Barding and Stables

Barding (aka mount armour)

Suggestion to add in a forgable armour item which is equipable to mounts like caparisons are. Stats and commodity requirements would follow the traditional patterns, with the barding serving as offering the mount practical armour for reasonable resistance against cutting/blunt attacks.

Stables

Suggestion to add Stablehand inside city gates to quickly stable a mount. Gold to be exchanged at time of stable, or linked to a bank account.

Comments

• It can't just be cutting/blunt, mounts aren't players.  Any type of damage mitigation needs to be all damage types.

Also note that a method to heal mounts would be considerably more valuable than simply giving them more health or damage resistance (the same thing, really).

Going to attempt to leave further discussion of this in the thread that I just created for it...

• I don't see any point in barding armour beyond the cosmetic novelty. If a mount dies in 15 seconds rather than 10 seconds, there's no real difference there. If your mount isn't Collared and you don't want to risk it dying, you're still in the same position.
  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    edited November 2014
    It's armour...why would it negate all damage types? So go talk about your 'healing' suggestion in the thread you created for it and didn't want anyone talking about alternative suggestions in.

Also, barding armour as a cosmetic novelty is something I'm very much in favour for, but I figured if it's going to be armour, it should have at least -some- practical use.

• KenwayKenway San Francisco
    edited November 2014
    Really think stats and resistances are somewhat over complicated. The way talons work for falcons seems like it'd be ideal.
    At a certain point in Riding you get the skill BARDING which allows you to equip your mount with Harding and have your mount brace itself similar to a shield tattoo. Any movement on the part of your mount would lower this defense including it being razed, kai banish, startle/intimidate and other similar abilities.
    Give it a high eq or balance cost to convince  your mount to stand still and let the armour take the  incoming damage. Have the balance/eq get faster the higher you are in riding or just give it an endurance/wp drain. Either way there's still the perk of invincible mounts meaning you don't have to deal with the drain or the balance loss or whatever penalty

EDIT: Mhaldor take note phone posts are the ultimate form of Suffering.

- Limb Counter - Fracture Relapsing -
    "Honestly, I just love that it counts limbs." - Mizik Corten
  • Hey! Kenway stole my idea!

• KenwayKenway San Francisco
    edited November 2014
    In the original thread I said I agreed with it and expanded on it a little but apparently we decided they're separate issues now and I thought it was so good I wanted to make sure it was reiterated here. Sorry for stealing your thunder @Amarillys  :(

- Limb Counter - Fracture Relapsing -
    "Honestly, I just love that it counts limbs." - Mizik Corten
  • It's okay, I still love you.

• There are quite a few people with invincible mounts out there, so I think this should be something visible on the mount (when probed?) so we at least have a cosmetic value. If so, I could see forging a few of them just for fun.

For non-artie mounts, I agree with @Blujixapug‌ that it should be strong enough to make a difference. 15 secs vs. 10 secs is not really worth it.