Pets?

Just wanted to know if any of you have pets and if you like to have them or not? Also do you need credits to buy a pet or just gold? And about how much do they cost?

Comments

• Regarding cost - HELP PETS. They vary depending on what you want.

I don't have a pet so I can't comment further.
  • JinsunJinsun TN, USA
    I have one that we call Saxxuku. He's a bit scary, but we love him! He's RP'd kinda like Jinsun's really deformed son. It's been a really fun interesting thing to do. I love it because with being able to emote and speak, I can be two characters with two separate personalities. Here's a description of him:

Wallowing in a mass of slime and ichor, this disfigured monstrosity is an 
    amalgamation of blended and misplaced parts from various creatures, rising into 
    a hideous patchwork of decaying flesh, fur, and scales. Its left limb appears to 
    be that of a bird, the needle-like talons clicking with each movement, yet the 
    right is little more than exposed skeleton: a mere shard of bone sticking out 
    from torn and matted fur. From the middle of its sharply bent spine, a solitary 
    wing bears little more than tattered flesh, the malformed bones virtually 
    useless for any meaningful attempt at flight. Pus oozes from open wounds across 
    its body with each laboured breath, giving the abomination an unreasonable 
    stench, and myriad veins bulge up its neck toward a tangled mane, pulsing with a 
    multi-coloured light. Its face remains hidden, veiled by a makeshift muzzle of 
    tanned mhun skin that only allows for two piercing eyes to gaze into the world, 
    their pained depths conveying the true horror of its existence.
    A grotesquely deformed monstrosity is a humble-looking creature.
    He has 100% health remaining.
    He weighs about 212 pounds.
    He is loyal to Jinsun.
    A grotesquely deformed monstrosity is holding:
    Nothing that matches.
    It will reset to you.
  • AktillumAktillum Philippines
    edited May 2015
    If you want a fully custom pet, for RP purposes, you could get the basic artefact pet for 650 credit. You can make it emote and stuff.

If you want a custom pet that has combat utility, get the package pet for 1250cr, then the add-ons like mounting+flying (so you have an invincible flying mount).

If you just want a cute pet that isn't customizable, ask on market if anyone is selling minipets, there's a wide range of them out there.

I have a custom pet, a dwarf panda cub. He also has the amnesia attack add-on, which is hotly debated on its usefulness, and the amnesia add-on is only useful for Magi or Occultists. I wish I'd gotten the mount add-on, since people have been killing my hippogriff lately, but I don't think it'd make sense for a big insectoid Mage to be riding around on the back of a little baby panda. Otherwise, I'm satisfied with my pet.

I have a few reactions for him. He'll react to CIJ (housemates) people entering the room, he'll randomly sneeze in a cute way, and he does a trick if you give him a ball from Caer Witrin.

Approximately two feet in stature, this dwarf panda cub is fairly small. What he lacks in size, however, he makes up for in sheer cuteness. A curious, furry white face is marked with two black circles around wide, intelligent eyes, and his tiny nose has a velvet appearance. He has a little bit of a pot belly, but otherwise looks healthy and in shape for a young panda, and a small nub of a tail twitches excitedly.
    A dwarf panda cub is a humble-looking creature.
    He weighs about 30 pounds.
    He is loyal to Aktillum.

• a swift ghost bat37150 is at being held by Trilliana.
    a black tarantula47782 is at being held by Trilliana.
    a tiny black kitten125112 is at being held by Trilliana.
    Sindori, the tiny tengu158656 is at being held by Trilliana.
    an inquisitive bear cub283400 is at being held by Trilliana.
    a regal valley iguana305105 is at being held by Trilliana.
    a miniature snowy owl479093 is at being held by Trilliana.

Everything but Sindori is a crated pet. Sindori was a basic pet + flying and sentience. Pet prices have gone up since I got her, but she has 2 different racial emote sets (Raja and atavian), and more recently I got reporting and invincibility. I love having her. And out of my crated pets, my tarantula and the black kitten are my favorites. 

Delicate and small enough to be held in the palm of your hand, this miniature tengu has wide, bright blue eyes that peer up at you, radiating innocence and trust. With the body of a small, fuzzy kitten covered in soft black fur and sleek raven wings that are spotted with splashes of crimson, she is the epitome of cuddliness.
    Sindori, the tiny tengu is a humble-looking creature.
    She has 100% health remaining.
    She weighs 8 ounce(s).
    She is loyal to Trilliana.
    Sindori, the tiny tengu is holding:
    Nothing.
    It will reset to you.
    meh

• Aktillum said:
    If you want a fully custom pet, for RP purposes, you could get the basic artefact pet for 650 credit. You can make it emote and stuff.

