Combat Logs

Comments

• eu ping too slow, and fate has something against us!

https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/4d572677
  • Daeir said:
    The same way that ordering non-amnesia pets/ents to bash a target (lol waterweirds) does I guess.
    My weird used to kill steal all the time,  so I stopped using that asshole. 
  • Mispelled Somnustra, @Talysin
  • Fuck. In my defense, I can't spell half the things in this game on the fly.
  • "You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else."

-Albert Einstein

• edited September 2014
    Literally burst into laughter.

LOOKS BALANCED, BRO.

Literally on one balance, he does the following:
    Breaks torso
    Breaks right leg
    Breaks left leg
    Prones AND dismounts for free along with the above.

Doesn't get much more balanced than that. Monk needs buffs.

Why didn't you post the enfeeble/torso BBT after? Probably balanced because of the 15 second prep he had to put in that, though.

• Well Aelios wasn't mounted, but even mounted the throw would have stripped insomnia making the force go through.

Pretty sick strat, though.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • That's literally what I just said. Free prone through dismount as part of a triple break.

• the mind rape+pref jab with t-fang+non-defensive measures during that weren't posted!  This also is really only available to eq spec/diadem.  Hard to guarantee target is paralysed while you are on EQ.
  • XerXer Langley
    edited September 2014
    Wouldn't Aelios have to already be undeaf for the mind command sleep to go through? Still, assuming one isn't parrying either torso, or the legs, there are methods to break all three and dismount without already being undeaf so it doesn't change what Monk can do.

EDIT: Ah, makes more sense what happened then. Also, even with QW and Diadem, if paralysis is prioritized first, it's still hard to consistently do the breaks while they're paralysed. Not impossible, but Mind Paralysis is at fastest, 0.2~ seconds faster than herb balance (it feels more like 0.15 to be honest), so it requires fairly precise timing, and a bit of anticipation to pull it off consistently. Or just trigger it off a herb eat.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    e^(iπ) + 1 = 0
  • edited September 2014
    Oops. :(.
  • Wasn't there a time when throwing went through parry? I could have sworn.
  • It doesn't hit a Monk's 'guarding' if that's what you're thinking of. Anything else, I'm not sure.
    Chat with other players in real time on your phone, browser, or desktop client:
    Come join the Achaea discord!
  • Jhui said:
    the mind rape+pref jab with t-fang+non-defensive measures during that weren't posted!  This also is really only available to eq spec/diadem.  Hard to guarantee target is paralysed while you are on EQ.
    I'd say you kinda need staff for it to be viable. I been trying to stack tele with quick-witted+diadem+drs, but it's just soo slow. 4 paralyses before you can stack one affliction that is cured by tree.
  • It'd be pretty hard for someone to pull off that combo that Jhui did without the stat boosting equipment he had. 

I'd say it's probably not too hard with staff and EQ spec. Completely trivial with EQ gem.

• XerXer Langley
    edited September 2014
    You don't do it with just Mind Paralysis, but also Mind Impatience since that's faster. Mind Impatience - Mind Impatience - Mind Impatience - Mind Paralysis after Goldenseal eat - Combo is required (at least on my ping) against serverside on QW + Diadem, no EQ Gem or Staff. If they're laggy, you can get away with Mind Impatience - Mind Impatience - Mind Paralysis - Combo. But for anyone without some kind of further EQ reduction, if they tree off Impatience at the right time, then run or shield, it's pretty annoying and more effort than simply RHKing prep. Also, there are a few other methods people can do to make using Mind Impatience to get around herb balance pretty useless (I think) that's difficult to exploit as just Monk.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    e^(iπ) + 1 = 0
  • edited September 2014
    Impatience EQ time is way too fast from what I've seen.

I've seen it on like 200 milliseconds.

• for me.. without a faster EQ artifact -- it's 1.6 seconds for a mind paralyse.

2015/01/12 Tecton, the Terraformer has bestowed His divine favour upon you. It will last for approximately 1 Achaean month.
  • Even without the staff and eq gem a solo monk can keep someone behind on curing with impatience/batter/confuse/paralyse. With the staff there is just no chance.

• edited September 2014
    Did I miss something? :/ I bedevil'd Hirst - this should give away all my afflictions. By the time I got EQ back, he had somehow managed to" (a) afflict me up to an enlightentable state, and (b) englighten me, and (c) unravel/kill me.

