Temporary poses?

I really like the new pose system, but would it be possible to implement a temporary pose that resets on leaving the room, being moved, etc? I've had this problem on occasion where I'll set up a pose dependent in some way upon the room description, and then leave the room/get dragged from the room, and then I'm leaning casually on a wall in the wilderness somewhere that doesn't actually exist, and that's just not acceptable.

Ideally, there'd still be an option to have poses persist through room movement since some people use them to great effect that way, e.g., "Orzaansyn is here, a stern look upon her face." Maybe some sort of toggle?
Saeva said:
If Mathonwy is 2006 I wish 2007 had never come.
Xenomorph said:
heh. Mathowned.
Message #12872 Sent by Jurixe
4/16/0:41
MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF.

Comments

• TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!
    Sarieno said:

I actually idea'd this the other day. It also happens that sometimes, players get forgetful about their pose (aha) and I find myself leaning up against the beech tree at Crossroads when I'm, for example, out in the middle of the ocean. At any rate, I fully agree with your assessment.

I knew it! The beech tree at Crossroads is actually an Ent spying for eleusis!

now seriously, this is a perfect idea

Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

• Bit of a bump:

(squint down)
    Treacherous mountain path (road).
    A noxious, red-hued fog overwhelms the area with a thick, palpable vapour.  His gaze 
    sweeping the area, Benedominatus Xer Savril, Harbinger of Slaughter stands here, a wary 
    expression on his face. He wields a blackened cavalry shield with ivory accents in his 
    right hand.

Could we please, please, please get something that can remove titles and wielding from poses? He wasn't even wielding anything in left hand; if he was, it would have been even longer. Now imagine that with 4 people doing something similar. I love poses, but I can't currently use them without making my character a wall of text on ql/squint. I realize wielding would mess up prop line, so just make prop unpose. Even just removing titles from poses would be a very welcome change. Technically you can just remove your title before you pose (and leave it off), but I don't feel like that's fair, and not everyone can change their titles.

I really want to start using poses more, but it's so difficult not to make them obnoxiously long when factoring in title/wielding.

i'm a rebel

• BluefBluef Delos
    edited September 2014
    I'm all for the idea in the OP if we have the option of using both POSE and TPOSE. POSE when you want to set a permanent pose; TPOSE (temporary pose) when you want your pose to re-set after you move out of the room.

Personally, I'm not that concerned about how long that in-room stuff gets. That just seems a bit nitpicky to me. With a large group in a room the view can get messy but every room with a group in it usually does. The things I need to see, I see easily enough through highlighting. Besides I like the flavour that this stuff adds to Achaea in general. 

I don't think that runelore users should get the annoyance of having to re-pose after every prop either. I mean really, it's not just totems that are useful to notice when squinting into the next room anyway. If someone has a bow in their hands, a doll, a boomerang, a whip, a sword for cleaving, one of those fancy talisman spears, etc. Lots of that is helpful to notice on occasion. Not to mention there is a usefulness to being able to see what someone is wielding for roleplay purposes at times.

If we're going to remove anything from QL as far as wielding thing goes, we could at least do without knowing what hand something is in (in his right hand, in her left hand - how about just "is wielding a X and Y." Unless, of course that is relevant for targeting in some way that my shamaness self isn't privy to bothering with.

Another option would obviously be limiting the number of characters possible in any item appearance so the things that are getting wielded aren't so discomfiting to peer at. 

As for titles, I think you should have the option of removing your title from poses. By doing so you're promoting a culture of removing them through the toggle, but not forcing anyone else to remove their title in the quick look if they like it visible there.