masquerade submission (potential spoiler
    <stuff>

Shiny
    "Kit always gets blood everywhere."
    Medi says, "If kit says to show up somewhere, bring an apron."
    Medi says, "Rule of thumb."

• edited April 2015
    It's a lovely design, @Herenicus!

I think this sentence: "Shimmering with dark iridescence, a flight of charcoal feathers back from the face, cropped close to the skull and mounted on a delicate frame of polished ivory." is incomplete. Adding something between 'feathers' and 'back', sweep/fall/stream might work there.
  • HerenicusHerenicus The Western Front
    edited April 2015
    "feathers" is being used as a tricksy verb, if that matters.

edit: still don't particularly like seeing a word appear twice in the desc. I'd rather keep the verb. Will consider changes.

Edit2: Let's just kill the first appearance of the word altogether and chalk one up for word economy and the bad guys.
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    Hahaha mandibles.

Paging @Xinna, too gud. Well done Herenicus.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • Herenicus said:
    "feathers" is being used as a tricksy verb, if that matters.

edit: still don't particularly like seeing a word appear twice in the desc. I'd rather keep the verb. Will consider changes.
    Ahah! I'm with you now.
  • Two pieces I designed the descs for without crafting. I don't have names for them, as I left those up to whoever I gave the descs to. The veil is my personal favorite. <3

Blissfully uncomplicated, yet visually stunning, this bridal accessory is designed to accent the brides appearance. Crafted from silvery lavender tulle, the two tier veil starts shorter in the front and tapers back into a stunning cascade of waves that ends at the elbows. The edges of both layers are finished with a continuous strip of lilac ribbon. The top layer of the veil can be worn over the face, simultaneously shrouding the bride in a delicate mystery. Two unblemished hair pins, on either side, holds up the main portion of the veil and attaches itself securely to the wearers hair with a tiny comb. Each pin has been fashioned into a pristine crystal fleur-de-lis on a shiny silver plated setting, offering a touch of luxury to an otherwise unassuming piece.

Entrenched in the warm hues of the forest, this notably enormous shield has been constructed entirely from hearty oak. Resembling a tower shield, it features a concaved shape that curves subtly around the holder in order to defend as much of the upper and lower body as possible. Discernible wooden slats, marred with gouges, run vertically along the face of the shield, its outer edge is accented with hand hammered antique brass trim. Intricate bas-relief cutwork ornaments the center; their numerous grooves form the silhouette of a charging bear inlaid with cognac gold and lusty carmine, accentuating the woodwork with a dazzling array of the dawn. With its teeth bared and claws drawn, the symbol is emblematic of grounding forces and strength, rousing the warrior to have courage against adversity.  A delicate rubescent stained foliate motif interspersed with leaves of verdant green crystal wreathes the border surround. The rear inside is fully lined, to increase durability, and features a steel hand hold, center mounted upon wood bracing stretched the length of the shield.

Focus on results and you'll never see progress. Focus on progress and you'll see results.
  • That is the same as me, Tillie. Tris is a jeweller, but she doesn't care much for wearing anything flashy except for the brooch she got at graduation.
    Focus on results and you'll never see progress. Focus on progress and you'll see results.
  • I like to keep it simple. (spoilers)

Appearance:

a menacing steel mask

Dropped Description:

A menacing steel mask lies on the floor.

Description:

This blackened steel mask is tightly moulded around the face of the wearer. The eyebrows are pulled down and together into a frozen state of menace above the deep shadowed sockets. This mask is crafted with precise detail of bumps and uneven grooves that give an illusion of popping veins. A restricted respirator-like muzzle pushes forward from the bridge of the nose down to the base of the jaw with only five thin long vertical slits to barely allow the wearer to breathe. The sharp angles and deep lines give both depth and shadow, creating an overall sinister appearance.

• JurixeJurixe Where you least expect it
    No issues with either of those except that it's 'lustrous' and 'preternaturally'. Maybe I"ll get around to doing mine someday!
    If you like my stories, you can find them here:
    Stories by Jurixe and Stories by Jurixe 2 

Interested in joining a Discord about Achaean RP? Want to comment on RP topics or have RP questions? Check the Achaean RP Resource out here: https://discord.gg/Vbb9Zfs

• SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    that's what I get for doing them half asleep. Good thing I have @Jurixe to proofread for me <3

• Anyone who has interacted with Bluef during her days as a Spirit Walker or the Seeress of the Curia will know that her spirit name is Two Feathers. Anyway, her spirit guide has always been a heron, who has in the past gifted her with some of his feathers for use in ritual, to create a ceremonial headdress, etc. Here's the next creation I'll be making to further maintain her shamaness identity (aural earring):
    an ethereal earring of heron feathers

Hints of blue and grey flutter along an ethereal earring of heron feathers.