How is this even possible? I saw there that after the bedevil, I gained recklessness, masochism (and something from soulmaster?). How does an englighten work there? I'm really confused. Bedevil wipes your afflictions. Is it bugged?

What. The. F....

With a grand gesture of righteous fury, you draw upon the elemental forces at your command and 
    bedevil Hirst with your afflictions. (-1000m, 23.5%) 
    Hirst eats bayberry.
    A humbug scuttles forward and springs for your throat, attaching itself there for a brief instant. 
    Your head violently swims as you feel it bring the curse of recklessness down upon you. (+1223m, 28.
    7%)  (-4556h, 85.0%, -3618m, 85.0%) 
    There is no need to predict that affliction - you know you have it already.
    c
    A look of extreme focus crosses the face of Hirst.
    diag
    diag
    Cleared your queues.
    Hirst takes a drink from a crystal vial.
    You may drink another health or mana elixir or tonic.
    [Curing]: SIP VITALITY
    You take a drink from a cedarwood vial.
    The tonic heals and soothes you.
    Your angel informs you that it has struck down Hirst with sensitivity.
    A soulmaster entity lets loose a horrible scream as a dark stream of primal chaos flows from it and 
    into your very being.
    A humbug scuttles forward and springs for your throat, attaching itself there for a brief instant. 
    Your head violently swims as you feel it bring the curse of masochism down upon you.
    Hirst places both hands on either side of your head and stares straight into your eyes. A ghostly 
    ocher light gleams from his pupils and shoots into your eyes, and your mind expands with alien and 
    strange visions.
    You shout, "No, it cannot be true! I cannot accept it! I beg of you to make it stop!"
    Hirst eats hawthorn.
    ***SMITE***  queued!
    smiteAliasOE
    Your system is able to absorb antidotes once again.
    [System]: Prepended chasten Hirst to your eqbal queue.
    [System]: Prepended smite Hirst to your eqbal queue.
    [System]: Prepended contemplate Hirst to your eqbal queue.
    [System]: Prepended disrupt Hirst earth to your eqbal queue.
    [System]: Prepended stand to your eqbal queue.
    c
    You hear an eerie voice whisper horrible words in the back of your skull.
    Cleared your queues.

Hirst forcefully thrusts the palm of his hand in your direction, bringing you to your knees as a 
    brilliant orange light bursts forward. A high-pitched keening invades the deepest confines of your 
    mind as a dull, tingling sensation begins to creep upon your consciousness. The light surrounding 
    you grows brighter and the noise becomes unbearable as you throw back your head in a shriek of 
    anguish. A brilliant violet light flashes before your eyes, the last sight you see as you fall, 
    defeated, into unconsciousness.
    You have been slain by Hirst.
  • Can you bedevil away whispering madness? 
  • um. can we get the wtf tag back for this.

• HalosHalos The Reaches
    Eleison said:
    Did I miss something? :/ I bedevil'd Hirst - this should give away all my afflictions. By the time I got EQ back, he had somehow managed to" (a) afflict me up to an enlightentable state, and (b) englighten me, and (c) unravel/kill me.

The Gauntlet of the Roaring Wave     Held by the Grandmaster of the Quisalis
    Lifegiver                                        Held by Hirst
    Huskmaker                                     Held by the Grandmaster of the Quisalis
    the Equilibrium Gem                      Held by Hirst

A frenzied cleric screams, "Like more than one halo!"
  • CaladbolgCaladbolg Campbell County TN
    Rohai said:
    um. can we get the wtf tag back for this.

It's cause ponies

• HalosHalos The Reaches
    Eleison said:

How is this even possible? I saw there that after the bedevil, I gained recklessness, masochism (and something from soulmaster?). How does an englighten work there? I'm really confused. Bedevil wipes your afflictions. Is it bugged?

Relevant.
    Upon channeling all five elements, you will be able to focus your will upon a hapless victim, and channel your afflictions into him or her by corrupting the spirit channel. Further, as a result of doing this, some of your afflictions may be cured.

A frenzied cleric screams, "Like more than one halo!"
  • What is happening there is you attempted to bedevil with hecate curse. That's a timed affliction, which aren't bedevilable. Having that affliction stops you curing whisperingmadness by any means, which prevented bedevil removing that. Whispering madness then prevents the curing of other relevant enlighten afflictions. Bedevil also does not cure all afflictions, just a random selection.

Hard to say for certain, but it is also possible you had confusion, although that could just be the gem.

• shoulda used passive bedevil to stay on top of them afflicts.