If you want a custom pet that has combat utility, get the package pet for 1250cr, then the add-ons like mounting+flying (so you have an invincible flying mount).

If you just want a cute pet that isn't customizable, ask on market if anyone is selling minipets, there's a wide range of them out there.

I have a custom pet, a dwarf panda cub. He also has the amnesia attack add-on, which is hotly debated on its usefulness, and the amnesia add-on is only useful for Magi or Occultists. I wish I'd gotten the mount add-on, since people have been killing my hippogriff lately, but I don't think it'd make sense for a big insectoid Mage to be riding around on the back of a little baby panda. Otherwise, I'm satisfied with my pet.

I have a few reactions for him. He'll react to CIJ (housemates) people entering the room, he'll randomly sneeze in a cute way, and he does a trick if you give him a ball from Caer Witrin.

Approximately two feet in stature, this dwarf panda cub is fairly small. What he lacks in size, however, he makes up for in sheer cuteness. A curious, furry white face is marked with two black circles around wide, intelligent eyes, and his tiny nose has a velvet appearance. He has a little bit of a pot belly, but otherwise looks healthy and in shape for a young panda, and a small nub of a tail twitches excitedly.
    A dwarf panda cub is a humble-looking creature.
    He weighs about 30 pounds.
    He is loyal to Aktillum.
    Thanks dude, Thats exactly what I was looking for!
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Klendathu has a custom pet gryphon. I use it to be able to emote and say stupid stuff that Klendathu wouldn't normally say, generally just muck about and be silly. It's also an invincible flying mount with the amnesia add on, but no custom emotes... yet...

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • KatzchenKatzchen Mhaldor
    edited May 2015
    I've got a pet fox from a crate I customised, it's kind of adorable. Bites people. The crated pets are a bit of a mixed bag though, you can only customise their appearance not their reactions. They're a cheaper option than artie pets though, by a long shot. Creature custom is 100 credits, and I got the fox from a globe, though to be fair I could have sold it for at least 150 credits if I wanted, they were one of the more popular ones. Crated pets tend to sell from anywhere between 50 and 200 credits, depending on how 'desirable' they're considered.

a keen-eyed silver fox

Pointed ears at attention, a keen-eyed silver fox glances about curiously.

A shadowy lump of matted fur lies here, the remains of a once-noble silver fox.

A sleek coat of grey fur covers his back and sides, blending into a deep charcoal over his belly and paws. Awareness glints in his beaded black eyes, surrounded by a mask of charcoal fur that extends to the tip of his muzzle. His ebon-tipped ears twitch, pointing outwards as he examines his surroundings carefully, and a thin, pink tongue flicks its way over his prominent canine teeth. His bushy tail moves animatedly, its colour merging from grey at the base, into charcoal, before ending in a fluffy white tip. He is called 'Evander.'

Gazing imperiously around him, a keen-eyed silver fox slinks out to the $DIR.

Sniffing the air curiously, a keen-eyed silver fox pads in from the $DIR.

^the above is the extent of what I could customise, for a creature custom. Appearance, examined, standing still, death, enter and exit.

You pet a bat-eared fox ingratiatingly.
    A bat-eared fox snaps lightly at your hand, disdainfully licking the digits to show you who is the real boss.

Mycen pets a bat-eared fox ingratiatingly.
    A bat-eared fox squints suspiciously at Mycen's hand before sinking his teeth into it.

You raise your hand in greeting to a bat-eared fox and say "Hi!"
    A bat-eared fox sniffs disapprovingly, a coy look crossing his face as he begrudgingly acknowledges your existence.

Dragonknight raises his hand in greeting to a bat-eared fox and says "Hi!"
    A bat-eared fox turns away from Dragonknight, haughtily shunning his efforts with a distinctly vulpine smile.

A bat-eared fox casually flicks his tongue across his elegant mane, snootily grooming the fur.

A bat-eared fox idly scratches at his ears with one fluffy paw.

A bat-eared fox snorts haughtily, his beady eyes squinting around in disapproval.

^ these were built in, and I can't change (beyond that it now replaces 'bat-eared fox' with 'keen-eyed silver fox', but I liked them anyway. Shirty little thing. For 100 credits and a lucky roll on a globe, I'm very pleased with him.

My mount on the other hand is another custom, and I really wish I'd waited and gotten a real pet for that. 250 credits for the collar, 150k ish for the original pegasus, and 100 credits for a creature custom... that's a lot to discard if I went for a mountable pet version, and you can't trade in customs/pets.

Honourable, knight eternal,

Darkly evil, cruel infernal.

Necromanctic to the core,

Dance with death forever more.

