Help me get back

Hello!

I need some help deciding what to do. This is not the first time I played Achaea but its been almost 10 years since I was actually actively playing. About two years ago I attempted to come back as a Sentinel but I guess it didn't work out because I didn't have enough time to make the advancement tests to be a full member of the House (or so I recall).  Also, I think I'm getting older and I can't read as fast as I used to so I'm getting lost of what's happening in the chat screen easily. *sigh* Competitive PVP is out of the question I fear.

Right now, I started out with a Human Runewarden. I know I would play sporadically (two times a week perhaps) and would focus on bashing/utility. But... I'm unsure if that would affect my joining to a house or if I should even try, even though I don't like to play alone. What would you recommend me to do?  

Comments

• I'd pick a non-combaty house (someone around here will probably chime in) and just play casually. Unless you're in Mhaldor, there won't be anyone yelling at you to get stuff done within X amount of time. Joining a House is definitely great for not playing alone though.
  • AchimrstAchimrst Nature
    edited January 2015
    Just join a city, you don't have requirements in a city and you still have a community to talk to.

Edit: Not usually any requirements anyway, some might ask you to join a house but you can just do it to get them to leave you alone about it.
  • edited January 2015
    A "non-combaty house"? Can someone suggest some? 

I'm currently from Cyrene if that helps. I did remember the Runewardens had their house there... altough I don't know if they would have a problem with me playing just casually. You could say I'm more familiar with the Sentinels but I don't know how advancement from novicehood is nowadays. 

I can still change my class if needed, right?

• TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!
    Soulnova said:

I'm currently from Cyrene if that helps. I did remember the Runewardens had their house there... altough I don't know if they would have a problem with me playing just casually. You could say I'm more familiar with the Sentinels but I don't know how advancement from novicehood is nowadays. 

@Soulnova take a look at the Outriders and the Virtuosi, for Cyrene
    Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

• Tharvis said:
    Soulnova said:

Interesting!  What kind of activities would I be expected to do with the Outriders or the Virtuosi? 
  • Cupcakes.
    I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.
  • Outriders = exploration and lore

Virtuosi = Art and design

• TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!
    Soulnova said:
    Tharvis said:
    Soulnova said:

Interesting!  What kind of activities would I be expected to do with the Outriders or the Virtuosi? 
    No idea about that, I'll direct you to @Trilliana and @Eril for those questions
    Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

• Tharvis said:
    Soulnova said:

@Soulnova take a look at the Merchants.
    ftfy
  • Alright, I talked to Perl in game and got a small explanation about what the Virtuosi do. I still need some more detailed input on the outriders and the Merchants in any case. ;)
  • Tharvis said:
    Soulnova said:
    Tharvis said:
    Soulnova said:

No idea about that, I'll direct you to @Trilliana and @Eril for those questions
    Well hi there, just noticed myself tagged here.

The Virtuosi is the 'Arts and Crafting' House in Cyrene.

The Outriders is the "Exploration and History" house - my opinion. I've been Virtuosi since it was opened!

CHELP HOUSES would be your best start for figuring out Cyrenian Houses. There's also the Merchants.
    meh

• Outriders are great.  We needed a house like that forever - but make sure you pick one of the right paths (which I don't remember this second).  Outriders leadership in general knows there are people like you (and me), but there was one path that was more bogged down in requirements, and as I understand it, led by a person who thinks "that's how everything should be" - thankfully they really are a minority very much overruled by more moderate leaders.  I really can't remember who/which path it was, but ask tactfully in game and you should be able to avoid that path (I did).  
  • Also, the Outrider House channels are always breezy and chatty (like a good House channel should be, per me).  
  • :3 Awesome!  

Ugh... such a hard question. I would like to relearn how to craft stuff again with the Virtuosi, but the Outriders sure sound promising. xD 

By the way, where can I get one of those nifty character banners??
  • The Virtuosi is extremely extensive when it comes to teaching crafting stuff - but I believe the Outriders has a task involving crafting. And there's always the Cyrenian Academy of Art and Design.
    meh

• KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Soulnova said:
    :3 Awesome!  

Ugh... such a hard question. I would like to relearn how to craft stuff again with the Virtuosi, but the Outriders sure sound promising. xD 

19.22 Banners
    Want to show off your Achaean character around the internet? Well now's your
    chance! We provide a series of banners for use on websites and as forum
    signatures for your use!
    To get started, simply type BANNERCODE and you'll be given the various options
    (HTML and BBCode) all ready to copy and paste. You'll notice that the link also
    has a referral link on it, which means you get rewarded for people clicking on
    your banner! See HELP REFLINK for all of the details.
    If you wish to hide you in-game affiliations, you may HIDEBANNERORGS, which
    will make your House and City appear as "hidden". You can reveal this
    information again with SHOWBANNERORGS.

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • Amarillys said:
    Klendathu said:
    Soulnova said:
    :3 Awesome!  

19.22 Banners
    Want to show off your Achaean character around the internet? Well now's your
    chance! We provide a series of banners for use on websites and as forum
    signatures for your use!
    To get started, simply type BANNERCODE and you'll be given the various options
    (HTML and BBCode) all ready to copy and paste. You'll notice that the link also
    has a referral link on it, which means you get rewarded for people clicking on
    your banner! See HELP REFLINK for all of the details.
    If you wish to hide you in-game affiliations, you may HIDEBANNERORGS, which
    will make your House and City appear as "hidden". You can reveal this
    information again with SHOWBANNERORGS.

Thank you both! 

Alright, I'll try to contact the Houses today and make a decision. 
  • Don't forget to ask the Merchants, too. They're kind of above and beyond every other house when it comes to trade skills.