Expansion of arena games

Hi!

I noticed it feels like there are some things missing from a few of the games. Having a few more options would make the arena games a lot more enjoyable to work with, but I don't know how difficult they would be to code. Here's a few ideas:

Bait the frog: an option to configure how long someone has to hold the fly, so they can't just instantly give it to someone else.

Free-for-all: an option for teams, including sizes/team numbers, so something like 2v2v2v2, 3v3v3, etc. becomes possible

Freezetag: an option for teams, see free-for-all for an example

Rampage: an alternate system - instead of a timed FFA, something like kill counts and points

CVA: options like teams, resetting blade, maybe a few others?

KOTH: options for multiple teams, multiple flags/hills?

TOTF: maybe teams and an option for multiple beasts, or how many beasts are in the arena?

Just a few ideas, some of these are sort of possible without hardcode like unofficial team FFA's, but if it would be simple to add, I think stuff like this would be a lot of fun to play with.

i'm a rebel

Comments

• Always thought it was strange we didnt have a Team Deathmatch mode
  • edited October 2014

Theres a ton of potential for the arena that is so far untapped.  Maybe after knights and multiclass (and ships) we can look into some new concepts entirely.

I always thought it'd be cool if we could fight in "instances" of an area, like a mini Delos, Thera, or UW.  Your ideas are really good too.  Sorry if that's a bit of a derail.

• Bump. Any possibility of anything like this when time permits, @Tecton @Sarapis @Makarios? There's a lot of directions you guys can go with this, and I think it would be a pretty exciting addition to the current arena system.

i'm a rebel

• KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    You get nothing until they put Jousting in as an option for city arenas.