Auto-Targeting while in a party

Hi everyone, for quite some time i have been trying to figure out how to do a few things on HTML5, i have read the how to, in the help section of the client settings. though everything i try does not seem to work. now don't get me wrong. i have quite a few reflexes set up and working properly but for some reason i can not seem to get this right. Most of the time when i ask for help i have someone ask me back if i use mudlet. I do have mudlet but i do not like to use it. it is not set up as nicely as HTML5. When hunting with family and friends, in which i am never leading, I can not seem to get the reflex to auto target what they call out in the party channel. is there any way someone could explain step by step how to do this. when it comes to coding I am as dumb as it gets so please try and explain it like you were talking to a person who has never done anything like it before. the use of computer slang confuses me.

Comments

• TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!
    for example.

Box 0 : perl regex : \(Party\): (\w+) says, "Changed target to (\w+)."

code box : send("st " ..matches[3])
    Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

• Also, if any of your highlights are dependent on your target variable, you might want to tack on a :title() to matches[3] so that you don't get messed up if your party leader doesn't capitalize their target calls.
  • i tried both of these and for some reason it is not working. maybe i am doing it wrong. On the HTML5 client, once i pull up the settings i press the reflexes tab. Once pressed i go to the add button and click Add a Trigger. now on the other side in the Match section there is two section in which to type the Trigger Text and the Trigger Name. in the area that says Trigger Text what would i place in this area.  Now after that under the Match section there is the Actions area now next to the button that says send command what do i place here. 
  • TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!
    oh, I misunderstood @Gulip, I thought you were asking for a mudlet trigger for it.
    I'm not all too familiar with the HTML5 scripting, so I'll namedrop @Orzaansyn
    Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

• edited March 2015
    @Gulip the Trigger text area is the line you want to trigger, the Trigger name is just how you want to call it, and the Action is what you want to do when you trigger this line.

For exemple, if I want to yell "dabedi dabeda" when someone says "I'm blue.":

Trigger text: I'm blue

Action: YELL dabedi dabeda

This is the basic, as you noticed, there are many options.
  • Ah, also... I did not read the entire thread before answering. There is two other things you may want to know:

You need to select "Regular expression" as matching type when you want to use a regex as trigger text.

The array of matches is not matches[] but args[], and the index starts at 0, not at 1. 

So, what you need to do (based on @Tharvis upward post):

trigger text: \(Party\): \w+ says, "Changed target to (\w+)."

matching type: Regular expression
    Actions -> Execute script: client.send_direct("st " + args[1]);