Going up against the "Jester-Unfriendly"

So when you have people who intelligently diagnose on blackout and/or leaving the room, how should you go about actually locking them down? Most people tend to diagnose repeatedly while the tree tattoo is down to make sure they're actually fixing the issues.

Comments

• I like Jesters going for straight locks these days, it's one of the best chances you have against people that know when to writhe or diagnose or not get caught somewhere dumb. Fling hiero/break arm/throw pref/force inr all goldenseal|kelp|whatever/simultaneously break other arm is a pretty good starting point for that,  but will need some pretense unless you want to just hope they hit bananas or don't shield/fly while you start it. Juggled lv1 javelin makes you a sentinel basically, 1.1s throws but it can miss pretty well so you'll need paralysis or prone. Misses less than Thoth's fang at least (bless those ~.3s juggled throws).

Chat with other players in real time on your phone, browser, or desktop client:
    Come join the Achaea discord!
  • Can't force inrift anymore unfortunately. Also, I use T1 handaxes, so they're .4 juggle throws with 198 accuracy. Only people I miss on are bards/jesters with acrobatics and usually mounted.

• Quite sure you can, unless they changed it within the past 3 weeks with no announce post. You might be thinking about OUTR which you can only force a single herb of at a time.

• It was changed with the new INR command. You can't force -any- form of INR now.

• I told you this already IG but for posterity, you can force INR <#> <herb> but not INR ALL <herb> anymore for whatever reason. There doesn't seem to be a hard cap on the number forceable, but I only tried with 50 and 1,000. Odd change but seems to be the same functionally.

• Yea, I bugged it again, hopefully this time it doesn't get marked as "not an issue". Also, apparently mickey only having a 1s herb balance is an actual thing versus the full 1.6s, fun fact I had confirmed!

• my best advice is to not over complicate your combat style.

• Is Devil/Aeon spam still viable?

• edited August 2014
    Entities aren't passive, so not really. Unless you use hierophant/soulmaster tricks with blackout, I guess.

This was never really realistically viable for Jester. Just realised the thread