Empyreal heron feathers splay into delicate flocculence along this ethereal earring. Deep blues and soft greys mingle, flaring out along an ebon shaft that shimmers with otherworldly lustre. Fluttering silently, the two iridescent feathers sway languidly in the breeze, suspended from a whisper-thin annulet of pale bone.
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    @Lala's probably my favourite designer since Amunet went dormant. So many pretty awesome designs.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• If you made something and already went through the submission process and got a pattern is it possible to add the hood feature if it was forgotten?

• MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    You could probably either typo it, or issue me about it, and request it. Admin are pretty good about that sort of thing.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • edited April 2015
    A design I did for an overworked merchant, no appearance or dropped for this one. Left that up to her. 
    Crafted as an emblem of long term affection, the long, sinewy forms of two serpentine beasts embrace one another in the silhouette of a heart. With their heads meeting at the centre, the dragons, one plated in silver and the other gold, arch their bodies outwards while their tails are left intricately intertwined at the tip. Strategic engravings highlight each scale of these creatures, while a number of ridges run down their spines. Adorning the narrow complexion of the bestial faces, are two crystals that are meticulously fit into their heavy lidded eyes. The crystals, polished to a lustrous gleam, are rendered in exquisite hues, emerald for the gold dragon and sapphire for the silver, and suggest astuteness entombed in the sparkling facets. A blazing fire, constructed from a vivacious ruby, melds them together as their leathery wings, complete with scored line webbing, unfurl on either side. The entire piece is fused onto a thin, platinum arm cuff that gaps slightly at the back to allow the wearer to put it on with ease.  
    Two designs that are not my standard custom pieces, so idgaf about making them verbose as I'll be mass selling them in the shop @Aodfionn spoiled me with.

Appearance: an antiquated silver and bronze acacia tree necklace

Dropped: an antiquated necklace, depicting an acacia tree, lies here forlornly

Examined: Sharply contrasting, the modest, two-toned necklace is handcrafted from a blackened antiquated silver plate, over which has been set a smaller, polished bronze plate. A striking silhouette of a tree, depicting an acacia, has been cut into the bronze plate, adding depth to the piece as the darker material peeks through. The branches of the tree have been arranged to wind and turn in different directions, adding an organic feel, while miniature acacia leaves splash intermittently throughout. The necklace hangs from an adjustable black leather cord, permitting some comfort when worn around the neck. Discreetly stamped onto the back of the necklace is a minute emblem of a flame.

Appearance: a silver phoenix medallion ring

Dropped: Glistening on the ground, a phoenix medallion ring has been lost here

Examined: Painstakingly sculpted and finished in pure silver, this classic medallion styled ring is an attractive testament of rebirth and renewal. The ring details a simple flat band that sweeps into a primitive open-cut sunburst on the shoulders. Molded into the center of the band, a rising phoenix, rendered in angular tribal lines, sits upon a circular medallion. Whereas most of the legendary bird possesses a stunning silver finish, the twisting curls of its tail plumes are inlayed in gold which infuses hints of striking color into its design. Discreetly stamped on the inside of the ring is a minute emblem of a flame. 

• freshly grilled pineapple slices on a skewer

Slices of grilled pineapple line up on a skewer here.

Thick, juicy slices of fresh pineapple line up on a skewer of newly harvested sugarcane. Each slice has charred grill lines along each side as well as the edges from cooking. Sugars from the cane skewer form a thin layer of caramelisation over each slice, giving the yellow fruit a hint of browning. 

Pulling slices of grilled pineapple from a sugarcane skewer, the warm, fresh fruit fills your mouth with the sweetness of the fruit's juices. Hints of caramelised sugar give the fruit a crispier crunch as well as a rich, sweet flavour.

Plucking slices of grilled pineapple from a sugarcane skewer, $eater slowly chews each slice, the aroma of warm fruits wafting around $eater_him for a moment before fading away.

smell has the sweet aroma of fresh, warm pineapple.

taste warms the tongue as sweet pineapple juices run over it.

meh

• RuthRuth Singapore
    Appearance (short_desc)
    a rousing bowl of warm apple risotto

Dropped (long_desc)
    Subtle tendrils of steam rise from a bowl of warm apple risotto here.

Examined (extended_desc)
    Presented in a white ceramic bowl, this dish features an unusual pairing of ingredients. The risotto has been created by simmering the rice with apple juice, which enhances the mild and natural sweetness of apples. Fresh rings of onions were lightly fried and then boiled together with the simmering rice, which serves to thicken the risotto. Chunks of apple have been cut into cubes and then added into the mixture after the dish is served, allowing the crispiness of the apple cubes to add texture to the creation. Lemon zest added across the dish as a garnish lends a bitter-sweet taste that pleases the palate.

