Account bound Artefacts.

2»

Comments

• CaladbolgCaladbolg Campbell County TN
    I've used my iron elite on my alts a couple of times, If I just wanted to switch classes I'd play Caladbolg, the reason I wanted to make alts was to try out other cities.

Like honestly Hirst is one of the most annoying people I have ever had to deal with in this game

But on my alt he's actually one of the coolest people I have ever had to deal with in this game.

Problem with artifacts transfering like this that I see is customiations completely throw off who your alt is.

The seconds abuse for in gold earning credits vs paying money doesn't seem like a feasible argument to me though, If for instance you spent 10 hours bashing for 100 credits (in my state at least also one of the lowest minimum wage states in the united states) at minimum wage you've made 72.50 (30 dollars more than the cost) If people are willing to put that much time earning credits in game I don't fully understand why credits aren't just considered an ooc type currency entirely. (hour per credit totally made up.)

But I also don't play my alts because it's to annoying to play Achaea with out wings.

• JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    edited May 2015
    Having to buy arties for each character is what is keeping me from buying more for any of them, tbh.

In that instance, it's a loss for IRE, but on the other hand, it's still a loss because people would only have to buy one of the artie.
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • I think it would encourage more people to buy artefacts in general. Plus, I know the weapons don't work for every class. So, more people might buy weapon artefacts too.
  • It's not necessarily a loss - it would be more of a recognition that (and I am going to pick on her just a little because she is the prime example) not all of their customers are like Kyrra.  I was "joking", but also quite serious in what I said about not even bothering with multiclass if they had enough customers like that.  If enough of your customers fit that mold it really would be a "loss" because your customers are already pretty much opening their wallets and literally emptying them for you, so why stop them?

But I have a feeling that most people do limit their spending on alts (which also probably limits the alt's playability, especially for people accustomed to having all of the toys).  To a degree, I think a lot of bigger customers even limit spending on their main (certain very large ticket items are hard to justify in my mind, but might feel worth considering if I could use them across characters).  People realize they have to be (sort of) sensible at some point, because.... I mean, Jules alone is probably worth at LEAST several thousand dollars, and many of your mains are too.  It really might be (well) worth IRE's while to look at spending profiles (and also play profiles - how active is the character and for how long) of mains and alts.  And of course the "main" isn't necessarily the first character, it's the character that the person has spent most on (and probably, but not necessarily spent the most time playing).  I think it might work out that there is a way for this to make sense for both customer and company.

And yes, some artefacts are very class specific.  Sales profiles on those probably wouldn't change (much). 

Finally, I'd wanted to say that I see this as most benefitting a very particular kind of alt.  For me, especially with multiclass, it would be much more that I don't really want to bounce a single character around factions - because I can already trade some stuff in as needed, and so far as I know, probably just not use certain classes if I moved Jules.  But I don't want to move my characters, because cities are a pain in the ass (even though I'm mostly in one so THEY get credits when I buy - I just can't stand to see an opportunity like that wasted), and I think that would be true for quite a few people.  It also just generally looks weird, no matter how "well done" it is.  Even as someone who isn't a "serious RP-er", a lot of those changes look weird, but I understand people do it because they want a change and player fun really should always take precedent.  The only time I've really seen it make sense is something like with Melodie, where as icky as it was for her, her character really was believably pushed to completely change sides so drastically.  Anyway, this fixes that problem.