Fashioning, and the royal pain that it is.

13»

Comments

• edited September 2014
    @Patroklos, if you're serious about batting some strats around @Kaie and I may induct you into the secret society of Jestering.
  • Sounds good, I'll try to harass one of you IG when I see you.

• AktillumAktillum Philippines
    edited September 2014
    Dunno if its been mentioned here but if you have buckawn's and your opponent doesn't, juggling and throwing web bombs at the ground is infinitely faster then bind or hangedman, you can get in a couple extra fashions before they writhe. Combine that with bind to make them double writhe and its quite hilarious how you can get a full puppet with them getting in nearly 0 offense the whole fight. If they have buckawns, try to force them to remove it in blackout or something.

Gem of Negation is also hysterical.

Seftin has been doing some cool stuff with Bracers of Frost and puppetry, talk to him also.

• The only annoying thing that I've found about jester is the impracticability of using bombs when combined with selfishness and grip, as well as the somewhat annoyance of almost having to code a system for utilising bombs due to their random nature (setting up a counter for it etc to echo the timing left on a bomb and when to hand it off).
    I may, if I can be bothered to sort my system out and really put any thought into the class, come up with some ways to make things easier for myself, and make it open code for others.
  • AktillumAktillum Philippines
    I actually found this to be a great help when I was Jester

animated timers:
    http://forums.mudlet.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3257

• CaladbolgCaladbolg Campbell County TN
    Seftin said:
    The only annoying thing that I've found about jester is the impracticability of using bombs when combined with selfishness and grip, as well as the somewhat annoyance of almost having to code a system for utilising bombs due to their random nature (setting up a counter for it etc to echo the timing left on a bomb and when to hand it off).
    I may, if I can be bothered to sort my system out and really put any thought into the class, come up with some ways to make things easier for myself, and make it open code for others.
    I coded that entire thing in like 15-30 minutes.. on zmud not sure how much it's changed but was pretty easy back then.

• Jester was a fairly frustrating class to play but still pretty workable. There were some glaring flaws that were fixed since I left the class.
    - mickey now consumes herb balance (moss no longer triggers it)
    - imbibe only requires 1 fashions
    - fitness is no longer a defense
    - nifty juggle changes?
    - hocuspocus gives the caster a message (so glad they did this)

I pretty much beat everyone I came up against before using my own bag of tricks. The new build has tons of potential if you ask me. 
    Examples:
    - My near-perfect 67-fashion slowlock now only takes 57 fashions and isn't messed up by fitness
    - Tarot aeon lock used to work ~40% of the time, when mickey -didn't- consume herb bal. I think at this point I could land it as often as I wanted.
    - hocuspocus was nearly unusable for affliction work before because it would affect the jester, so many possibilities now

Bombs are tricky but eventually you use their uselessness to your advantage. Several strategies of mine involved just dropping them on the ground myself to ensure they wouldn't be given back. Timed concussions are lovely against momentum classes. Timed butterflies might be the funniest thing ever against people who think FLY beats jitb. Etc.
    Bombs are tough to manage and everyone has their methods, but that's not something that can be fixed in the design, more of a tribulation for every jester, which also lends a flavour to that particular jester's style.

Random and unpredictable skills, yes, but also a lot of diversity and experimentation possible. That's why it's fun.
    I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.