Answer my questions, win an imaginary cookie

2»

Comments

• VayneVayne Rhode Island
    Valnurana said:
    I can try to clear up a little bit here - me being "back" in Hashan isn't wholly accurate, as I never really left the city. Ups and downs in activity, sure, and I'm not often visible on QWHO (and consequently CWHO etc.) due to the quiet nature of the character, so it's sometimes questioned whether I'm dormant or not. Either way it has been... oh, 8 or 9 years since that was actually true.

Regarding the situation with the Serpentlords leaving Hashan, it has about as much to do with my in-game role as, say, Cyrene or Mhaldor's renaissance. In this case, players on both sides are very much responsible for the end result. Do note that I don't push my influence on the orgs that invite me to be their patron (Serpentlords), let alone ones where I am not the patron (Hashan). That is all very deliberate - it has always been my view (IC and OOC) that, in general, mortals should be the ones running mortal orgs.

Of course there are exceptions where gods certainly need to step in as administrators, like when house leaders decide to kick everyone out of the house, or when a city renaissance needs to be orchestrated. But I hope it's clear to the players I work with when something is OOC like that.

Anyway, if I had been involved in this whole thing from an IC perspective, you all would know because I sure would have put myself in the events news post!

Sorry for the overkill on your questions, @Vansittart!
    Right, and to be clear, I don't think anyone is holding you or Valnurana responsible for misdeed or wrongdoing. Valnurana has long been somewhat aloof to the city and that is fine, but from an IC stance while Hashan still regards her history with them, she is not really actively involved in its affairs.
  • It is kind of hilarious to see how everyone NOT involved in the decision that the Serpentlords moved away from Hashan starts talking about how they decided to kick the Serpentlords out of Hashan.

Yes, the regency decided to enemy Serpentlords. Nothing new there. But it was the House that ended up deciding to screw Hashan and just move out officially. Hashan was not involved in the discussions we had with the Divine about that, as far as I am told. I must admit that I don't know if they were asked after we asked to be allowed to leave the place, but the original request to be allowed to leave Hashan came from us. I agree that it was after the regency decided for continuous bullying that we left, but I would not say that is something they should be as proud of as they actually seem to be here or in game.
  • TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!
    Lacertix said:
    It is kind of hilarious to see how everyone NOT involved in the decision that the Serpentlords moved away from Hashan starts talking about how they decided to kick the Serpentlords out of Hashan.

Yes, the regency decided to enemy Serpentlords. Nothing new there. But it was the House that ended up deciding to screw Hashan and just move out officially. Hashan was not involved in the discussions we had with the Divine about that, as far as I am told. I must admit that I don't know if they were asked after we asked to be allowed to leave the place, but the original request to be allowed to leave Hashan came from us. I agree that it was after the regency decided for continuous bullying that we left, but I would not say that is something they should be as proud of as they actually seem to be here or in game.
    it was a unanimous vote to no longer consider the serpentlords a hashani house if the ultimatum wasn't followed, decided and voted on before the ultimatum was posted.
    Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

• So, "You can't fire me, I quit!" or something of the sort?

Not that I am up to date for the concerns of meatbags, but I like to think that both Hashan and the Serpentlords are right, from different IC viewpoints - Hashan seeing themselves as getting rid of what they see as a bothersome parasite, and the Serpentlords releasing themselves from what they see as a poisoned host. 

This is, of course, ignoring the OOC discussions made before this event, as outsiders are normally not privy to these unless explicitly noted in forums.

• TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!
    Synbios said:
    So, "You can't fire me, I quit!" or something of the sort?

Not that I am up to date for the concerns of meatbags, but I like to think that both Hashan and the Serpentlords are right, from different IC viewpoints - Hashan seeing themselves as getting rid of what they see as a bothersome parasite, and the Serpentlords releasing themselves from what they see as a poisoned host. 

This is, of course, ignoring the OOC discussions made before this event, as outsiders are normally not privy to these unless explicitly noted in forums.
    @Synbios wins the internet.
    Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

• Well you could easily say that the whole situation did result from the Serpent Lords.

The Serpent Lords decided not to take any appropriate action in-game which lead to Hashan kicking them out.

They decided not to do anything about one of their members getting enemied to Hashan, so they in effect chose no longer to be an Hashan House due to the events that unfolded as a result thereafter.

But enough of the IG politics spewing into here. I'm happy to give my full and honest opinion on the situation IC should anyone ask. Will lead to nothing but animosity here on the forums. Jukilian is the Minister of Security after all and isn't a darkwalker and even if he were there is nothing to lie or obfuscate about the situation.

Sorry about the derailing! (Hurrah for politics)
  • Interesting that this actually did happen. The Serpentlords disbanded as a House, which I never thought would happen. I simply thought that they'd stay enemied until the Renaissance blew up their House.
  • I think Hashan and the Serpentlords are both badasses in all of this for their own reasons and the tension they've created from a past alliance crumbling provides so much for each organization to move forward with that everyone's a winner.

This discussion has been closed.