First Eaten
    Taking up a spoon, you dig into your warm bowl of apple risotto. The rice is soft and superbly cooked al dente, and the mild flavour of sweet apple shines through, complemented by the sour bitterness of lemon zest and crunchy apple cubes.
    "Mummy, I'm hungry, but there's no one to eat! :C"

• RuthRuth Singapore
    edited April 2015
    Someone said my apple risotto was not appealing enough so I present to you another Ruth-style dish:

Appearance
    A bowl of tenderized sirloin steak over rice

Dropped
    A steaming bowl of tenderized sirloin steak served over rice has been left here.

Examined
    Served in a simple black bowl, this meal is comprised of a sirloin steak laid over a base of fluffy, plum flavoured rice. The steak is the main feature of the dish and has been left to marinate in a mixture of finely diced onions, pepper and salt, thus giving it a tender quality. It is then fried carefully until it is medium rare. A combination of red wine, butter, seaweed-infused soy sauce and more finely diced onions were added to the remaining steak juice in the pan. Potato starch dissolved in water was also used to thicken the sauce before it is generously poured across the steak and rice.

First Eaten
    You dig into a bowl of sirloin steak over rice and are greeted with exceedingly tender meat and fluffy plum rice pleasurably entangled with the thick steak sauce.

"Mummy, I'm hungry, but there's no one to eat! :C"

• MaraxMarax The Scriptorium
    This is the stuff that makes me want to play again so badly... :(
    (<clan>): Kuy says, "Gurl, I could talk myself outta Alkatraz."
  • I've been on a native kick: 

Appearance (short_desc)
    a native pipe bone and beaded breastplate vest

Dropped (long_desc)
    A pipe bone and beaded breastplate vest is here.

Examined (extended_desc)
    Providing scant protection due to its ceremonial nature, this breastplate vest is the 
    height of native fashion. Made of striking hair pipe, slender tubular inch-long beads, and 
    polished buffalo bone, this vest pays homage to the Earth Mother in its collection of 
    natural materials. The bone and beading have been intricately hand-woven upon thin strips 
    of leather, creating a segmented horizontal line of bone-white broken up by the dark brown,
     vertical stripes of the leather underneath. The sides of the breastplate vest are subtly 
    fringed from the leather strips which remained unbeaded during creation. The centre of the 
    breastplate vest is composed of a front panel of slender bone and hair pipe braced with 
    round copper and hunter green beads, offering a lurid splash of colour against the off-
    white backdrop. An unusual style for a vest, this garment is made of two bead-and-bone 
    plates which fasten to the body by a long strand of braided leather that ties around the 
    neck. A trio of large eagle feathers has been attached to the top of the breastplate vest 
    and swoops down the middle of the chest. Tucked at the nape of the vest is a rainbow-
    coloured music note.

Appearance (short_desc)
    a plain buckskin loincloth

Dropped (long_desc)
    Looking like a forgotten piece of treated buckskin, a loincloth is here.

Examined (extended_desc)
    Like an appetiser to true tribal fashion, this garment offers a taste of simple native 
    style. Constructed from stretched elk hide smoked to a natural tan colour and then 
    austerely cut, the loincloth is utterly plain without any sort of adornment. Supple and 
    soft, the front flap offers comfortable, non-chafing cover of the whole groin but only 
    partial protection of the buttocks. A thick buckskin strap bands tightly around the hips, 
    exposing all of the stomach and thighs while also keeping the wearer mostly decent. Meant 
    to be worn one of two ways, the loincloth can also be converted into a breech-cloth, the 
    front flap long enough to be tucked between the wearer's legs and secured at the back into 
    the waistband. Discreetly dyed into the waist band is a rainbow-coloured music note.

Appearance (short_desc)
    a pair of beaded soft-soled moccasin shoes

Dropped (long_desc)
    Displaying a beaded design across the top, a pair of moccasin shoes is here.

Examined (extended_desc)
    Made of single piece of treated deerskin, these moccasin shoes encase the entirety of the 
    foot in a flexible grip, with an extra fold of leather which cuffs the ankle in a brace of 
    buckskin. These soft-soled shoes mould to the foot with every use, creating a pliant 
    barrier between the wearer's sole and the ground. Perfect for running or exploring the 
    natural world, these moccasin shoes are a lightweight option between hard-soled shoes and 
    bare feet. Small beads, prominently forest green, bronze, and white, have been diligently 
    hand-stitched to the top of the moccasin in an stylistic rendition of a feathered stag. 
    The same beads trim the buckskin cuff in an abstract design, looking almost like sharpened 
    arrow heads around the circumference of the ankle. Painted upon the soft sole is a rainbow-
    coloured music note.