Recent Change to Runelore - Isaz

Comments

• XerXer Langley
    edited January 2015
    "Its important to note here you can't reengage while off eq from sketching." - Did you mean you can't re-engage while off 'balance' from sketching runes? Because that's also not true since I just did this right now. https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/ed0b8cbf
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    e^(iπ) + 1 = 0
  • Arador said:
    Kenway said:
    The preventative action removes your engage on the target so you'll have to re-engage if you want to keep it going. 
    Could you explain that please? What preventative action? 
    You engage me with Isaz in room. I try to move. The isaz rune effect procs and you get a message about hitting me as I try to flee, stopping me. You are no longer engaged on me. I am off balance for ~2 seconds, and if you do not re-engage, I can leave. If you do re-engage, it may proc a successive times after.
  • Oops, guess that part isn't working. I'll fix it at the same time.
  • edited January 2015
  • Do any classes have balanceless force left? Force disengage/move would be pretty fun.
  • Jester and Occultist
  • Bard can (presumably) sing epic/move. (Yay).
  • edited January 2015
    I suppose serpent could keep it in their back pocket as part of a hypnosis chain if they wanted too.

You know...for those that forget they can just evade
  • Sort of related to this topic, does anyone else notice engage randomly dropping? - https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/04a5e21f

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • Sort of related to this topic, does anyone else notice engage randomly dropping? - https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/04a5e21f
    That's what it looks like when someone evades away while you're engaging. Seftin is Blademaster, right?

• I've noticed it randomly dropping occasionally too, never been able to nail down any particular reason for it (and no, it wasn't somebody evading, the target was still in the room afterwards).
  • KenwayKenway San Francisco
    Trey said:
    Sort of related to this topic, does anyone else notice engage randomly dropping? - https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/04a5e21f
    That's what it looks like when someone evades away while you're engaging. Seftin is Blademaster, right?
    I've had it happen at seemingly random times as well like while fighting Aerek on several occasions and other's which I can't specifically recall. I have a promp tag that lights up while engaged so I just put it back up, but would be very annoying mid combat if it dropped and I missed you missed it. Granted there's no real reason not to keep it up using variables since you can do it while off balance and it's eq is shorter than most balance times.

- Limb Counter - Fracture Relapsing -
    "Honestly, I just love that it counts limbs." - Mizik Corten
  • A big deficiency of this change that I just realized: You can't sketch in a flooded room.

Folks who hole up in flooded rooms are still immune to thurisaz and hugalaz/isaz unless you buy that one artefact.
    ~Kresslack's obsession~
  • Trey said:
    Sort of related to this topic, does anyone else notice engage randomly dropping? - https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/04a5e21f
    Seftin's runewarden now. Surprise surprise :open_mouth: 

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • Addama said:
    You can't sketch in a flooded room.

good 
  • Jovolo said:
    Addama said:

good 
    So the solution to fighting somebody in a flooded room as Two Hander Runie is... ask nicely for them to leave?
    ~Kresslack's obsession~
  • Welcome to the momentum club. 

Though, constructively, I could see an argument being made for Isaz being exempt from the water requirements and just being permitted as sketchable regardless of the room's environment type. Everything else in runelore should obviously remain as-is. 
  • Addama said:
    Jovolo said:
    Addama said:

good 
    So the solution to fighting somebody in a flooded room as Two Hander Runie is... ask nicely for them to leave?
    You could also try asking them nicely to not leave.
  • Alternatively, pay to win. This is Achaea, after all.
  • edited January 2015
    Jovolo said:
    Alternatively, pay to win. This is Achaea, after all.
    Isn't that more like, pay to play?

Strategy: Sit in a flooded room.
    Counter: $280.

E: Constructively though, I don't mind this being the case with other runes.  The new Specs don't rely so much on predamage, I don't need a Thursaz stack/Hugalaz to make a kill sequence reliable.  So if this just changed for Isaz, I'd be happy.
    ~Kresslack's obsession~
  • I lurve my sceptre. Water? What water. :3
    When Canada rules the world,
    things will be... nii~ice.
  • XerXer Langley
    edited January 2015
    Hrm. I don't really seem to have that problem occur for me. Is there any kind of pattern to the disengaging? Before/after Impales of DSB's perhaps?
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    e^(iπ) + 1 = 0
  • Silly question, what is the counter, other than the Daklore's not currently for sale (and also quite expensive) sceptre.  Apologies if I missed it.
  • The wax stick artefact (not sure of the exact name) that lets you sketch ground runes in water rooms.
  • Xer said:
    Hrm. I don't really seem to have that problem occur for me. Is there any kind of pattern to the disengaging? Before/after Impales of DSB's perhaps?
    happens to me too randomly, not sure if its a bug in an alias or something. Not impale related.
  • The nice thing is you only have to flood the room once. After that, the Runie's tears maintain the water level. 

• Nemutaur said:
    Xer said:
    happens to me too randomly, not sure if its a bug in an alias or something. Not impale related.
    this has been happening for like a decade iirc... Engage goes down randomly a lot.  I just assumed it was how it was meant to be.
  • Has anybody tested if this works against Backflip?  And if it does, is that a bug, like Tumbling?
    ~Kresslack's obsession~
  • Puppet Bind > Engage
  • Does the damage hit you if the escape fails?