Upgrading Artefacts

KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
When you upgrade an artefact to the next available level, do you pay the price listed or the difference between the two? Bows, for example:

Ranger's Bow:  250 credits ( 7% faster) - Shooting: +100 credits
   Velocity Bow:  550 credits (14% faster) - Shooting: +250 credits
   Lupine Bow:   1000 credits (22% faster) - Shooting: +500 credits

Best Answers

Answers

• KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    You pay the difference and, despite the warning, the customisation usually goes with it. For example, when I was preparing to change to bard, I bought a level 1 rapier and had it customised, upgrading to level 3 when I traded in my level 3 knuckles and only paying the difference between the level 1 and level 3 rapier. There's IG commands so you don't even have to email anyone: ARTEFACT (artefact) UPGRADE.

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • Bows are trickier, if you are a shooting class (knight/serp) then you only pay the base price difference. If you're not a shooting class then you pay the base price and the shooting price for every upgrade.

(Might have to message Tecton if you have shooting and you want to upgrade, had a few people complain they get quoted the non-shooting class price)