All Class Limbcounter For Mudlet + Fracture counter

KenwayKenway San Francisco
edited January 2015 in Curing Systems and Scripts
Well Classlead 30 didn't go through which is somewhat disappointing but hey, maybe some day right?
I recently made a change from operating primarily on Svo to using almost exclusively WunderSys and in doing so I of course, lost my limb counter. It made me realize just how vital that little piece of code kind of is to combat as a prep class. (Also not all that little, but we'll get to that.) This made me think about the options available. You have Svo, which, you have to buy Svo (great system, worth the buy, but not everyone's got the Cr/$) and then on top of that, you have to buy the counter. So what about people not using Svo or who don't want to use Svo's counter? Well there's Manda, (also costs, also here it's great, same issue tho) or there's Antonius' counter (checked this out but it's not up to date with the changes so I didn't really investigate much, assume it's also great, however, only for knights, and not updated for Weaponmastery)

This brings me to my very round-about point that there isn't really a publicly available open-source limbcounter that works for -everyone-.
Well now there is 'cause what did I need my weekend for anyways, right? Let's have a quick summary so I can stop boring you people!

Features
--------
Counts hits! (Shocking, I know!) 
- For those of you who like to remind me that "tracking hit numbers isn't useful" I say:
  1. Wrong.
  2. I'm not seeking to supply the ultimate offense here. I'm attempting to make something that can get people into combat. Every newbie knight I've ever spoken with has had some form of trouble with keeping track of limbs. Number of hits lets you do that. Perhaps not as well as percentages, no. But K.I.S.S! This is bare minimum requirements for combat we're talking about here.
o Resets limbs on a timer!
- Not really sure why every counter doesn't have this. Wasn't all that hard to do. Don't have to worry about people illusioning limb resets or being out of the room for one 'cause it keeps track of how much longer till each limb heals
Will work for all classes! (Not right now, I need people to help me gather lines! If you're interested in helping see the list below* and message me!)
- One of the perks of using number of hits rather than percentages, is that it's all relative. Setting health ranges and weapon damages is much simpler this way. Simple is good 'cause it means it's a lot easier for beginners to edit the code without breaking something vital.
Guesses prep number on assess!
o Prompt integration for both Svo and WunderSys! @tfracks for 2h, @tlimbs for everyone else
Up to date with all Weaponmastery specs!
Integrated with my fracture tracking for 2h knights!

In the works (Help is always appreciated. If you see one of these features that you know a quick fix for or have an idea for one yourself, MSG me!)
-----------
Several variations of windowed counters allowing you to organize however you want.
Tracking rebounding hits.
Wielding and Class detection via GMCP so you can just install and go.
Fixing any bugs y'all inevitably find.

o Classes I need Lines for:
        *Blademaster, Monk, Sylvan, Magi, Dragon, Druid, Sentinel
----------------------------------------------------------------------

If you're interested, you can find the downloads right here:
Svo
 WunderSys 
(either will work without the designated system the only difference is which prompt tag format is included)
----------------------------------------------------------------------
For those interested in helping sort out/improve this, please message me!
This is 100% FREE but credit donations are always nice. They let me know the work's appreciated and keep me motivated to fix things quickly and work on enhancing the bits that I don't personally use.

Lots of thanks to @Daslin for making his limb counting code sloppy enough that my OCD took over and this happened and lots of thanks to a bunch of other people I'm probably gonna forget to name but all totally helped and I feel awful for skipping over them but I haven't slept a lot the past couple days. I wanna say like @Zinka and @Wessux were in there... Probably a little @Kandra...?

- Limb Counter - Fracture Relapsing -
"Honestly, I just love that it counts limbs." - Mizik Corten

Comments

• KenwayKenway San Francisco
    First round of "bug" fixes in.
    I may or may not have forgotten the fracture table.
    If you're a 2h using the @tfracks prompt tag your prompt will no longer vanish into the eldritch abyss.

Svo

WunderSys

Update
    -Druid lines (Thanks @Kei)
    -Dragon lines
    -Fixed an issue with Weaponmastery Rend not adding properly. (Thanks @Fendo)
    -Fixed an issue with Svo prompt tag breaking prompt (was a table/function conflict)
    -Added some GMCP stuff. Still working on this but there's some there now (Thanks @Keneanung‌)

• is there a new link?
    @Leviticus

For some reason some people couldn't get the download (especially those on IE) so moved both files to their own folder and just linking to the folder now and that seems to be working better. (Svo) for Svo, (Sys) for WunderSys.

• I mean, Vadi's limb counters were like $3 last I checked - but just out of curiosity, can you not use them if you don't have SVO?  I never tried.

• Not really, Svo provides a bunch of nice scripting features they make use of.
  • gooo kenway!
  • Won't lie, I've tried to strip SVO's out before. Bad things happened, and Vadi showed up at my house, tore my head off, defecated down my throat, then reattached my head, making me suffer, like a proper Mhaldorian.
  • I mean if you're only going to count hits, then I'd say it shouldn't be so hard that it requires using someone elses system.  It's really easy to code, the triggers are really easily attained and regex'd, and the script side of it is very simple and intuitive.  IMO it'd make a great "first project" for people learning LUA/Mudlet coding.  You can always borrow the triggers from systems like @Kenway's to help get you started, too.