• KyrraKyrra Australia
    I have an adorable kitten that both Lianca and @Melodie helped bring to life. Lianca helped me flesh out his appearance and Melodie pretty much did the rest of the work with helping me figure out and fine tune the reactions. 

a feisty hellcat kitten

Gazing around reproachfully, a dappled grey kitten looks for prey.

Wispy shadows caress the diminutive form of Xynders, with pristine white fur conspicuously hidden 
    swathes of charcoal-grey and black. Though sleek and agile, his fine form is disguised within a 
    downy exterior that shifts dramatically with even the slightest movement. A long tail ringed in 
    tight coils of white and black twitches from side to side in constant agitation, offering warning of 
    his disapproving demeanour. His ears, perfectly rounded triangles of charcoal-grey fur with white, 
    wiry tufts jutting out the front, move sharply to catch errant sounds around him. Betraying his 
    hellcat lineage, his small mouth and deep scarlet eyes are set in a perpetual scowl, softened only 
    by a heart-shaped black nose.

Catching sight of potential prey, a feisty hellcat kitten scampers east.

Tail lashing like a whip, a feisty hellcat kitten slinks in from the east.

He mauls totems, does treats suicide mice like rag dolls, claws the crap out of anyone that tries to pick him up, and he either plays dead or hides behind me when Earionduil enters a room. So much love for this little guy, and while I'll eventually tweak his reactions, I've never regretted getting him.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• Kyrra said:
    I have an adorable kitten that both Lianca and @Melodie helped bring to life. Lianca helped me flesh out his appearance and Melodie pretty much did the rest of the work with helping me figure out and fine tune the reactions. 

a feisty hellcat kitten

Wispy shadows caress the diminutive form of Xynders, with pristine white fur conspicuously hidden 
    swathes of charcoal-grey and black. Though sleek and agile, his fine form is disguised within a 
    downy exterior that shifts dramatically with even the slightest movement. A long tail ringed in 
    tight coils of white and black twitches from side to side in constant agitation, offering warning of 
    his disapproving demeanour. His ears, perfectly rounded triangles of charcoal-grey fur with white, 
    wiry tufts jutting out the front, move sharply to catch errant sounds around him. Betraying his 
    hellcat lineage, his small mouth and deep scarlet eyes are set in a perpetual scowl, softened only 

He mauls totems, does treats suicide mice like rag dolls, claws the crap out of anyone that tries to pick him up, and he either plays dead or hides behind me when Earionduil enters a room. So much love for this little guy, and while I'll eventually tweak his reactions, I've never regretted getting him.
    Since Im a Rajamalan, Would I be able to custom create a pet that is a Rajamalan cub?
  • TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!
    Woulfen said:
    Kyrra said:

a feisty hellcat kitten

Since Im a Rajamalan, Would I be able to custom create a pet that is a Rajamalan cub?
    Nope! Humanoid pets haven't been allowed for a good while now
    Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

• Tharvis said:
    Woulfen said:
    Kyrra said:

a feisty hellcat kitten

It would be a cat creature, since Rajamalans start out as cats and grow huminoid
  • JinsunJinsun TN, USA
    Nah rajas are aliens that are born as baby rajas if I remember correctly 
    Woulfen said:
    Tharvis said:
    <snip>
    It would be a cat creature, since Rajamalans start out as cats and grow huminoid
    debateable! You can always ask customisations@achaea.com , but I think you'll get that reply

• Jinsun said:
    So Rajas are not cat men at all?
    Woulfen said:
    Jinsun said:
    The rajamala are a race of proud, fierce, tiger-like humanoids from a distant planet. 

from the help file, I've looked around a bit but there doesn't seem to be an actual history about them, and the origins are unknown

• Tharvis said:
    Woulfen said:
    Jinsun said:
    The rajamala are a race of proud, fierce, tiger-like humanoids from a distant planet. 

from the help file, I've looked around a bit but there doesn't seem to be an actual history about them, and the origins are unknown
    It is apart of of Rajamalan culture not to share our past history. 
  • Nah, because racist.
  • AodfionnAodfionn Seattle, WA
    The HELP PETS file mentions being able to have a panther with wings.

Does this mean I can have a bear with wings?

Aurora says, "Are you drunk, Aodfionn?"
    Aodfionn said:
    The HELP PETS file mentions being able to have a panther with wings.

Does this mean I can have a bear with wings?

Just make a flying Sword Spider from Istar

• JinsunJinsun TN, USA
    Actually I'm pretty sure there is lore for the backstory and creation of rajas. I know that one god Agatheis (I think that's right. Sorry typing on my phone from the laundry room.)was their patron and people seeking Babel's pre-order can't even talk to rajas, I think partially because of Agatheis attempting to control the elements thus forcing them into order) and because of their unhelpfulness in releasing Lord Babel. At least that's what I remember from when @Flair and I talked about it like a RL year ago. I do know they come from a specific planet. 
  • I got a custom pet a little while ago that I absolutely adoooooooore!

