All class BattleRage tracker [Mudlet]

Comments

• His code will proc the error if the anitimer variable has already been initialized.
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Couple of quick points, and there will be an update tomorrow to fix issues, plus some more improvements:

I am currently running this alongside Svo on Mudlet 3 on both a tablet running Windows 8.1 and a desktop running Windows Vista with no issues. If it was bugging on my system, I would not have released it. If you are experiencing issues, let me know. As others can attest, I spend one-on-one time trying to fix the issues.

All of the user-configurable variables are namespaced under guibr_vars. If you look closely at the Battlerage config script, you'll see "guibr_vars = {" at the top of the function, opening the table in which the variables are stored. This can be validated this by checking for the variable guibr_vars.fg  To the best of my knowledge, I have not overridden any Mudlet functions, default or otherwise. Most other variables used by the system are namespaced under rageGUI. Yes, I should have namespaced all the functions, but it's not even on its first full release yet!

GuiContainer is something from my own system which does not exist in the main Battlerage GUI. You'll note that if the check for it is successful, it overrides the settings file. This is intentional, so I can set a default that is easy to find, rather than where it sits on my screen. The same applies to defPane. My entire GUI is based on relative positioning so it scales when I change screen size (21" monitor on desktop vs 7" tablet screen)

Where the width is being subtracted from xPos is an error, and will be fixed in the next release, thankyou for notifying me.

The GUI element is all within a single pane, called ragePane. You can verify this using the following command line:
    lua ragePane:flash()

The GUI element is fully compatible with Geyser standards, it will accept a percentage for the x and y positions, provided they are enclosed in quotes. I'll update the comment in the script to make that more clear.

Thank you to everyone who has downloaded, installed, tested, used, cursed, etc this utility, I hope people  find it useful and that it ultimately enhances your Achaea experience.

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • Btw @Jacen, you were missing an "end" in your function. This is what I have and it works for me : https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/42e6a19b

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • Klendathu said:

All of the user-configurable variables are namespaced under guibr_vars. If you look closely at the Battlerage config script, you'll see "guibr_vars = {" at the top of the function, opening the table in which the variables are stored. This can be validated this by checking for the variable guibr_vars.fg  To the best of my knowledge, I have not overridden any Mudlet functions, default or otherwise. Most other variables used by the system are namespaced under rageGUI. Yes, I should have namespaced all the functions, but it's not even on its first full release yet!

I suspect it could be because, when the script is initially run, you pass a nil value to the table.load function if it detects a settings file. Adding guibr_vars = guibr_vars or {} to the top of the load_guibr_vars() function seems to fix it.

Where the width is being subtracted from xPos is an error, and will be fixed in the next release, thankyou for notifying me.

The GUI element is all within a single pane, called ragePane. You can verify this using the following command line:
    lua ragePane:flash()

The GUI element is fully compatible with Geyser standards, it will accept a percentage for the x and y positions, provided they are enclosed in quotes. I'll update the comment in the script to make that more clear.

It wouldn't accept string arguments due to the subtraction that was happening on xPos. With the bug fix on that, it should work.

Thank you to everyone who has downloaded, installed, tested, used, cursed, etc this utility, I hope people  find it useful and that it ultimately enhances your Achaea experience.
    Btw @Jacen, you were missing an "end" in your function. This is what I have and it works for me : https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/42e6a19b

Well, that extra end was to end the function, which I wasn't showing in the code I posted. I only showed the full if statements that were part of the anitimer check.

• edited May 2015
    Also, change the click callbacks. They're working but generating an error, which can be avoided by passing arguments to the callback function as arguments to setClickCallback, like so:

rage1:setClickCallback("rageClick", rageTable[1][5])

Also I'm having trouble with the animations. My gauges are turning green when I get enough rage, grey when I don't have enough rage, and that's all. Should actually show the cooldown, I'm not sure why the anitimer isn't getting generated yet
    Got it, there's a typo in the Shaman Corruption regex trigger. ._ should be .+
  • It just keeps spamming me telling me I don't have anitimer, which I do.

UPDATE to v0.8       Download

• implemented gmcp event handler for Rage value changes - rageGUI rage balance
    • added rageversion alias to display version
    • current rage count displayed on rage balance indicator
    • repurposed Rage change trigger to only affect decay timers
    • fixed typo in Corrupt (shaman) trigger
    • updated setClickCallback to prevent error spam
    • updated antimer detection routine
    • moved most functions and variables into rageGUI namespace
    • events renamed to include rageGUI at the beginning, eg 'denizen lost aff' becomes 'rageGUI denizen lost aff'
    • updated typo in name of Stormbolt (magi) trigger
    • added cost in rage to ability indicator / buttons
    • added confirmation echo to rageGUI.save_guibr_vars()

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
    Version 0.8.1 is now up, fixes an error where rageGUI.rageEcho() was being called by rageGUI.load_guibr_vars() before being initialised.

• Haven't downloaded the update, but I made a couple more modifications to my own that you might be interested in.

I placed a Geyser VBox inside the ragePane label, and then put the gauges/anitimers inside the VBox. This allows you to avoid virtually all math related to locating things inside ragePane.

