Answer my questions, win an imaginary cookie

Hello!

So I don't really play any more, but I like to dabble.  Sometimes though I get curious about stuff because I still <3 Achaea with all my heart, and yes I could just log in and put in the hours so I can have these questions answered but consider this: (i) Warlords of Draenor just came out, and I am super enjoying sitting in a queue for three hours while watching Arrested Development, (ii) I have no willpower and I'll just get addicted again and then have to like run all of your organisations and ascend and no-one wants that, and (iii) I am offering an IMAGINARY COOKIE for answers!

My questions are fourfold:
  • Lorielan came back.  OMFG, that is so exciting.  Is She evil now (like evil with a small e not a seven truthsy Evil with a capital)?  Is She part of any orgs?  Is everyone like shunning her and stuff?  Does She seem to have a plan of some kind?  Please don't tell me about crystal realm stuff because that never made any sense to me.  Just the basics.
  • Did @Silas leave Targ?  Has he just like quit?  If so, where does he get nudes of barely legal teens?  Has he joined another org?  Does he still love me?
  • Is @Thoth dormant now?  I think I read that somewhere.
  • What are the current god alliances/Garden dynamics from an IC perspective?
Don't delay, win a cookie today!

Comments

• edited November 2014

1) Yes, but she may as well be a new God.  New player, new RP, new attitude, no affiliation with anything that she used to have.

2) No, but yes.  He only plays forums.

3) No, he's back (or at least was, recently?).

4) Everything is pretty much org-defined now, unfortunately, with a few minor exceptions.  Loreilan might be the only significant & active god that isn't either officially or unofficially (see: Phaestus) linked to a specific city.

• I am prepared to offer half a cookie for those answers.  Follow up question: @Phaestus - dormant?

The @Lorielan stuff though is really missing the point.  The whole thing of Her return is, I presume, that She was playing a long game all this time (or underwent a massive change of heart for some interesting reasons).  Have we had any steer on those things?  I love the idea that She's staying unaligned for now - She's cool enough to be Her own damn faction. 
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    edited November 2014
    Phaestus is dormant, I'm afraid. :(

From what I understand of Lorielan's return, she is wholly focused on Knowledge and overcoming any obstacles to it, such as emotion. She seems quite cold. I would not say she's evil, and as far as I know she does not currently have any involvement with any orgs. Everyone with her so far has been on a quiet scale, mostly within her own followers (or to be followers) and occasionally with Targossas (she and Daeir had a bit of a face off, from my understanding).

Edit:

• Lorielan came back.  OMFG, that is so exciting.  Is She evil now (like evil with a small e not a seven truthsy Evil with a capital)?  Is She part of any orgs?  Is everyone like shunning her and stuff?  Does She seem to have a plan of some kind?  Please don't tell me about crystal realm stuff because that never made any sense to me.  Just the basics.
    • Did @Silas leave Targ?  Has he just like quit?  If so, where does he get nudes of barely legal teens?  Has he joined another org?  Does he still love me?
    • Is @Thoth dormant now?  I think I read that somewhere.
    • What are the current god alliances/Garden dynamics from an IC perspective?
    Don't delay, win a cookie today!
    Going a bit more in depth, Silas is just dormant because he decided to have a life. He's still Targossian. Aurora's peacock would never leave.

Thoth... I don't think he's dormant, but I don't think he plays on the world stage in any form, in any way, at all, ever. I question the validity of his activity, but I'll leave some room for doubt.

Current alliances is very factional-heavy. Most of the active Gods have a strong presence in the cities - Lorielan is the exception to this, though I uncertain how "strong" of a force she is just this moment. Cyrene is very quiet in terms of Gods right now (Scarlatti seems busy), Eleusis has Gaia, Hashan has Ourania and Twilight (and Valnurana on a more quiet scale), Ashtan has Vastar and apparently Babel? this remains somewhat unconfirmed. Targossas has mostly Aurora with some Deucalion. Sartan is around and being his Bad-ass self. Pandora I believe is around but is Pandora.

I would say Cyrene could use a bit more active God(s) right now, and in general the world could use a few more neutral(ish) Gods. Overall you don't hear the Gods talking a whole lot, so the world stage is somewhat quiet, but I suspect that's because of all the things going on behind the scenes right now. We're apparently due some RP events, big ones, at some point (and in fact Mhaldor is in the middle of dealing with the end of theirs, which is why I didn't respond right away when I saw your post).
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • edited November 2014
    Melodie said:
    Pandora I believe is around but is Pandora.

chuckled.  I heart Pandora.

She's a citizen of Ashtan btw.

I actually like Pandora, she used to visit Cyrene while I was still there. She's adorable. She's just definitely not (usually) a God who is going to shake things up as far as the gameworld goes.

Usually being the keyword here!
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • Cookies for Melodie =)

Babel is a ? because he's gone really quiet?  Maybe dormantish?  Also @Valnurana is back in Hashan properly?  Looks like an interesting set-up, but would be nice to see the Gods a *bit* separate from the cities/orgs or I think you're missing out on some factional angles there.  But if that's the price that needs to be paid to have the orgs performing their narrative roles I guess it's a price worth paying.

