City/House Credits

I've noticed some Cities/Houses offer far more credits during their creditsales than others.  Not going to name which ones, but one offers HR5/CR5 15 every two years and another offers 50 per year.  This isn't a slight difference - this is one city/house offering nearly seven times the credits, and for the same price per credit.

Considering City/House creditsales are the primary avenue by which a lot of people obtain lessons and artefacts ICly, knowing this makes staying in certain Cities pretty unattractive, even if the people are great.

Why is this?  Does one City generate so little credit income from OOC credit purchases that they have to limit themselves to 10 credits every two years where another can offer 20 or more every year?  And why does one house offer 5 credits per two years to HR5 while another offers 30 credits per year, at the same price?

On a related note, I've also noticed some Cities/Houses aren't using the CITY/HOUSE CREDITSALE BUY system and are still stuck on the old donation system, which is clunky for a lot of reasons.  Does the transition have to do with House Renaissance? 

Comments

• XerXer Langley
    More citizens = more purchases too.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    e^(iπ) + 1 = 0
  • AustereAustere Tennessee
    Sarapis said:
    Fun fact: House/city credits were implemented to reward the leaders of those organizations personally as a form of payment for running the organization. The fact that they offer those credits to their members/citizens is purely player-driven (which is fine!). 

Going to laugh when some random leader takes this to mean they can withdraw all credits. 
  • Basically what Daeir said. It all depends on the demographic of the org in question, and more importantly, the person running said org. I specifically asked about any sort of restrictions on use of/sale quantities/etc of credits when I was an HL, and was told 'the house credits are yours to give out as you like, the only restriction on that is that if you take them all we come after you with pitchforks and flaming torches'. 

• There is a pretty huge difference between the cities and their credit income. Same with houses. That's why some will offer less. 

• AerekAerek East Tennessee, USA
    Anyone who can view the logs can see when they get credits, so you can get a rough idea of what an org's budget is, a week at a time.
    -- Grounded in but one perspective, what we perceive is an exaggeration of the truth.
  • What everyone else said is accurate.
    A quick note, some leaders prefer using the old donation system because the CREDITSALE system defaults the funds into the Delosian Trust, whose administrative fees are higher than those of city banks. They thus consider that they are saving money by manualing it.

On the other hand, the Delosian Trust cannot be tanked by a raiding party, so your org's gold is actually safer there.

• Sarapis said:
    Fun fact: House/city credits were implemented to reward the leaders of those organizations personally as a form of payment for running the organization. The fact that they offer those credits to their members/citizens is purely player-driven (which is fine!). 
    Oh. Fuck yeah. Time to get a veil or two.

• HerenicusHerenicus The Western Front
    I remember shopping around for best practices back in the day; we ended up making them cheaply available for full members training class skills.
  • I do like how, even if you buy Bound Credits via a Creditsale, you still get the bonus 2.5 lessons per as if you'd bought Unbound Credits.  That's a neat feature IMO.
  • Bukariin said:
    I do like how, even if you buy Bound Credits via a Creditsale, you still get the bonus 2.5 lessons per as if you'd bought Unbound Credits.  That's a neat feature IMO.
    That's true of org credits transferred as bound, as well. Not unique to the new credit sale system, if that's what you meant.
  • Well, I guess I never bought Org credits as Bound before I started up again, so I wouldn't have even known that.