How does a new character get involved in a family?

I had a history for my character but I actually would really like to have my parents actually in game, I have reworked a couple points on my backstory for this to work but I really have no idea where to begin. Do I just go up to somebody a regularly interact with and ask to be their son?

Best Answers

Answers

• edited October 2014
    There's nothing wrong with asking someone you have interacted with previously in a clearly designated OOC tell. What I'd avoid is asking people you haven't ever interacted with out of the blue, as well as asking IC rather than OOC.
    Jacen said:
    Yeah, don't be afraid of retconning. Tecton pretty much got retconned out of IC Achaea, even though he still has an emote (should probably remove that?)

Can always explain it away with hallucinations, false memories, you just made it up to feel better about yourself, anything like that.
    I'd avoid trying to explain it away with stuff like that. It's generally best just to pretend it didn't happen. Most people will go along with it and not point out the inconsistency. The more you try to explain things IC, the more emphasis you place on it.