BM Limb Counter - Manda

edited August 2014 in Blademaster

Despite some claims that it wasn't possible, and with the help of a lonnnng list of people, the blademaster (and several other) limb damage equations have been solved.

In conjunction with this, I noticed something: There were currently no high-quality (publicly available) limb counters available, particularly for Blademaster.

Thanks to a brief stint of "free time" lately, I decided to spend some time building a limb damage tracking system.

The design goals of the system were... not exactly modest:

• Only use the game's actual limb damage equations (no guestimates, no magic numbers, no thumbrules)
  • Support all classes, all stances, all artefacts, all weapon types, skill levels, etc.
  • Tracks multiple targets at a time, and also tracks limb damage reset time of each of their limbs.
  • To the most accurate extent possible, track limb damage from third parties and rebounding.
  • Customizable display and GUI options (auto-hiding of GUI, SVO prompt tags, prep warnings, etc)
  • Fully functional API and boolean "prepped" functions.
  • Include parry tracking and parry strategy detection
  • Full in-Mudlet help / config interface (example)
  • Work seamlessly with Godzilla (for those using it)
  • A host of other stuff

As of yet all design goals have been met, with one exception.  As of now, the system is fully functional with most classes that use limb damage - however - I have not been able to completely test it with a few major classes.  I am releasing the project to Blademasters first, which has been thoroughly tested by multiple people, and has been proven accurate to a single hitpoint, from 500-~11,000hp, with all bands, stances, and so on.

One other thing I'm proud to present is a very useful real-time "prep path" algorithm for Blademasters (screenshot), which outputs the most efficient route to putting limb pairs into double break range (yes, respecting main and off-slash damage, specifically).  The path is updated every single time your target receives limb damage, or whenever you change stance, change target, etc.  The algorithm also (optionally) respects your target's parry strategy, and will find a route with their strategy taken into account.

For the full list of features (there are quite a few more) as well as some combat log demos (coming very soon), please see the Manda website.

I'll follow up with a few combat logs to demonstrate the system in action.  I also expect the Knight release (all three) to be released in the next several days, followed closely by all other classes within the next several weeks.  Staggering the releases will help me contend with minor bug fixes quickly, as they present themselves, and will give me enough time to help people get the system set up and incorporated into their own combat styles and/or systems.

I'd also like to make a big thank you to a long list of people who helped with the limb damage testing, as well as coding, of the project.  Big shout-outs to @Seragorn, @Isaiah, and @Vadimuses for either direct or indirect help, as well as to the two-three dozen individuals who let me hit them for hours to develop and test the various equations (@Aelios, @Linus, @Qara, @Iskla, @Reonna, @Goggo being some of the big ones!).  Also props to @Dorn whom I've never actually met, but whose GUI was used as a starting point for Manda's.

To those already using the system, thanks for your support and participation, and have fun!

Comments

• Looks sharp! Glad my 40 vials of Vitality / Reconstructive went to good use.

"You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else."

-Albert Einstein

• edited August 2014

The 22 | 15 | 23 in the GUI is percentage (to a limb break) from Mainslash, Offslash, and Compass.

The prep-path display is (by default) generated every time you assess, change stance, whenever your target's max health changes, or whenever you use the 'path' alias.  It generates the path to prep based on current limb damage, not from zero, and is 100% accurate.

Knight coming soon!

Bigger:

• edited August 2014
    Thread still bugged?

Yep :(

• ...Holy crap.

Ernam, if this is all accurate, and at a glance it looks like it is, then you just became my new favorite person.

Seriously, I have no idea how you solved for limb damage, but damn. 

How customizable is it? I wouldn't mind picking this up myself and transplanting the output into my own gui.

Couldn't have come at a better time, either - I was literally just saying to myself I ought to get back into things and start trying to figure out how to kill people again, heh.
  • edited August 2014
    I'm still working on some other classes, but the BM stuff is completely finished.