Classleads September 2014

1151617181921»

Comments

• CaladbolgCaladbolg Campbell County TN
    edited October 2014
    Aerek said:
    I do wish it took at least a bit of build-up to get to Void. Getting Voided after the first strike or two pretty much sets the tone for that fight.
    Somethign like that's fine, not disagreeing with that. Voidfist is.. mostly useless. Might still be okay in group combat if all im doing is voidfisting.. but I can't up with a use for voidfist to be useful at all to a blademaster unless perhaps you need it to finish a lock, and even then 3 seconds 2.7 with nimble for 4 seconds worth of us.. negatable..

• CaladbolgCaladbolg Campbell County TN
    Caladbolg said:
    Aerek said:
    I do wish it took at least a bit of build-up to get to Void. Getting Voided after the first strike or two pretty much sets the tone for that fight.
    Somethign like that's fine, not disagreeing with that. Voidfist is.. mostly useless. Might still be okay in group combat if all im doing is voidfisting.. but I can't up with a use for voidfist to be useful at all to a blademaster unless perhaps you need it to finish a lock, and even then 3 seconds 2.7 with nimble for 4 seconds worth of us.. negatable..
    Nevermind what I said, I apprently didn't read the rest of the announcement with the voidfist changes, voidfist is good.

• Sena said:
    Jovolo said:
    [2] - Swiftcurse equilibrium prior to this change was four seconds, and lasted for 15. Swiftcursed curses were 1 second. That gave you roughly 11 before it wore off. Don't forget that any level of hindrance also affected this, as well as curseward coming up. The change to Swiftcurse means you get a guaranteed amount of curses before swiftcurse wears off. This is a considerable benefit. It is also impossible to get 13 curses on a Swiftcurse as Vaehl mentioned. The artefacts give +2/+4/+6 to curses. With the level three artefact, you have 16. (or, comparitvely, a 60% increase. Remind me what the % boost was for the old level three artefact?). Buff.
    The skull pendants were 15/25/35%. Swiftcursed curses with nimble were less than 1 second, so without a pendant you could get 12-13 curses per swiftcurse (14-15 with swiftcursed swiftcurse), with a level 3 pendant it was 17-18 curses (20-21 with swiftcursed swiftcurse).

Overall, I'd say the artefact was nerfed a bit while swiftcurse was buffed.

Edit: For bashing though, this was a huge buff.

Edit2: Also, unless it was fixed without an announcement, swiftcurse still reduces swiftcurse eq, so if you want to keep that benefit you get 1 less curse per swiftcurse (9/11/13/15 with unartied/L1/L2/L3), since you're using swiftcurse again when you have 1 curse left. Presumably that's why Bluef said she gets 13 curses with a level 2 pendant.
    I'm usually a fan of your statistics but you're way off here, Sena. I was getting 20s of swiftcurse with a Level 2. I didn't even have to bother with the Level 3. Now you get 13 straight curses (for 800 credits) Just saying. 
  • No you weren't, unless you were bugged.

• Bluef said:
    I'm usually a fan of your statistics but you're way off here, Sena. I was getting 20s of swiftcurse with a Level 2. I didn't even have to bother with the Level 3. Now you get 13 straight curses (for 800 credits) Just saying. 
    Exactly how long did swiftcurse last for you? I was just assuming 15*1.25=18.75, but the artefact bonuses might not have been exact, or base swiftcurse might not have been 15 seconds. Do you have a diadem, and if so what's the eq on swiftcursed swiftcurse?
  • The only situations where this could conceivably be a nerf are:
    1) You're standing in room only cursing someone solidly for ~15 seconds
    2) You're bashing and it's something that takes a long time to kill and you're cursing for like 15 seconds

In every other situation it is a buff. You're the only shaman complaining about it, Bluef
  • Kafziel said:
    The only situations where this could conceivably be a nerf are:
    2) You're bashing and it's something that takes a long time to kill and you're cursing for like 15 seconds

In every other situation it is a buff. You're the only shaman complaining, Bluef

[2:41:24 AM] Kenway: I bet you smell like evergreen trees and you could wrestle boreal mammals but they'd rather just cuddle you
  • Kuy said:
    Kafziel said:
    The only situations where this could conceivably be a nerf are:

In every other situation it is a buff. You're the only shaman complaining, Bluef

Wish I had the money spare to go Shaman right now. Hnnngh.
  • Dunn said:
    Honestly, these changes are the shit. You can reapply swiftcurse at a .8s eq (I have diadem, though) if you have at least one charge of swiftcurse left. I can keep someone permanently peace/paralysed and have full uptime on swiftcurse. Can curse at full speed with only .8 seconds downtime each cycle until you run out of WP.
    That's kind of hot.

• It's fairly good in a team fight, now. Solid lock potential as before, but with hemophilia bleed becomes an immediate danger. Hemophilia + Inflame pretty much brought Shaman to team fights. 

Really makes you appreciate what moss and clot bring to defense. 

Granted, as a Blademaster I think Inflame is a scrub peasant ability.