London, baby!

Comments

• I can do a weekend in Feb. @Seftin‌

• MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    Remember that last meet you turned up to

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • I'll be in London on the 12th of February (but busy all day), then Cardiff the 13th-14th (also busy: seeing friends - but might have a few hours free), then passing through London (on the way back to Edinburgh) on the 15th.  I can arrange to have a few hours spare in London, probably.

By a happy coincidence, the Burton-upon-Trent Beer Festival that @Aurora mentioned is that weekend.  I could be persuaded to bail on my Cardiff friends for that...
  • Feck off.
  • Valentine's day spent drinking beer 5 miles from home? I cannot think of a better way to spend the weekend!! Go change class, @Seftin!!
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Adet said:
    I'll be in London on the 12th of February (but busy all day), then Cardiff the 13th-14th (also busy: seeing friends - but might have a few hours free), then passing through London (on the way back to Edinburgh) on the 15th.  I can arrange to have a few hours spare in London, probably.

By a happy coincidence, the Burton-upon-Trent Beer Festival that @Aurora mentioned is that weekend.  I could be persuaded to bail on my Cardiff friends for that...
    By what stretch of the imagination is London on the route from Cardiff to Edinburgh? M4, M25, M1 is far longer than M4, M5, M6, etc (my knowledge of motorways isn't that extensive), or on the train from Cardiff to Birmingham (don't believe Fox News, it's not full of terrorists) then Leeds, then over to Edinburgh

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
    maybe if you fly on a plane with variable destinations D: maybe she has a personal helicopter

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
  • All roads lead to Birmingham...
  • Klendathu said:
    Adet said:
    I'll be in London on the 12th of February (but busy all day), then Cardiff the 13th-14th (also busy: seeing friends - but might have a few hours free), then passing through London (on the way back to Edinburgh) on the 15th.  I can arrange to have a few hours spare in London, probably.

By what stretch of the imagination is London on the route from Cardiff to Edinburgh? M4, M25, M1 is far longer than M4, M5, M6, etc (my knowledge of motorways isn't that extensive), or on the train from Cardiff to Birmingham (don't believe Fox News, it's not full of terrorists) then Leeds, then over to Edinburgh
    I'm in London for an interview, and can get a return train ticket Edinburgh-London reimbursed - not sure whether they'll give me two sides of an Edinburgh - London - Cardiff - Edinburgh triangle, though.
    Mishgul said:
    maybe she has a private helicopter
    She is a he, and doesn't.
  • Well im flying back on the 16th it seems, so im there that weekend
  • when is this
  • Valentine's day!
  • Because you love us more than any of your "real life" "friends"!
    from the view of your elbows you look female, i apologise.

-

As drawn by Shayde
  • Hahaha, another meet for @Johomo to duck out of at the last minute, love it.

• wait.. people are coming to a place within bus distance for beer?
    I forsee a plan...

• Okay! So we're defs gonna be going then. The 6pm tickets on Sat the 14th of Feb. I guess I'll check closer to the time if anyone else happens to also be there. :smiley: 
    Jovolo do you have your mothers permission to leave the house?

-

As drawn by Shayde
  • edited January 2015
    If I can swing the trip out of the basement by her I think I can manage to get out of the front door.

Not that I'm promising anything.
  • edited January 2015
    We're heading for beautiful Burton-upon-Tent, then?  Sounds good to me!

This looks like a fun route around the country, with maximum efficiency!

Edinburgh - London - Cardiff - Burton on Trent - Edinburgh.  

• edited January 2015
    Oh hmm, I didn't actual realise it was that far outside of London. (I'm a noob) Will have to see.
  • Not to completely derail, but anyone gonna be around mid April? I'll be stopping by London on my way to Manchester.
    Replies the scorpion: "It's my nature..."
  • First week of new employment may scupper plans and plots. Dastardly employers, confirming the start date already.
  • OuraniaOurania The Garden of the Gods
    Sadly (and predictably), I have LARP that weekend. I will see if I can send Aurora with some of my brownies for you all.

• Well ive been reminded that the UK has actual public transport. So im gonna do my best to make a plan either way.
  • I'm going to book travel and accommodation for this and the rest of my trip by the end of the week - so if this isn't going to happen, please let me know by then...
  • edited January 2015
    I can't do valentines day or that weekend, nor do I want to associate myself with any of you, you scum bags. @Aurora, I will not change class just so you can attend a meet, what do you think I am, your puppet to dance to the tunes you peddle?! (I went jester, you can go).

EDIT

Lets do a meet on the 21st.
  • Work rules me out for at least the next month or so :(
  • The Cool Kids of Targossas (well, me and @Tibitha) are meeting in London for coffee on Sunday afternoon (around 3pm, but dependent on trains), somewhere near Kings Cross station. Anyone fancy joining us?