Also: Pandora :/ 
    Cookies for Melodie =)

Babel is a ? because he's gone really quiet?  Maybe dormantish?  Also @Valnurana is back in Hashan properly?  Looks like an interesting set-up, but would be nice to see the Gods a *bit* separate from the cities/orgs or I think you're missing out on some factional angles there.  But if that's the price that needs to be paid to have the orgs performing their narrative roles I guess it's a price worth paying.

Cookies!

Babel went fully dormant for a long while, but there's been a recent stir where a "thing" in the lake/whatever in the caverns of ewhatevertheheckitis slipped out and killed someone, and Dunn is posting to public about Babel's return. There's otherwise not been anything as far as world-scale goes, so it remains a ? for the moment.

Valnurana is indeed back in Hashan fully, though she's mostly in the background and leaves things to Twilight and Ourania, so I don't think there's much being missed - she mostly focuses on her Order, from what I'm given to understand (someone else is free to clarify here, I don't keep up with Valnurana happenings very closely).
  • edited November 2014
    Cookies for Melodie =)

Well, a major portion of the playerbase (myself included) have the opinion that Gods having an active role in city leadership/ideology makes things a lot more fun, and there are only so many active gods to go around.

• TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!
    Melodie said:
    <snip>
    <snip>
    Valnurana is indeed back in Hashan fully, though she's mostly in the background and leaves things to Twilight and Ourania, so I don't think there's much being missed - she mostly focuses on her Order, from what I'm given to understand (someone else is free to clarify here, I don't keep up with Valnurana happenings very closely).
    not sure about this one, to be honest. I don't think Valn returned to hashan after the trial (i.e. after her willing departure from the city) though I could be wrong.
    Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

I remember seeing some kind of event and some of the people I was chatting with going "Oh neat, the whole Triune is back together, that's interesting". To be fair that was a while ago, and I have not taken great notice of what she's been doing other than the occasional public stuff about the Dream realm.
  • For a bonus cookie, I just read the news and the Serpentlords have left Hashan?  What gives?  Paging @Vayne, paging @Vayne
  • VayneVayne Rhode Island
    edited November 2014
    Well, this of course is only my side of the story, but basically we got tired of their hijinks and kicked and enemied their leadership after the final straw with them throwing their support behind one of their members who had been branded a traitor. Things went downhill quickly, shrines were removed, shops were seized, worm hubs were canceled, icons attacked. 

In the end it seems the remnant was made into a high clan with Valnurana's help.
    Valnurana has only had very limited involvement taking over the SL after they turned on Ourania. I would not say she sorta our is involved with Hashan's well being like the other two. She has only been patron of the Hashan problem children merchants and SL.
  • Who wants to try and be Tanris? I like outside.

• BluefBluef Delos
    edited November 2014
    Vayne said:
    Valnurana has only had very limited involvement taking over the SL after they turned on Ourania. I would not say she sorta our is involved with Hashan's well being like the other two. She has only been patron of the Hashan problem children merchants and SL.
    Another perspective is to suggest that she was very much involved in Hashan's well being when the SL were there. Just stepping into that situation and filling the role of their patron was looking out for Hashan's best interest. Where you might see her as a super nanny though, others recognize her fulfilling her natural role as a protector and healer in the game. She takes things that have been broken or injured and mends them, helps them aspire to who they want to become again.

[Note: That last statement is not to imply that the SL or its difficulties originated with them, ie. that they broke themselves. I just don't want to re-hash what happened to their House just prior to Valnurana's emergence as their patron. I think most people already know this story.]

By the way, Valnurana recently created a whole new altar room in Hashan with some pretty amazing dream-related reactions from the crystal bowl found there. She also attended Hashan's masquerade (even though they practically gave the other two divine a throne to sit on and she was left standing about). 

I do agree that she has very limited involvement in Hashan's governance and while I don't aim to speak for her directly, as that would be foolish and rude, my IC understanding is that Triune is not back together. Valnurana seems to maintain an interest in Hashan as an age-long protector. I thinks he cleared this up on another thread here on the forums herself not too terribly long ago, actually.

Edit: I knew Thoth was dormant a bit ago (the last time the Curia saw him was early this RL year, I think), but perhaps some of Antreus' stirrings on the forums are having an impact because the last time I checked he was being played by an adventurer again. 

• MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    Lethargy is illegal in Hashan is the only -bry excuse I could think of.

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
    @Bluef‌, that's fine. Additionally, I know she has other responsibilities  as an admin too, but in taking patronage of both the merchants and Serpentlords no resolution was found for the city, just the houses. She has been virtually silent towards the city and its concerns. If she was forthright with that being her intention that would be different, but there has been no indication there of. Perhaps that is because of the parties involved but if she wants to play the mediator than again why wouldn't she say anything?
  • Good Lord, people really have no shame with the abuse flag do they.