Not saying the system isn't useful at all, btw, just saying that if you're getting into scripting, this would be a good thing to do yourself instead of just install-and-forget-ing a limb counter.
    Ernam said:
    I mean if you're only going to count hits, then I'd say it shouldn't be so hard that it requires using someone elses system.  It's really easy to code, the triggers are really easily attained and regex'd, and the script side of it is very simple and intuitive.  IMO it'd make a great "first project" for people learning LUA/Mudlet coding.  You can always borrow the triggers from systems like @Kenway's to help get you started, too.

Not saying the system isn't useful at all, btw, just saying that if you're getting into scripting, this would be a good thing to do yourself instead of just install-and-forget-ing a limb counter.
     Not everyone wants to learn to code just to play on the most basic level. I agree that when they get more serious most people will either opt to upgrade to a more advanced system or they will learn to code and rip this system apart and make it into their own. That's sort of the point of this entire project.

Don't assume something that comes easily for you is easy for everyone. This is actually quite a challenge for me and I'm working hard to keep up with bugs and fix everything and add features and give people individual help as issues arise. None of which are things I -enjoy- doing. I'm doing them because I want other people to be able to enjoy this game as much as I do and all the people who this sort of coding comes 'easily' for have, for whatever reason, not released anything of this sort.

Your statements are not inaccurate, but they are also not all-encompassing.

(Forgive me if this rings a tad defensive, as I said, working really hard on this. Only experience with code is Achaea. Not a computer programmer. This shit ain't easy and I'm just trying to help people out.)

• Yeah man sorry if that came out wrong, I think what you're doing is great, and I totally agree with you.  I wasn't saying that people shouldn't use it, I was just sayig that doing it yourself would be good for some people who are at that level.  Also didn't mean to make it sound demeaning or anything - getting into large scripts can be a real challenge, just because of difficulties of learning the ropes with Mudlet and LUA itself (learn to save REALLY often).

And of course, for anyone doing this, be sure to join the Mudlet clan.
    In other news:
     --- UPDATE ---
    -GMCP class detection now working.
    -Fixed an issue with hew where it wasn't tracking properly due to a typo where some hew lines include two spaces -and some do not. (Also TYPO'd this but should work even if/when it gets fixed)
    -Changed prompt tags from @tlimbs and @tfracks to @tarlimbs and @tarfracks because reasons.
    -Made it so hits will still register even if you don't cap your target's name.

• edited January 2015

with GMCP class detection: Beware, it doesn't change when you dragonform (I hate this - nothing in GMCP changes for dragon*, you have to track it with triggers).

*other than like, your stats
    >>insightful button goes here<<

• gmcp.Char.Status.race == "Dragon"
  • AustereAustere Tennessee
    Nemutaur said:
    gmcp.Char.Status.race == "Dragon"
    Just make sure you do the dragon check before the elseif class checks.
  • I can help with the sentinel triggers if you want, hit me up in game!
  • @Kenway
     Every Time I attack my prompt disappears and never comes back.
  • [ERROR:] object:<update limbcounter on prompt> function:<Trigger7057>
             <[string "function Trigger7057()..."]:2: attempt to compare string with number>
    [ERROR:] object:<Do stuffs.> function:<Trigger751>
             <[string "function tarlimbs()..."]:2: attempt to perform arithmetic on global 'breakpoint' 
    (a string value)>
    [ERROR:] object:<update limbcounter on prompt> function:<Trigger7057>
             <[string "function Trigger7057()..."]:2: attempt to compare string with number>

@Leviticus I believe you have an earlier version. Try updating. If that doesn't solve the issue, I will talk too you more personally so we can figure it out.

• I am interested in this limb counter, but the link under Wundersys in the OP is broken. Does anyone have a working copy of this limb counter?
  • edited February 2015
    Jitka said:
    I am interested in this limb counter, but the link under Wundersys in the OP is broken. Does anyone have a working copy of this limb counter?
    Working link here, I'll keep it up until Kenway fixes his.

Weird though, his link works for me here ... Need to click the links in the second post.

@Kenway, maybe put links to it in your sig.

• Thanks, Cynlael!
    edited February 2015
    Well the edit profile button seems to be MIA so I'll get on that signature thing as soon as I can!
    For now, use this!

Thanks, done.

• Do you have an updated version for the new Skirmishing addition?

@Borran I still need to collect lines for that.

• Ok, I downloaded and imported the packages... but nothing. Anything special to get the sys version to work?
  • edited May 2015
    You gotta put either @tarfracks or @tarlimbs into your wundersys custom prompt.
    or @tfracks / @tlimbs, I forget. Been a while since I've used my knight that has it.