Details:
When sketched upon the ground, this rune calls forth a rumbling from the
earth to unbalance your enemies.

Additionally, you will be able to enhance your abilities with an
empowered weapon, allowing you to prevent enemies from fleeing your
grasp. This must be used in conjunction with the engage ability in
chivalry.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I didn't see any announce about this but this is a thing and it works and I think it's great.
(Also currently stops tumble which is stupid but assuming that's a bug)

DISCUSS!!

- Limb Counter - Fracture Relapsing -
"Honestly, I just love that it counts limbs." - Mizik Corten

Comments

• KenwayKenway San Francisco
    While Isaz is sketched in the room and your target is both enemied and engaged by you, attempts to leave the room have an extremely high chance of failing and throwing them off balance for ~2s. In my testing out of a little over a hundred leave attempts there were under twenty successful escapes. The preventative action removes your engage on the target so you'll have to re-engage if you want to keep it going. This is presumably to balance the fact that Isaz also prones and throws off balance passively as long as the target is in the room. If the target -is- successful in fleeing, they still hit engage and are damaged as normal.

- Limb Counter - Fracture Relapsing -
    "Honestly, I just love that it counts limbs." - Mizik Corten
  • edited January 2015
    I just pooped myself a little.

E: It's less useful for Dual Blunt/Two Handed, since you need an empowered weapon, but Two Handed can get around this by just using Bastard and besides, blunt empowerments are coming.
    ~Kresslack's obsession~
  • Hasar pls
    ~Kresslack's obsession~
  • It stops tumble. I love it, and wish I still had my 2Hander.

"You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else."

-Albert Einstein

• rounds out runie very nicely with a few downsides such as less wunjo/nairat spam or dagaz+uruz and keeps piety/gravehands factional advantages because they are both instant (isaz takes about 3.5 sec to complete before it works) and can be used on multiple people/different rooms.  All runies can use each others isaz with runeblades and infernal/pallie/bm can't piggyback it with engage.  Pretty perfectly done.

super solid.
  • edited January 2015
    Wow, thanks for posting this.  Even as a non-com, I think I can say it's absolutely unprecedented for runies to have a serious "stay in the room dammit" thing other than walls (which are kind of a bitch to put up, and are now a lot easier to take down than they used to be).  
  • Aelios said:
    It stops tumble. I love it, and wish I still had my 2Hander.
    I don't think you can re-engage off balance though, which is the massive drawback for Two Handed.
    ~Kresslack's obsession~
  • you can
  • edited January 2015
    ANNOUNCE NEWS #4254
    Date: 01/04/2015 at 02:06
    To : Everyone
    Subj: Runelore tweaks

We've loaded up a few small tweaks and additions, mainly concerning Runewardens. Here's the details:

* Blunt weapons can now be empowered, and the basic weapon runes have been tweaked to have different effects when etched on a blunt weapon:
    - LAGUA will give a blunt weapon the chance to bypass rebounding.
    - LAGUZ will still confer a bonus to limb damage, but a lower quantity.
    - LAGUL will cause a small amount of bleeding on blunt attacks.

* ISAZ now meshes better with ENGAGE, if ISAZ is present, and your opponent is engaged with an empowered weapon, it has a chance to knock them off balance when they attempt to flee.

* Loki's tear will now always double the output of a toxicology boiling/hydrate.

E: Chance to bypass rebounding seems... eh.  I wouldn't want to risk it.
    Limb damage bonus is neat, bleeding is okay for health pressure.
    Hugalaz/Nairat will likely be the strongest runes.  Eihwaz is pointless, Pithakhan is somewhat pointless.
    ~Kresslack's obsession~
  • Instead of having a chance to bypass rebounding it could be guaranteed but on a cooldown (or guaranteed within random, but visible-to-the-user windows of time).
  • Sure, you wouldn't want to risk doing it intentionally but it's a nice passive bonus that's there if you hit rebounding by mistake as dual blunt. Since they're always on, no compromise runes they're not going to be huge bonuses.
  • Antonius said:
    Sure, you wouldn't want to risk doing it intentionally but it's a nice passive bonus that's there if you hit rebounding by mistake as dual blunt. Since they're always on, no compromise runes they're not going to be huge bonuses.
    Two are pretty much identical to the Cutting runes, the third Cutting rune increases DSB damage by about 10%, which is a nice, reliable buff. 

What if the third reduced balance on Assault(*), Devastate, and Skullcrack?

*: From my testing with Kellonius, this isn't terribly necessary, as even forged Morningstars are fast enough to beat restoration on head.
    ~Kresslack's obsession~
  • WessuxWessux Chattanooga
    Hasar said:
    Of note, it affects tumble. NERF PLS.
    Has this happened yet? Cause it freaking needs to.  
    Invest in a 9mm retirement plan.
  • Wessux said:
    Hasar said:
    Why?
  • Wessux said:
    Hasar said:
    Runewarden Dual Blunt/Two-Handed/Sword and Board don't have Lunge anymore, so if you tumble out, I can't rush into the next room to follow.  In addition, we don't have any abilities to force you to cancel tumble.  I think it's fair.
    ~Kresslack's obsession~
  • edited January 2015
    Dji said:
    Wessux said:
    Hasar said:
    Why?
    Need tumble for most classes to survive artied Runie finishers.
  • DjiDji
    edited January 2015
    Iakimen said:
    Dji said:
    Wessux said:
    Hasar said:
    Why?
    Because for most classes you need tumble to survive artied Runie finishers.

It's less than two seconds off balance. And you need to reengage or they can just leave after. Doesn't seem like it's that powerful really.
  • WessuxWessux Chattanooga
    Dji said:
    Wessux said:
    Hasar said:
    Why?
    In short nothing stops tumble. It is the  get out of dodge ability. The only things that force you to cancel tumble have long balance times, and only very select few classes have that ability. This pretty much means that any finisher that runewarden has will be inescapable. And stepping away from 1v1 combat in raids it would be ridiculous.  This is an advantage no one has and no one should have. 
    Invest in a 9mm retirement plan.
  • Dji said:
    Iakimen said:
    Dji said:
    Wessux said:
    Hasar said:
    Why?

It's less than two seconds off balance. And you need to reengage or they can just leave after. Doesn't seem like it's that powerful really.
    Re-engage isn't a problem. Don't think you realize that you can do it off-bal.
  • I'm just worried about the implications it has for being unable to escape thurisaz x3/hugalaz. The strength of windup combos was balanced by the threat of the target just leaving. With this, tumble having a 4/5 chance of failing takes that balance away.

i'm a rebel

• Iakimen said:
    Dji said:
    Iakimen said:
    Dji said:
    Wessux said:
    Hasar said:
    Why?

Does it not add to your time when off balance when you do?
  • Dji said:
    Iakimen said:
    Dji said:
    Iakimen said:
    Dji said:
    Wessux said:
    Hasar said:
    Why?

Does it not add to your time when off balance when you do?
    It costs EQ, so no.
    ~Kresslack's obsession~
  • Well then, in that case, it probably shouldn't block tumble.
  • Yeah that's..... Wow. 

• It's been bugged and it'll get fixed. The reason it hits tumble right now (I assume) is that it's being based on anything that procs engage will proc the rune effect. Calm thy titties
  • Kenway said:
    The preventative action removes your engage on the target so you'll have to re-engage if you want to keep it going. 
    Could you explain that please? What preventative action?