Hunting Artefacts (Magi)

Hey all. I'm a magi. Looking to take advantage of the latest sale. As far as hunting goes, I already have the following artefacts:

Level 1 Intelligence Sash

Level 2 Constitution

Level 2 Collar

Level 2 Pendant

Level 2 Health sip ring

Level 2 Bracelet

Already have an amulet of the will, and aldar talisman.

Where would my money be best spent next in upgrading my artefacts not just for hunting, but in the long-term combat?

Thanks. I know some artefacts statistically are more worth the money, so wondered if anyone knew.  

Comments

• I second shield of absorption.

Then maybe health regen?
  • Shit, I forgot to add that. I have a SoA already

@Rispok @Jukilian What do you think about upgrading the sash?
  • SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    Personally I'd go with mana regen after the shield.  If you're more parsimonious with your moss/potash usage,  I've found it really helps especially since pve encounters now tend to be more drawn out with higher denizen health.  You won't get as many chances or time to breath and sip mana otherwise. Especially if you're chasing rage. 

Getting perma tatts are also a time saver or even a life saver for things like Tree.

• AktillumAktillum Philippines
    You could upgrade the level 1 sash if you want but I'm going to echo mana regen. Also mana sip and robes if you can spring for them. +1 more int barely adds anything to staffcast dmg.

• Purely for hunting, crit pendants are fantastic, and seem to be even better now denizens have more health. Level 1 is pretty cheap too, if I remember correctly. 
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Just 200 cr for a level 1, absolute bargain.

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • Aktillum said:
    You could upgrade the level 1 sash if you want but I'm going to echo mana regen. Also mana sip and robes if you can spring for them. +1 more int barely adds anything to staffcast dmg.
    Intelligence increases diamondskin armour though.

@Klendathu Have a level 2 pendant already, its on the list I think. Appreciate it though
  • TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!
    upgrade the sash to level 2, then save up for hp/mp regen rings
    Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

• Skye said:
    Getting perma tatts are also a time saver or even a life saver for things like Tree.
    A perm megalith would probably be useful too, with recent changes.

They aren't specific to hunting, but I'd suggest wings or a vibrating stick.  Being able to get around quickly/easily is super helpful when hunting, but also just generally helpful/useful.
  • AustereAustere Tennessee
    My money is on health regen or upgrade collar.  Collar will boost damage more than sash upgrade, and I haven't noticed any increase in tanking from buying a level 1 sash. Since there are diminished returns, my guess is that the tanking increase from level 1 to level 2 sash is even less.  You can borrow my collar to test if you want, or I can send you all the hunting damage information for collar vs int. Up to you 
  • TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!
    Austere said:
    My money is on health regen or upgrade collar.  Collar will boost damage more than sash upgrade, and I haven't noticed any increase in tanking from buying a level 1 sash. Since there are diminished returns, my guess is that the tanking increase from level 1 to level 2 sash is even less.  You can borrow my collar to test if you want, or I can send you all the hunting damage information for collar vs int. Up to you 
    he could also try asking the divine if he can test around with it for an hour
    Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

• AustereAustere Tennessee
    Tharvis said:
    Austere said:
    he could also try asking the divine if he can test around with it for an hour
    I can let him test as long as he wants, and its probably easier for me.  He would have to bug Tecton for the level 2 sash, though. 
  • AktillumAktillum Philippines
    edited June 2015
    Zuko said:
    Aktillum said:

@Klendathu Have a level 2 pendant already, its on the list I think. Appreciate it though
    True but I'm inclined to agree with Austere on diminishing returns. Curious to see test results though.

As Horkval with 16 Int my tanking is just fine, and my staffcast/stormhammer damage is also fine. My stormhammer with 16 Int still does about 25% damage to players, maybe about 19% with mitigations.

I just noticed you don't have health regen. Do this I promise its what you're after, for PvP and hunting:

Lvl 2 health regen > lvl 2 mana sip> lvl 2 mana regen >  robes of magi > sash upgrade

The only way I'd recommend +1 sash upgrade is if you have 15 Int. If you're Grook I would recommend shooting for +3 sash and health regen, then using harmony + flooding + adduction vibes as much as possible when bashing hard stuff, but Horkval with 16 int makes bashing so much easier and the difference in bashing speed is barely even there, though I may be biased because lvl 100 crits.

• edited June 2015
    Aktillum said:
    Zuko said:
    Aktillum said:

True but I'm inclined to agree with Austere on diminishing returns. Curious to see test results though.

As Horkval with 16 Int my tanking is just fine, and my staffcast/stormhammer damage is also fine. My stormhammer with 16 Int still does about 25% damage to players, maybe about 19% with mitigations.

I just noticed you don't have health regen. Do this I promise its what you're after, for PvP and hunting:

Lvl 2 health regen > lvl 2 mana sip> lvl 2 mana regen >  robes of magi > sash upgrade

The only way I'd recommend +1 sash upgrade is if you have 15 Int. If you're Grook I would recommend shooting for +3 sash and health regen, then using harmony + flooding + adduction vibes as much as possible when bashing hard stuff, but Horkval with 16 int makes bashing so much easier and the difference in bashing speed is barely even there, though I may be biased because lvl 100 crits.
    Hmm Health Regen sounds like a good idea for tanking.. Are the others that useful? They dont really increase any damage output or help you tank? @Aktillum Thoughts on upgrading my lvl 2 collar --> level 3 and then getting health regen?

Also Strength: 12  Dexterity: 12  Constitution: 14  Intelligence: 17
  • For bashing:

Level 3 Crit Pendant > Level 2 Health regen > Level 3 Collar > Defensive artefacts (belt/bracelets) > Any sash upgrades

For combat:

Assuming you have artie pipes > Buckawns for raiding > Level 3 Collar > Level 2 Health regen  > Level 1/2 Mana regen > Level 2 Sash > Level 3 sip > Con/Bracelets

Upgrading sash is a really low priority thing. All stats that only offer flat damage upgrades are pretty minor priority. The mana is negligible, and the mana regen is much cheaper and more useful for that.
    Cascades of quicksilver light streak across the firmament as the celestial voice of Ourania intones, "Oh Jarrod..."

• @Zuko : Lasallian Lyre is a great instrument for panic control, especially if you have Boar and health regen. Denizens can't break through it at all. And 500 cr is less than some of these other ones.
  • Silvarien said:
    @Zuko : Lasallian Lyre is a great instrument for panic control, especially if you have Boar and health regen. Denizens can't break through it at all. And 500 cr is less than some of these other ones.
    I see what you did there.