The Quisalis/Ivory Marks

13»

Comments

• KyrraKyrra Australia
    There's ethereal shrouds for sale in the SoW, for those whining about veils. There's plenty of them for sale in some player shops for gold as well.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• CaladbolgCaladbolg Campbell County TN
    edited March 2015
    Pretty sure there's plenty of people in every city with veils (except maybe Hashan) if your rogue with no friends then your kinda boned. but it's easy to bypass the veil thing imo.

Santar said:
    The Mark is supposed to be an elite organization of killers/champions that are there to kill people for resolution.

The entire point of the idea is to cut out the little dogs that are playing "pretend assassin", and get the contracts through to the higher level people of the game. 

The Mark isn't something for everyone. By its very nature it's there for the high/top level fighters to give out justice to the equal/lesser players(as far as combat aptitude/resourcefulness goes). The end-game fighters are the people who should be fulfilling this task. 

The excuse making is just silly. Yes, a lot of times it's hard to complete contracts, especially on certain people. That's why we want the best people in the game to be on that job. We want the most prepared, the most able, and the most resourceful people to be taking contracts. 

Still though I'm pretty much going to say Santar is one of the best combatants in game atm, but i've walked away/evaded away/been delivered away from plenty of fights Santar has started. Getting away from someone you don't want to fight is generally pretty easy.

And as long as guards are setup correctly pretty sure there's places in every city you can just sit at where no one can touch you with out dying to guards unless you happen to get in as a monk and radiance them while afk or something.

And for those people who play the class with out evade people bringing allies ontop of you instantly when you try to fight someone and they use truename while your pinned down is still a good way to lose a contract.

And I mean you can ask for a duel, they can say yes or no, but just by randomly asking someone hey you wanna duel basically tells them you -have- the contract and it's gank time.

But again, this is why I hate getting Contracts on certain people that defile constantly, One of them will run away and bring an entire city with them. The other will call for help and 50 people show up and he gets the last kill.

Hell found it more viable to just snipe/cleave at them during raids to complete contracts than actually trying to fight them.

• Caladbolg said:

And I mean you can ask for a duel, they can say yes or no, but just by randomly asking someone hey you wanna duel basically tells them you -have- the contract and it's gank time.

I randomly ask for duels fairly often. I am sure many marks probably do as well so someone assuming this is just being Paranoid.

• I actually think it is an interesting idea to have levels of different types of marks, instead of just a member of a mark. Because too many contracts end up going expired because either person is not really that active or doesn't want to hunt their target and so on. Not to many some times tasks implemented are based on the mark system. So by implementing tiers I think this would be an interesting concept to ensure still that the higher levels of marks are still receiving the majority contracts, while those who are either completing tasks or giving mark a shot are actually either completing their tasks or seeing if this is something that they want to actually pursue in the long run.

Honestly? I enjoyed being a mark. I'm not a top tier combatant and I will freely admit it. But I still enjoyed being a mark in years past. I think by implementing this type of system it would actually make marks more attractive and give a better sense of combatants and even uprising champions and assassins to really take part and get a sense of the mark system while ensuring a better sense of contracts are actually have a higher completion rate. 

Just my thoughts. 

• edited April 2015
    Some form of opt-in infamy might be more appropriate for the Marks that are only Marks to expose themselves to fighting rather than being efficient at completing contracts, instead of having 'levels' of Marks. Although the idea has merit, now that I think about it - similar to the way it functions for Quisalis den and Matsu's Temple: Initiates of the Quisalis/Ivory, all the way up to Champions of the Mark. You have to work your way up through the ranks in order to become a Champion, and only Champions are able to accept contracts. Then it also creates some sense of community in the organisations. 
  • I'd just like to point out that it's been like two RL months or more since the last time I received a contract.

And, I'm at the top of the Quisalis board, so mathematically I should have the best odds.

• @Santar Well isn't there now a preference of some sort for marks of one's own city? Thus, as a rogue you would not be likely to get any.
  • I think the ideas on this page from Aerek and 2015-me could be revisited, I'm curious what opinions are on that nowadays? As a summary: a tier-system within the mark that functions as an opt-in infamy in which initiate Marks fight against each other in order to achieve full Mark status (Champions of the Mark/Assassins of the Mark, whatever) wherein they can then accept contracts.  

Relevant posts from before:

Jovolo said:
    Some form of opt-in infamy might be more appropriate for the Marks that are only Marks to expose themselves to fighting rather than being efficient at completing contracts, instead of having 'levels' of Marks. Although the idea has merit, now that I think about it - similar to the way it functions for Quisalis den and Matsu's Temple: Initiates of the Quisalis/Ivory, all the way up to Champions of the Mark. You have to work your way up through the ranks in order to become a Champion, and only Champions are able to accept contracts. Then it also creates some sense of community in the organisations. 
    Aerek said:
    That's actually fucking brilliant. When you join Mark, you should start at a 0 rating and have to kill other Marks to get your rating up. Once your rating hits 100 or some other arbitrary number, then you start getting contracts. Fall too low, you stop getting contracts, and have to hunt Marks again to get your rank back up. The food chain regulates itself and makes sure that only Marks that fight frequently and can defeat other Marks get contracts. Let's break for drinks, gents, we're done here.

Opt-in Infamy is also perfect for people who aren't afraid of random fighting but don't want to take contracts. Gives you unrestricted face time with Marks and other Infamous, but regular Joes can't gank you for no reason, so you get to avoid the "I can attack you but you can't attack me" headaches. Sign your name on the "Come at me bro" bulletin board in Delos, and you jump to max Infamy permanently. Take your name off the board, and your Infamy will start to decay naturally. Perfect.

• ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    The opt-in infamy thing at least was why the Dauntless was made. Not sure about the other things. Having some form of community in the Marks at least would be interesting.

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.