Opponent prone messages

edited July 2014 in Monk

Does anyone have a solid list of different possible opponent-is-prone lines? I want to make sure my "hey you should bbt this poor shmuck" highlight/echo is firing for as many situations as possible, not just for my sweeps but for other classes' abilities in group combat.

Thanks!

Just realized this may have been better suited for the quick questions thread? I'm not sure, sorry about that.

Comments

• Probably better to have it here in its own thread, since there'll probably be a lot of small responses that contribute some of the answer. I'm not sure it's really a Quick question, and it would just get buried in that thread by other questions.

• May as well throw in what I have found so far. I have no idea who threw this together, so not sure who to credit, but thanks, mystery pastebin person:

Trigger patterns:
    -- Dragon --
    ^Drawing an enormous breath\, \w+ exhales\, expelling a gale of wind with such force that (\w+) is knocked over\.$
    ^(\w+) is knocked forcefully off (?:her|his) feet by the impact of \w+\'s huge tail\.$

-- Venom (any source) --
    ^(\w+)\'s eyes close suddenly as (?:she|he) falls asleep\.$

-- Blademaster --
    ^Sweeping out with a blade hand\, \w+ strikes at the back of (\w+)\'s knee\.$

-- Magi (vibes) --
    ^(\w+) is knocked off h(?:is|er) feet by the heaving ground\.$

-- Monk (missing other monk's sweepkick) --
    ^You knock the legs out from under (\w+) and send (?:her|him) sprawling\.$
    ^\w+ throws (?:his|her) palms forward, releasing a stream of deadly blue light to cripple (\w+)\.$

Source: https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/bf8e8d6c

• edited July 2014
    This is what I have so far. I'm sure there are many more, but now I'm inspired to find them all.
    ^With a sudden convulsion, (\w+) collapses helplessly to the ground\.$
    ^(\w+)'s eyes close suddenly as (he|she) falls asleep\.$
    ^Sweeping out with a blade hand, \w+ strikes at the back of (\w+)'s knee\.$
    ^(\w+) knock(?:s)? the legs out from under (\w+), sending h(?:im|er) sprawling(?: to the floor)?\.$
    *** ^You step into the attack, grab (\w+) by the arm, and throw h(?:im|er) violently to the ground\.$ -- I mourn so hard. :(
    ^\w+ swiftly sweeps (\w+)'s feet out from beneath h(?:im|er) with a hunter's spear before driving the point of the weapon into h(?:is|er) (right|left) leg\.$
    ^(\w+) is knocked forcefully off h(?:is|er) feet by the impact of \w+'s huge tail\.$
    ^The chimera's goat head rams into (\w+), but h(?:is|er) body is already lying on the ground\.$
    ^\w+ throws h(?:is|er) palms forward, releasing a stream of deadly blue light to cripple (\w+)\.$
    ^(?:He|She) slams into (\w+), knocking h(?:im|er) off h(?:is|er) feet\.$
    ^Your foot slams into (\w+), knocking h(?:im|er) off h(?:is|er) feet\.$
    ^\w+ draws back h(?:is|er) blade and impales (\w+) to the hilt\.$
    ^(\w+) looks pale and gaunt as h(?:is|er) body shudders on the end of the weapon\.$
    ^(\w+) groans in pain, blood streaming from h(?:is|er) transfixed gut, as \w+ twists h(?:is|er) sword\.$
    ^With a look of agony on h(?:is|er) face, (\w+) manages to writhe h(?:im|er)self free of the weapon which impaled h(?:im|er)\.$
    ^Drawing an enormous breath\, \w+ exhales\, expelling a gale of wind with such force that (\w+) is knocked over\.$

• Rohai said:
    -- Venom (any source) --

im not sure if my regex line is more effective than one above in such instance:

^(\w+)\'s eyes close suddenly as s?he falls asleep\.$

2015/01/12 Tecton, the Terraformer has bestowed His divine favour upon you. It will last for approximately 1 Achaean month.
  • Just thought I'd add that those impale lines Karai listed aren't actually definite indications of prone. Impale can be performed off paralysis or transfix/web/etc. Using those lines to set a prone variable could be problematic for BBT and other attacks that require specifically prone.
  • Valaria said:
    Rohai said:
    -- Venom (any source) --

im not sure if my regex line is more effective than one above in such instance:

^(\w+)\'s eyes close suddenly as s?he falls asleep\.$
    Yours is preferable, imo. Cleaner, and I suspect very slightly more efficient (though any differences are assuredly small enough that you'd never notice them).