S&B Combat Theory (take 2)

2»

Comments

• edited February 2015
    I don't even play anymore so no. I'm just a bitter old Achaean who doesn't like automated offence. There's no reason or rhyme to it and it's not intended as an insult, so don't take it personally. It's just like, my opinion, man.
  • It's more fun for me.  That is why I use it.  Makes sense to me!

• AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    Jovolo said:
    I don't even play anymore so no. I'm just a bitter old Achaean who doesn't like automated offence. There's no reason or rhyme to it and it's not intended as an insult, so don't take it personally. It's just like, my opinion, man.
    Pfft, let's fight on telnet guys.  No backspacing or echos
  • edited February 2015
    Achilles said:
    Jovolo said:
    Pfft, let's fight on telnet guys.  No backspacing or echos

Could probably truelock with a single keypress thanks to SETALIAS  :#  (literally did that in that truelock log using dragon impatience XD, against a full curing system)
  • Jovolo said:
    When I grow up I hope one day I'll be able to automate my combat too~
    Have you seen occie combat? Can literally press one or two buttons and win the game.

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • edited February 2015
    Was that a joke post?

I think it was a joke post
  • Jovolo said:
    Was that a joke post?

I think it was a joke post
    What do you mean?  That was an actual log, and it's loopable (with prepped limbs).
  • MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    isnt he a knight? Why is he fighting unmounted.

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • Mishgul said:
    isnt he a knight? Why is he fighting unmounted.
    I just asked him to stand still for a moment to demo that trick.
  • You can't impale/shield at the same time. If you're going to combo your impale just in case it misses, you shouldn't use concuss either because if you can concuss someone the impale will go through. Use a smash.

• XerXer Langley
    edited February 2015
    I'm not really sure what you're trying to show other than the fact that either serverside has a bug where it doesn't writhe off impale while it's already writhing off transfix from Wunjo/Nairat, or that one leg breaks lengthen writhe time too long to the point where you can get a dsb off of it. You didn't use a shield attack in conjunction with the impale (namely, not club), making the fact that the dsb happened either lag on Aelios' part, something wrong with his curing, or one leg dsbs should be doable for any class, not just SnB.

As a note, you can impale/shield at the same time, namely Impale/Club. Not general shield attacks, but to say that you can't is not correct.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    e^(iπ) + 1 = 0
  • Xer said:
    I'm not really sure what you're trying to show other than the fact that either serverside has a bug where it doesn't writhe off impale while it's already writhing off transfix from Wunjo/Nairat, or that one leg breaks lengthen writhe time too long to the point where you can get a dsb off of it. You didn't use a shield attack in conjunction with the impale (namely, not club), making the fact that the dsb happened either lag on Aelios' part, something wrong with his curing, or one leg dsbs should be doable for any class, not just SnB.

As a note, you can impale/shield at the same time, namely Impale/Club. Not general shield attacks, but to say that you can't is not correct.

Sheer balance times guarantee a DSB.  This is something I noticed at work and verified with testing when I got home (in the log).
  • This is due to the new Impale timing (based on limb breaks at time of impale).  If you land the impale right before the limb break is cured (guaranteed) then it's a guaranteed DSB.  It's even easier if you have ferocity for stun.
  • Unless something changed, writhe time without two broken legs will always be quicker than the balance regain on impale, which is what Xer is saying. The stun from the shield attack was implemented because of that, in order to give S&B an option to disembowel while only needing a single leg break to do it.

Are you saying that a single leg break is now enough to get an impale across all knight specs? If so, that's clearly a bug or an oversight.
  • And what Ernam is saying is something did change.

Writhe time is now based on limb damage when you impale not when you start writhe.
  • XerXer Langley
    edited February 2015
    Yes, but that should still not allow one leg dsbs without some other factor such as a stun.
    e^(iπ) + 1 = 0
  • I agree.. Perhaps its a bug 
  • XerXer Langley
    edited February 2015
    Aelios just has bad curing at the moment/serverside is bugging out. The thing to note is that Hasar writhed off impalement with a broken leg before I could get balance back to dsb. Hasar did not cure his leg at all when he left the room - he had a mangled left leg/partially broken left leg at the time of impalement.

https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/a276c54d

If the stun doesn't go off, then there's no way that a one leg dsb should happen. Aelios simply isn't writhing out correctly.

However, you don't need to be prone for the stun to work - only impaled and with a broken leg. So if you shatter - barge - impale/club, you can indeed the get the dsb off. But that's only with Club, which Ernam doesn't get off in the log, which means that the reason why he got the dsb off was for a different reason entirely.

https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/6ec60866

An example of being able to Impale/Club and having the option to dsb off Shatter/Transfix. Not sure who's going to actually die to that though, unless you already broke torso. Though if you already broke torso, I would just break leg/prone and then impale/dsb off that instead.
    e^(iπ) + 1 = 0
  • Morthif said:
    And what Ernam is saying is something did change.

Writhe time is now based on limb damage when you impale not when you start writhe.
    That has nothing to do with what I said though
  • Jovolo said:
    Morthif said:
    And what Ernam is saying is something did change.

That has nothing to do with what I said though
    Jovolo said:
    Unless something changed....
    I just meant something did change that could cause this unintentionally.@Aelios not normally a bad curer
  • Yeah, @Vadimuses

I'm running on almost 100% serverside - so its not anything that was willful. With that being said, though, its worth looking into. Thanks for the post, @Xer !

"You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else."

-Albert Einstein