Regarding increased denizen health and critical hits as a Dragon..

You rip into a tentacled polyp with your massive, deadly claws.
You have scored an OBLITERATING CRITICAL hit!
You have recovered balance on all limbs.

You have scored an ANNIHILATINGLY POWERFUL CRITICAL hit!

You have scored a CRUSHING CRITICAL hit!
A tentacled polyp quickly stabs you with his bizarre limbs, leaving a number of deep cuts.
You bleed 98 health.(sip mana)
You take a drink from a black-walnut vial.
Your mind feels stronger and more alert.

You have scored a CRUSHING CRITICAL hit!
You may drink another health or mana elixir or tonic. (4.508s)

..It still has 21% health.

..So, do Strength artefacts scale well with Dragon now, or is it all-around ridiculous? I know it had a ton of health to begin with, but this is kind of silly. :frown: 

Comments

• edited June 2015
    Even before the bashing changes polyps had a lot of health, yeah. I used to do about 7% per gut attack to them then, from memory (maybe 6%). Haven't bashed Grukai since, but if the health increases were done as something like a flat % boost, then the ones with lots of health would jump a lot more because they're working from a better baseline.

Technically speaking, strength arties scale the same as they always have. Critical hit pendants are probably more noticeably worthwhile than before, though, because the more crits you get (and the more big crits), the faster stuff will die.
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• I tend to feel the same way when I consider something and see that my (basic) attacks are doing 2-3%. Then I realize I'm still clearing things in roughly (I never really kept super close track) the same amount of time as before, or slightly longer if I'm being lazy with battlerage, and I just kinda shrug it off.

But yes, if you only made those three attacks, you did x8, x16, x4, so your base damage would be 2.7-3%. That seems in line with other denizens of that strength level for a dragon gut.