I added a 7th anitimer to the pane to countdown until rage fades.
    Jacen said:
    Haven't downloaded the update, but I made a couple more modifications to my own that you might be interested in.

I placed a Geyser VBox inside the ragePane label, and then put the gauges/anitimers inside the VBox. This allows you to avoid virtually all math related to locating things inside ragePane.

I added a 7th anitimer to the pane to countdown until rage fades.
    Thanks for giving me the heads up on VBox, will convert over. In v0.8.1 there's a text based warning on the main screen after 6, 9 and 11 seconds if there is no rage gain to warn of fading. I may add an option to include an animated timer for that in the future.

• What classes are you still needing messages for?
    Missing apostate, blademaster, jester, occultist and sentinel, plus odd lines here and there for other classes (obliviate for serpent, for example).

• @Klendathu Doesnt seem to be moving right when I increase the X coordinate. Any reason behind this? Thanks! Anybody else know?
    UPDATE to v0.9   Download

Because of issues with updating the guibr_vars table manually for certain people (@Zuko @Aelios) there is a new alias, rageset, which allows you to update the variables in the table, in the format rageset variable value. It allows percentages and quote marks, should you wish to use them. Examples:
    rageset x 150
    rageset y "200%"
    Note, changes to the variables do not automatically save, ragesave should be used to export the entire settings table to auto-import when Mudlet is restarted.

--
    • added extra line for Stormflare (silver dragon) - thanks Kard
    • added Svo prompt tag rageGUIrage
    • added trigger for Sear (druid) with recklessness - thanks Kei
    • tooltips now visible when hovering over battlerage abilities
    • tooltips rewritten
    • renamed rageGUI.rageEcho() to rageGUI.echoN()
    • added rageGUI.echo() for in-line echoes
    • added rageGUI.set() to update variables
    • added rageset alias
    • rewrote rageGUI.rageKey() to call rageGUI.rageClick()

Updated to v0.9.1 - the tooltip pop-up doesn't work in versions of Mudlet below 3 and causes scripts to error, so I've added in a check for version.

• You're the real MVP.

"You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else."

-Albert Einstein

I've updated the core of the battlerage script to include the new shieldbreaking ability, but need the names of the ability for each class, plus triggers and commands to activate. I can get the dragon and bard ones myself, but would appreciate anyone supplying any of the rest. Feel free to either post here or PM me.

Thank you!

• The Paladin shieldbreak ability is called Faithrend, syntax is FAITHREND <target>. I don't have the line though, and I just logged out for the night. Hopefully somebody else will be able to get it for you.
  • Runewarden

Failure:
    Your rage is wasted as an orc warrior is not protected by a shield.

Success:
    You strike at an orc warrior's translucent shield with a lightweight, simple longsword, drawing the outline of a rough rune that detonates, consuming the shield.
    retired
    It seems that the failure message is the same for all classes:
    ^Your rage is wasted as .+ is not protected by a shield.$

@Seifur thanks, what is the name of the ability and the syntax?

• TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!
    seems the failure message is the same all around
    Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

• edited June 2015
    Right, forgot that. It's called Fragment and it's just FRAGMENT target.

(forums won't let me put the greater/less than signs)
    retired
  • Silver Dragon-Splinter

A bolt of lightning cracks out from your maw and obliterates a xorani temple guard's translucent shield.
    I have all the dragon lines, plus runewarden, bard, magi and paladin. The scripts are updated to take the changes into account, so as soon as i have the triggers, i can release the update...

• TitonusTitonus Youngstown, Ohio
    Infernal:
    Syntax:            SHIVER <target>
    Works on/against:  Denizens
    Resource:          17 rage
    Details:
    Use your rage and the necromantic power at your disposal to strike at a denizen's shield, 
    causing it to crumble

Dark energy wreathes a savage, Mhaldorian morning star as you slash at Elder Tilath with it, causing his translucent shield to crumble.

• Syntax:            PIERCE <target>
    Works on/against:  Denizens
    Resource:          17 rage
    Details:
    This ability requires the viridian form, allowing you to expend your rage through a thorny 
    vine that will pierce through a denizen's shield.

(Will get lines once I get to a shielding denizen)
  • Alchemist: Caustic, throw caustic at <target>, 17 rage

You mix together the ingredients of the caustic chemical and fling it at a flail-wielding gnoll sentry's shield, watching as it is consumed.
  • TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!
    from @Leliel
    Jester:  Jacks , throw jacks at <target> 
    You throw a handful of small metallic jacks at a goblin zombie, the sharpened points shredding his translucent shield.
    Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

• AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Cyclone success if you don't have it
    Your careful footwork leads you in a tight spin past an ursu man, his stunned state preventing him from dodging your slashing blade.
    Huh. Neat.
    UPDATE to v1.0  Download

• added occultist lines (thanks Seragorn)
    • added jester lines (thanks Leliel)
    • added blademaster lines (thanks Cronos and Praxides)
    • added level check for when buttons light up
    • updated codebase to account for new third level ability for all classes
    • added shieldbreak trigger lines for all dragon colours, alchemist, bard, druid, infernal, magi and runewarden