
    Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

• edited June 2015
    So Recklessness feels pretty useless now. Recklessness stops shield for 9 seconds at a cost of 18 Rage (at least for Shaman, I assume it's the same for others). The new shield breaks cost 17 Rage to remove a shield for 10 seconds. 18 rage for 9 seconds vs. 17 rage for 10 seconds seems like kind of a no-brainer.

Also, I just tested Korkma on a Sirrocian orc and it looks like Fear still isn't doing anything at all.

Kind of disappointed that neither of the shaman afflictions seem to be useful at all right now.
  • TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!
    The battlerage afflictions are probably not designed around solo hunting useage
    Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

• Tael said:
    So Recklessness feels pretty useless now. Recklessness stops shield for 9 seconds at a cost of 18 Rage (at least for Shaman, I assume it's the same for others). The new shield breaks cost 17 Rage to remove a shield for 10 seconds. 18 rage for 9 seconds vs. 17 rage for 10 seconds seems like kind of a no-brainer.

Also, I just tested Korkma on a Sirrocian orc and it looks like Fear still isn't doing anything at all.

Kind of disappointed that neither of the shaman afflictions seem to be useful at all right now.
    Fair point. Will be looked at.
  • edited June 2015
    Tharvis said:
    Being in a group doesn't change either of these issues.

It's still better to use a shieldbreak than Recklesness. 17 < 18 and 9 < 10 whether you're alone or in a group. Fear still does seemingly nothing at all.

They can be consumed to power big attacks, but every other affliction actually does something useful too.
    Tael said:
    Tharvis said:
    Being in a group doesn't change either of these issues.

It's still better to use a shieldbreak than Recklesness. 17 < 18 and 9 < 10 whether you're alone or in a group. Fear still does seemingly nothing at all.

They can be consumed to power big attacks, but every other affliction actually does something useful too.
    Adding to the point, I can't tell you how many times since this change has gone in that BOTH of the bard affs have saved mah life.
    Huh. Neat.
    Is anyone else having to reCONFIG RAGEMSG all their settings on every login? Smells like a bug to me, but could be intentional? Or something on my end.
    Huh. Neat.
  • @Ahmet it's being looked into.
    Lorielan said:
    @Ahmet it's being looked into.
    Yay!
    Huh. Neat.
  • @Ahmet why do you always have to break the game?
    Airtreia said:
    @Ahmet why do you always have to break the game?
    Dunno. I ask myself that same question all the time.
    Huh. Neat.
  • Aodfionn said:
    Question. 

Priests and paladins: why is it that for classes that are tied to one another via bloodsworn, the priest afflictions have no overlap benefit with paladin battlerage abilities? One would think that priests and paladins would have -something- to reflect the traditional synergy between devotionists. 
    Purely something that was overlooked, that's all. We focused on making sure the important combos would be available to all factions but didn't drill down to that level. Battlerage involved a lot of fiddly spreadsheets with a lot of data on them and we just flat-out forgot to think about that. Probably worth rectifying at some point, but honestly, also not a priority. As with all ideas, I'd suggest idea'ing it.