Are Notic Amulets supposed to vanish after one use?

edited July 2015 in General Questions
* Notic Amulet: This amulet fits onto a figurehead, and can be turned once per Achaean Month (RL Day) to petition the Caspeid for a blessing. Syntax: ATTACH <amulet> TO <figurehead>, TURN AMULET.

The above text, taken from the Announce News #4332, describes the amulet as being usable once per real life day. The amulet shows 30 months of usefulness when probed, and does not immediately vanish after the first usage. Subsequent attempts to turn the amulet produce a message to the effect of "you cannot turn the amulet again so soon". Yet, when I logged on this evening, my amulet was gone. Nobody else has been on my ship. I'm not the only person this has happened to either. Others mentioned theirs vanished after the first time they used it and thought it was a bug, and I gotta say, given the messages and the above description, I'm thinking that myself. Can any light be shed on this?

Comments

• AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Other people have had issues with this and it's been bugged, but I have no idea on whether or not they've gotten any response. Maybe ask @Ruth?
    Huh. Neat.
  • RuthRuth Singapore
    No responses were received, which leaves me to believe that it is indeed one use!
    "Mummy, I'm hungry, but there's no one to eat! :C"

• Ruth said:
    No responses were received, which leaves me to believe that it is indeed one use!
    Considering the trade route associated with getting it requires four circumnavigations of the globe while backtracking through some of the hardest chops mazes in the game, that is really quite unfortunate if that is the case.
  • JinsunJinsun TN, USA
    Not really impressed with these new fangled ship trades :/ moar crown trades plz
  • @Tecton can the amulets be made non-decay?

• YAY!!! Thank you @Tecton, I just turned my amulet for the second time and got a cool rain. I don't even know what it does, I'm just so happy it's working :D
  • TectonTecton The Garden of the Gods
    Valkyn said:
    @Tecton can the amulets be made non-decay?
    Nope!
  • Figured as much, but worth asking. :pleased: 

• edited July 2015
    @Tecton Thank you! It is much appreciated. 

I do have two questions. Is there any way to tell what blessing (or curse) is currently in affect on a ship after the initial message, and how long it will last? 
  • TectonTecton The Garden of the Gods
    They all last an hour, off the top of my head, and no way of seeing what's in effect after the initial message at this stage.
  • Good to know! Thanks again!