Celani Call - September 2014

Comments

• OuraniaOurania The Garden of the Gods
    Draqoom said:
    Ourania said:
    I was promised being shipped to a deserted island, but it didn't happen :(
    That's admin code for "Hashan". Careful what you sign up for bby

Edit:

To contribute: I often consider applying for Celani, unfortunately the God role I wanted died off to Bal'met :(

I didn't read the small print. My fault.

• MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    RIP *kastalia.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • I don't think there has ever been someone promoted to celani who has actually followed the rule of not talking to your Achaean friends or even keeping your god identity secret. 

• AthelasAthelas Cape Town South Africa
    Is there absolutely no way to retain your current character while also performing Celani duties?
  • Athelas said:
    Is there absolutely no way to retain your current character while also performing Celani duties?
    Definitely not, no. 
  • AthelasAthelas Cape Town South Africa
    @Sarapis Is there a way that a character can progress towards becoming Celani, in-game? i.e. Rather than just ending it for your character, might there be a way for that character to evolve into Celani.

Personally, I lack the time to consider doing the Celani thing. I understand though, that there are some who would love to do it, but hesitate because they don't want to abandon characters that have not been played to their end-game.

So, if there was a bit of a story behind a character becoming Celani. Even something as simple as having to live a mortal life in order to become better representatives of the garden. Then some might be more willing to take the leap, or even just attempt it, because they are not abandoning the character as much as growing the character along a slightly OOC-managed path.

Yes, I know this sounds like ascension, and I'm aware that the practice of ascension was abandoned, but one could view mortal existence as being a kind of Celani Academy, and being Celani is definitely a kind of God Academy. This basically boils down to ascension being a process rather than an event.

One could even go as far as making the story of a character's progression event, part of the application to become Celani.

I understand there would be some concern with old ties to mortals, but anyone applying to become Celani should be more than mature enough to deal with the RP aspect of that.
  • Hm, out of curiosity, how many applications do you get for these calls as compared to how many are accepted, generally speaking?
  • Malorn said:
    Hm, out of curiosity, how many applications do you get for these calls as compared to how many are accepted, generally speaking?
    There can only be one.
  • OuraniaOurania The Garden of the Gods
    It is always quality over quantity, and to make sure you aren't allergic to any metal because Sartan's chains chaff the weak!

I always enjoy new Celani's coming up, because it is exciting in the Garden, and there is so much to teach them. 

• Slightly irrelevant question,  but curiosity got the better off me: why are celani applications only taken at specific times, instead of all the time?  I do a lot of hiring where I work,  and we accept applications, even when we don't need to fill a specific spot,  just to have a contingency plan.  Seems to me the process of selection could go quicker if you don't have to sit and look at every applicant when you need someone.  Could spread it out more and already have someone in mind before you even need them. Not sure who makes the decision that someone is needed,  but more admin support could go a long way,  especially in regards to unpaid volunteers. Could also cut down on admin feeling overwhelmed with things to do. 
  • Sarapis said:
    Athelas said:
    Definitely not, no. 
    psh, he's lying. We all know @Sarapis was secretly Bonko.
  • edited September 2014
    I'd certainly love it, but I'm not certain my english is good enough to flawlessly describe rooms... Not mentining the event requirement. And I know I have a lot of things in my RP, and how I turn my sentences, which would betray me too easily...

That's sad. :smile: 
  • AmanuAmanu Forge Tree
    Asmodron said:
    Sarapis said:
    Athelas said:
    Definitely not, no. 
    psh, he's lying. We all know @Sarapis is secretly everyone.

• How about a guy with no creative skills at all who would just like to help code?
  • TectonTecton The Garden of the Gods
    Morthif said:
    How about a guy with no creative skills at all who would just like to help code?
    Best to wait for a call for coders!
  • Deucalion said:
    I cried a little.

• Would you have to take on one of the current gods or if we present an idea for a god that is amaze balls would that be allowed
  • TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!
    Noting how they killed off a lot of the gods during the bal'met event, and assuming they did so because there were simply too many unfilled god roles(and no indication all of them would get filled) if this train of thought is correct I doubt they'll add a new god-realm.
    Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."