@Silas, that's exactly what I was after. Smooches.  Bit disappointed that Hashan is still so riven with internal discord they needed to boot a House, but it's been obvious that the only way to fix it for a while was for someone with some balls to burn it down, and win a total victory even at the cost of some temporary trouble and population decrease.  I'm guessing the patrons are on board if the SL have been dumped so that's all gravy.

God, I wish people would never take a prayerful watch and wait approach with anything, let alone something so potentially awesome as the Lorielan Situation.  Why don't people have balls?  I miss leaders with balls.

Nice to see Mhaldor on the up again, but Ashtan really does need a plan or a purpose or something.  I mean, I know it's purpose is to be purposeless while attracting as many PKers as possible but man, that's boring.  I really don't understand why the people who join Ashtan to make it more Ashtany don't go somewhere else.  Players with power have so many more fun options.

Ah well, there we go.
  • BluefBluef Delos
    edited November 2014
    Vayne said:
    @Bluef‌, that's fine. Additionally, I know she has other responsibilities  as an admin too, but in taking patronage of both the merchants and Serpentlords no resolution was found for the city, just the houses. She has been virtually silent towards the city and its concerns. If she was forthright with that being her intention that would be different, but there has been no indication there of. Perhaps that is because of the parties involved but if she wants to play the mediator than again why wouldn't she say anything?
    I really can't speak to that. It's something she'd need to respond to. Not that any divine really needs to explain their actions or inactions to any mortal or city though.

There was a mess left behind and she stepped in and helped clean it up, tended to the wounded, and helped them achieve their dreams. That's the RP basis as I understand it. In the end, her work helped the SL and by helping them to aspire and achieve their goals she helped Hashan indirectly.

To clarify, I'm not sure I saw her as a mediator in that regard. My original response didn't intend to indicate that she was. Gods can do things to help a city along indirectly after all. Hashan has benefited from her assistance in recent days was the main point of it.
  • edited November 2014
    Other games have the same problem.  EVE Online is in a rut because the people who own Supercapitals (like the name implies, big ships) flock to one of the three or four coalitions that will actually use them and can actually protect them.  So there's three or four groups with huge blobs of Supercapitals and dozens of smaller ones with like zero.

Just imagine instead of Supercapitals, it's relics and Jhui.
    ~Kresslack's obsession~
  • Addama said:
    Other games have the same problem.  EVE Online is in a rut because the people who own Supercapitals (like the name implies, big ships) flock to one of the three or four coalitions that will actually use them and can actually protect them.  So there's three or four groups with huge blobs of Supercapitals and dozens of smaller ones with like zero.

Just imagine instead of Supercapitals, it's relics and Jhui.
    Actually, EVE's rut is quickly disappearing. Force projecting got seriously gutted, so the ability to control vast swathes of null-sec is going away. There's a massive "solar system" in W-space opening up that you can't even use supercaps with, and a bunch of other really, really nice things coming soon, now that they're on shorter update cycles.

... Have to defend my internet spaceships. <.<
    Bluef said:
    Vayne said:
    I really can't speak to that. It's something she'd need to respond to. Not that any divine really needs to explain their actions or inactions to any mortal or city though.

There was a mess left behind and she stepped in and helped clean it up, tended to the wounded, and helped them achieve their dreams. That's the RP basis as I understand it. In the end, her work helped the SL and by helping them to aspire and achieve their goals she helped Hashan indirectly.

To clarify, I'm not sure I saw her as a mediator in that regard. My original response didn't intend to indicate that she was. Gods can do things to help a city along indirectly after all. Hashan has benefited from her assistance in recent days was the main point of it.
    Once again I agree that might have been Her intention and that she has no prerogative to divulge her work to mortals, but consequently neither can you assume that to we should be aware and calculate that potential intent with little to no indication  of it IC or OOC.
  • Vayne said:
    Bluef said:
    Vayne said:

Once again I agree that might have been Her intention and that she has no prerogative to divulge her work to mortals, but consequently neither can you assume that to we should be aware and calculate that potential intent with little to no indication  of it IC or OOC.
    I'm really not following you anymore. She just revised a room in Hashan with cool reactions and whatnot, attended some events there, etc. I'm not sure why Hashan would assume she had anything other than its best interests at heart. I think y'all are just taking this veiled in obscurity thing a bit too far.
  • Ernam said:

For a bonus cookie, I just read the news and the Serpentlords have left Hashan?  What gives?  Paging @Vayne, paging @Vayne

When I raid the news post about them bailing on Hashan, I read it as:

"We acknowledge how much Hashan sucks and that we're getting dragged down, and simultaneously don't want our House to get deleted in its Renaissance like all the other serpent houses (RIP), so we're bailing to gtfo while we still can."

IMO it's 100% badass, if that's really how it played out.  I wish more Houses had done the same, instead of just flushing everything down the toilet.

You're almost there, except it's more the other way around.

The Serpent Lords were dragging Hashan down so Hashan gave them an ultimatum and kicked them out as a result of it.
This discussion has been closed.