Help selecting a class

Hello! I am quite new to Achaea and I am having trouble selecting a class. After going through the list of classes in HELP CLASSLIST and HELP CLASS <class> I found a few that I think I'd have a blast playing however I did still have some further questions in order to sway my decision.

The classes I found most appealing were : Blademaster, Sylvan, Monk, and Bard.

My main focus right now is leveling and learning game mechanics. I'd like to someday get into combat once I have gained all the necessities but as far as a playing style? I'm not too picky. I am also cityless right now, so finding a good community to be a part of is another goal of mine.

1) Investment

How are these classes in terms of investment? Lessons, artefacts, supplies, etc. The last thing I'd want to do is walk into a class that has to hit and run every time I want to hunt or invest countless lessons into learning my abilities and find out I need to purchase an artefact or two to be decent at combat.

2) Hunting

After learning how to read the news I saw that there was just recently an overhaul on hunting. Did these changes make things harder? Easier? Which would you believe(pre and post-changes) to be the best at hunting? Pros and cons?

3) Combat

Combat seems very complex and interesting. I'll definitely be poking around in the combat scene once I am able. What are the pros and cons of each class in combat?

4) City

As noted before, I am currently cityless. I believe all the classes I listed are considered 'neutral' except Sylvan which would hail from Eleusis. I was wondering which city might be the best choice for me? As I am still quite new, I have not really dialed in on who I want Theodis to be. A righteous beacon of Good and Light, a soldier of Evil, Defender of Nature, etc. I'm really looking for a good community to play a role in whilst I forge my future in Achaea.

I want to thank you all in advance for any advice, tips and information. I look forward to any and all responses!

Answers

• Monk.

I played monk from novicehood and it it doesn't require artefacts, but it does scale extremely well with them. The hunting for monk has always been good, and with the new changes, you only need another monk with you to get the most out of it. Eleusis, because we're cool.  B) 

• Xoran:
    Xoran are the best class.
    Replies the scorpion: "It's my nature..."
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Um. The upper class? Duh. Preferably taking the major traits 'One percenter' and 'Inanely rich', but those are really personal preference.
    Huh. Neat.
  • So... Rich Xoran Monk from Eleusis?

• AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Borran said:
    So... Rich Xoran Monk from Eleusis?
    Are we talking about @Penwize behind his back again?
    Huh. Neat.