Priest offensive artifacts

Currently there are very few offensive artifacts for priest. It pretty much comes down to artifact maces and aldar diadem, then utility things that can be added (like Torc of Telepathy, scorpion tail, deepfreeze bracers)

@sarapis @tecton, I am curious what the discussion is like when you're considering adding class specific artifacts like the skulls for swiftcurse.

A few things that I think might add interesting dynamics to the priest class.

-Changing sap so that the Collar artifact will effect the amount of mana that is sapped.

-Something that allows you to change part of the damage type of smite to something else.

-Superior fork which increases the duration and the effect of rites.

Of course, I am just throwing out ideas. They would all have to be finely debated and tuned for balance but I'd love to see more offensive capability in the priest class particularly in regard to artifacts, especially considering the major overhauls to their defensive capability in recent years.

Comments

• Linus said:

-Changing sap so that the Collar artifact will effect the amount of mana that is sapped.

Haha, no.

The same goes for Apostates, we have like one offensive artefact? The Aldar diadem. Being spiritual priests (and evil priests), a defensive/support oriented class comes to mind, so imo the lack of offensive artefacts is ok.
  • MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    Diadem help apostates? 

I guess you sap faster.

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!
    Sap is already pretty insanely overpowered during raids (be it defending or attacking)
    Hell, last time Eleison was in a raid, all I had to do was cast a single spell while people were battering me and boom, absolved.
    Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

• MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    i think you are referring to absolve and not sap.

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!
    isn't sap that thing that drains mana?
    Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

• MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    edited September 2014
    Sap is a fixed percent of mana lost. It never increases or decreases, no matter how much skill/artefacts you have. It's both a good and bad thing.

It's good in that because it's consistent you can create a whole series of neat things around it to help, to make the class more complex and thus create interesting combinations and strats, but at the same time its consistency can be its downfall if the class is unable to live up to whatever an opponent's defense ends up being, and then lack a true gain to gain the kill.

I don't have an opinion of whether these are needed or not, I've been out of the class too long to have a sound opinion.

Edit: Clarifying a point.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby