What Happened To You Today?

Comments

• Please don't mess this thread up with complaints. I thought it was about everyday things that happen, and the complaints have their own threads.

• Bad things happen everyday, friend.

• Today I decided that I wasn't going to log in. Dosen't seem like any reason to do so. Nothing good is allowed to happen. If it does,  someone shits all over it. Creeps follow me, perverts make passes at me, and the people I need to talk aren't online anyway. Thanks internet, bad things happen all the time.

• today i logged in on tablet, deftfully avoiding death by a rampaging  @Vaehl spamming eliminate and epteth on my crippled personage

• More like me avoiding the temptation of pking you because I'd get DF'd so hard :(

• I am a male Rajamala, I didn't think pervs would be a problem. No big deal, haven't seen them since. Creepy dude was just a brick short of a load. I wasn't certain if he was going to kill me or give me a blessing.

Logged in anyway, just a bit to get past last of newbie stage. Learned how to swing up into trees. Learn how to fall out of trees, breaking both legs, and cannot move anywhere. Learned I REALLY needed to buy curatives. Realized I have no house members are online, and no one from the clans either. Being city-less has a few down sides. 

Today was just a very bad day.

Remember kiddies, always buy one of every curative, even if you think you will never need it!

• Yes, he is who you think he is. No, that was the only time I encountered him. I've seen him a couple times since, but I avoid him completely.  Just wanted to post the whole story. Too bad he wasn't a jester, it would be a good litle prank. ;)

• Had a long chat with an old friend that clarified a few things. Now to move forward and pray - this is either going to end spectacularly well or incredibly god damned horribly. Fingers crossed!

• Got rekt by Xinna again in Annwyn. Managed to get a draw twice before I got sloppy. Also had a delightful conversation about bard mechanics. 

Tested some stuff with big Mic and contemplated buying artifact vials for when I go dormant.

• PraxidesPraxides Kansas, USA

Did some reading for my house reqs, a few spars, wrote some letters then left to take a nap.

Woke up from said nap to some excitement.

Password correct. Welcome to Achaea.
    (mapper): We're connected to Achaea.
    *** You have new messages ***
    Your moss tattoo tingles slightly.
    Your moon tattoo tingles slightly.
    Your boar tattoo tingles slightly.
    You are blind and can see nothing but darkness. (apply exothermic to body|sip endothermia|outr quartz|eat quartz|insomnia|outr quicksilver|apply quicksilver|parry left leg|grip|touch mindseye|weathering|nightsight on|touch cloak|take ringmail from bag|take necklace from bag|wear ringmail|wear necklace)
    You are pulled to the south by an unseen force. (Wheeee!)
    You are blind and can see nothing but darkness.
    (svo): Ello. It's a lovely night tonight.
    Mithridates's aura of weapons rebounding disappears.
    Mithridates points a wooden staff bearing the standard of Targossas at you and you scream in pain as your skin begins to freeze and crack. (-1644h, 33.7%) 
    The tonic heals and soothes you. (+656h, 13.5%) 
    You remove 1 potash, bringing the total in the Rift to 1952.
    You feel your health and mana replenished. (+390h, 8.0%, +50m, 1.3%) 
    Mithridates takes a long drag off his pipe.
    You have recovered equilibrium. (1.698s)(touch mindseye)
    Touching the mindseye tattoo, your senses are suddenly heightened.
    Central Parade of the Founders.
    A runic totem is planted solidly in the ground. An icewall is here, blocking passage to the south. A 
    small forest of sharpened crystals protrudes from the ground. Wings flaring, a pegasus tosses his regal head impatiently. A lion impassively lounges here. The shining figure of a guardian angel floats in the air here. A sigil in the shape of a small, rectangular monolith is on the ground.  Caladbolg Van Helsing is here. He wields a runic totem in both hands. He is surrounded by one reflection of himself. Ruca Alexandrian is here. She wields a spiritual mace in her left hand and a Shield of Absorption in her right. Judicator Mithridates Phyrros is riding on a lion. He wields a convex brass-faced shield in his left hand and a wooden staff bearing the standard of Targossas in his right. Draqoom Van Helsing, Iron Fist is here.
    You see exits leading north and south.
    A wormhole is here, leading to: Beneath the Dragon's Tail Bar (#3480) in Hashan (Sewers).
    Caladbolg ceases to prop up a tall totem pole.
    Tiny tremours spread through your body as the world seems to slow down.
    All of Caladbolg's reflections wink out of existence!
    Caladbolg strains to hold a tall totem pole in an upright position.
    A nearly invisible magical shield forms around Mithridates.
    The guardian angel rises above you and begins to spin slowly.
    Draqoom lets fly at you with a snap kick.
    You parry the attack with a deft manoeuvre.
    Draqoom balls up one fist and hammerfists you.
    Your mind feels suddenly vacant as a lion levels its gaze at you.
    As you focus upon your visual field, the shadows grow faint, details become pronounced, and the world seems somehow more real. (-650m, 17.0%) 
    Caladbolg stops you from moving that way.
    Caladbolg stops you from moving that way.
    Draqoom lets fly at you with a snap kick.
    He connects to the right leg!
    He connects to the right leg!
    He connects to the right leg! (-1762h, 36.1%) 
    The tonic heals and soothes you. (+664h, 13.6%) 
    You remove 1 potash, bringing the total in the Rift to 1951.
    You feel your health and mana replenished. (+390h, 8.0%, +305m, 8.0%)
    An arrow flies in towards you.
    It strikes you, gouging a deep and bloody wound.
    Hmmmm. Why must everything be so difficult to figure out?(focus) (-1157h, 23.7%, +75m, 2.0%) 
    You focus your mind intently on curing your mental maladies.
    You aren't such a complete idiot anymore. (0.11s) (-250m, 6.5%)  (-60m, 1.6%) 
    Mithridates points a wooden staff bearing the standard of Targossas at you and you scream in pain as your skin begins to freeze and crack. (-1644h, 33.7%)  (-60m, 1.6%)  (-60m, 1.6%)  (-60m, 1.6%) (-60m, 1.6%)  (-60m, 1.6%) 
    A wall blocks your way.
    Your mind feels suddenly vacant as a lion levels its gaze at you. (0.003s)
    A wall blocks your way.
    A wall blocks your way.
    You suddenly perceive the vague outline of an aura of rebounding around Mithridates.
    Draqoom drops to the floor and sweeps his legs round at you.
    Draqoom knocks your legs out from under you and sends you sprawling to the floor.
    An arrow flies in towards you.
    It strikes you, gouging a deep and bloody wound.
    (svo): protip: You can customize when the system uses the tree tattoo with your own custom scenarios.
    Unable to withstand the arrow piercing your chest, you stumble to the ground as darkness overtakes you.
    You have been slain by Hanley.

• CaladbolgCaladbolg Campbell County TN
    Jacen said:

Log in ganked at Crossroads, Targ locks the city down and entrenches, then adds more people to the fray. Typical stuff.

ETA Then chases us outside the city. So over Targ.

You mean when you jumped me while I was smudging a totem?

Don't think it's valid to complain about fights you start.

Of course im not saying it was bad you defended the totem while I was smudging it but.. 

Unless your talking about where you eventually killed my by running me into a 2v1.. cause I could've called for backup long before that, I was just giving you a fair fight.

• Halos said:

What happened to citizens getting graced login during sanctioned raids? Surprised it didn't kick in. 

Organisations and groups:
    -------------------------
    * Citizens who log on during a sanctioned raid will now receive a short period of divine grace. This will only occur if the citizen has not logged in recently.

Sorry, that sucks. :(

Bolded related here, I think. Still sucks.

Whatever happened to common courtesy, in any case? Person just logged in, give them some chance to leave instead of killing them when they're in the middle of basic deffing.

• TarausTaraus The Gypsy Wind

Big, important, long-overdue things happened today!!!

• StrataStrata United States of Derp
    Halos said:

Killed more pets today. Weeeee!

Organisations and groups:
    -------------------------
    * Citizens who log on during a sanctioned raid will now receive a short period of divine grace. This will only occur if the citizen has not logged in recently.

Sorry, that sucks. :(

• BluefBluef Delos
    edited August 2014
    Tharvis said:
    Halos said:

Praxides said:

Did some reading for my house reqs, a few spars, wrote some letters then left to take a nap.

Woke up from said nap to some excitement.

griefing

Did you at least read the religious tracts that I left behind? I have more literature if you'd like to hear more about our lord and saviour Aurora Christ today.

/rp

if you want a real christ, go read @Vayne's background  :o

All hail our lord and saviour, Vayne Christ!

This. This made my day. Thanks @Tharvis. :heart_eyes: 

• Caladbolg said:
    Jacen said:

Log in ganked at Crossroads, Targ locks the city down and entrenches, then adds more people to the fray. Typical stuff.

ETA Then chases us outside the city. So over Targ.

You mean when you jumped me while I was smudging a totem?

Don't think it's valid to complain about fights you start.

Of course im not saying it was bad you defended the totem while I was smudging it but.. 

Unless your talking about where you eventually killed my by running me into a 2v1.. cause I could've called for backup long before that, I was just giving you a fair fight.

Lol. Its called defendable, bro. And just because I lucked up and got my team the kill, doesnt justify what you did.

• Created an alt that was going to do normal things like join a city and a house, but things are anything but normal (edited to protect innocent eyes)

< blah blah blah about a newbie quest>

10:11:38 A ferocious beast lopes to the north.

(wait, what?)

<more blah blah about quest>

10:11:47 A ferocious beast lopes to the north.

10:11:50 A ferocious beast lopes to the north.

10:11:58 A ferocious beast lopes to the north.

10:12:00 A ferocious beast lopes to the north.

(Hey guys, don't you see a problem here?)

10:12:04 [redacted] says, "As you explore the caverns, you will find a ferocious beast roaming around. [redacted]"

(um yeah, I see a few of them. Won't be hard to find. Nope, not hard at all)

10:12:05 A ferocious beast lopes to the north.

10:12:08 A ferocious beast lopes to the north.

(They keep talking as more beasts lope past)

<more about quest>

10:12:15 A ferocious beast lopes to the north.

10:12:22 A ferocious beast lopes to the north.

<more blah blah about quest>

10:12:26 A ferocious beast lopes to the north.

10:12:32 A ferocious beast lopes to the north.

<blah blah blah about quest> 

10:12:53 A ferocious beast lopes to the north.

10:12:54 A ferocious beast lopes to the north.

10:12:58 A ferocious beast lopes to the north.

10:13:04 A ferocious beast lopes to the north.

10:13:06 A ferocious beast lopes to the north.

10:13:17 A ferocious beast lopes to the north.

10:13:20 A ferocious beast lopes to the north.

10:13:25 A ferocious beast lopes to the north.

(I move north. After all it seems like a popular destination)

[redacted room title]

10:14:50 You see exits leading south and northwest.

(nothing in here, but ...)

10:14:51 With a low growl, a ferocious beast lopes from the south.

10:14:56 With a low growl, a ferocious beast lopes from the south.

10:15:00 With a low growl, a ferocious beast lopes from the south.

10:15:06 With a low growl, a ferocious beast lopes from the south.

(Aggggg, the room is filled with invisible ferocious beasts!)

(continue on with quest, but I can't find a beast when I actually need one!)*

*(went back to first room and finally caught the attention of a beast I needed to finish this really odd quest. Maybe fewer beasts next time?) 

**(yes I reported it)