Short:

A wily elemental fox

Examined:

Crackling streaks of charged air and wisps of flame collide in an aura that closely surrounds this slinky vulpine, his lithe form wreathed in elemental energy. The flickering luminescence enhances the ruddy hue of his luxuriant smokey-red pelt, and further lends intensity to his watchful amber gaze, his eyes perpetually searching for mischief with an unrelenting ferocity. Awash with the ochre tones of conflagration, his restless tail sweeps quietly to and fro, the silken tendrils painting the air behind with streaks of crimson and gold. His soft ebon ears swivel and twitch, ever-alert, and the feathery tufts that adorn the tips resembilng the sputtering flame of a candle. Sparkling with the cool iridescence of fragmented ice, the nimble black paws of the wily fox leave frosty footprints in his wake.

Dropped:

Keeping a vigilant eye out, a wily elemental fox is here emanating a glow of raw energy.

Enters:

With an eager chuff, a wily elemental fox slinks in to investigate potential mischief.

Leaves:

Padding off to the <direction>, a wily elemental fox leaves a trail of frost in his wake.

Reaction 1:

Being given something:

A wily elemental fox gives a sudden shake, clods of dirt flying from his pelt in an earthen shower around him.

Reaction 2:

When owner and any citymate (Mhaldorian) says "Let's kill everything."

A wily elemental fox moves hastily to <speaker>'s side, his tail swishing in eager anticipation with his small sharp teeth bared.

Reaction 3:

Being attacked:

Crackling and sparking with savage energy, a wily elemental fox bares his teeth and issues a guttural warning.

Reaction 4:

Being greeted:
    Sitting back on his haunches, a wily elemental fox offers a frost-covered paw, tongue lolling from the side of his mouth in what appears to be a self-congratulatory grin.

Reaction 5:

When beckoned by any citymate CR2 or higher will follow.

• @Sarapis You also have that boar lumbering about in Saoghal.

- (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• appearance: an inconspicuous chameleon
    dropped: A chameleon attempts to blend into its surroundings here.
    examined: Barely three feet in length, this small reptile actively attempts to downplay its appearance with a hunched over form. Slender legs rest curled beneath its form, while a coiled tail offers a hint of balance. The chameleon's scaly carapace subtly changes hues with its surroundings, making an accurate assessment of its true colours nearly impossible. A spined crest pushes from atop the reptile's head while its bulbous eyes slowly swivel independently, watching all of its surroundings intently.

entry: A subtle change in hues betrays the appearance of a chameleon.
    leave: A chameleon languidly changes colors, slowly disappearing.
    death: Blood red is the only color this eviscerated chameleon can display.

REACTIONS:

1. No auto emotes: When emoted at, the chameleon should respond with "An inconspicuous chameleon's eye turns towards you briefly before looking away, clearly disinterested."

2. When a personal enemy enters: "A low hiss emanates from an inconspicuous chameleon, its scales turning a vibrant shade of saffron."

3. When I enter the room: "An inconspicuous chameleon lazily crawls towards Arditi before resting at his feet."

4. Randomly: "Spying a passing insect, an inconspicuous chameleon opens his mouth slowly before lashing out with his tongue, the sticky tip drawing the bug backwards as he swallows the morsel."

5. Randomly: "An inconspicuous chameleon's scales scintillate with a faint multicoloured glow before returning to their previous hue."

6. When given a packet of gleam: "With a lightning quick flick of its tongue, an inconspicuous chameleon takes the sealed packet into his mouth and swallows it whole before returning to its usual torpor."

• Daeir said:
    gleameleon. I approve.
    I didn't realize until afterwards about the karma chameleon jokes. :(

• KayeilKayeil Washington State
    I've seen that chameleon sitting around. It's awesome!
    What doesn't kill you gives you exp.

• Sarathai said:
    @Sarapis You also have that boar lumbering about in Saoghal.

He's not so much a pet as he is my close and personal friend.
  • I take a broad view of time.
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Kinilan said:
    Sarapis said:
    Sarathai said:
    @Sarapis You also have that boar lumbering about in Saoghal.

He's not so much a pet as he is my close and personal friend.
    A close personal friend that the Runewardens had locked up in their Guild storage room for about 100 years. I never could decide who was more of the monster in that situation. Us for locking it up or you for abandoning him

Probably you.
    To be fair, he's kind of boar-ing...

Sorry.

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."