Speed up totem implanting in cities in which you are a citizen

We got rid of repairing rooms for a reason - re-implanting after a raid definitely wastes useful game time and doesn't add anything for any player. Make it take 2 minutes with a runic gauntlet, 4 without one if you're a citizen in your city. That's more than enough time for the opposition to contest an implant if they want to come back in the same spot but cuts down on it a fair amount.

Comments

• Yes please.
    ~Kresslack's obsession~
  • takes 3 times as long to uproot in a city rather than out, you want implant time cut too?

Don't really care, but the realization that totems don't need to be in every room is a great start.
  • MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    edited November 2014
    I have this suspicion that Jhui cares.

I also care, but cities should have an alternative to totems really, because totems are a very estranging mechanic in a multiplayer game.

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • Mishgul said:

I also care, but cities should have an alternative to totems really, because totems are a very estranging mechanic in a multiplayer game.
    About the totems? No. About his knee jerk reaction? Perhaps a tiny bit
  • Jhui said:
    Mishgul said:

About the totems? No. About his knee jerk reaction? Perhaps a tiny bit
    Bad @Jhui, you can't be in the troll clan if you care!
  • edited November 2014
    I'm not even a runelorist so it doesn't really affect me personally, I just see a game design flaw and point it out. This seems like an obvious/glaring one (especially in light of the change to the war system to remove room repairs, which I believe @Tecton has previously called out as a bad punishment facet of the system). No sense in waiting for it to become an even more pronounced problem just to avoid the label of "knee-jerk."

Clear benefit: runelorists in my organization and others which are raided regularly can be doing better things with their time that enable them to engage with other players or even go out and fight more (isn't this what you want anyway, Jhui?).

Best to leave the analysis of Ashtan v. the world, etc. for another thread, Aelios. 

• edited November 2014
    that's a definite benefit, and I personally would love for it to be implemented if I thought it was necessary to have totems in every room.

The solution is not bad at all, the problem just isn't technically there.
  • If you could give us a list of rooms for each city that you deem acceptable to have totems in, so we can all cater to your whim, that would be great.
  • Only if you give the admin a list of acceptable Jhui-patches first.