Increasing group bashing experience

Comments

• TohranTohran Everywhere you don't want to be. I'm the anti-Visa!

I'm on the opposite end of that spectrum. I hate PvP. I can't afford many arties (I bought the ones I have while I was in the Army), I'm terrible at coding, and my ping bites the big one.

The tremendous ass-kicking I tend to get disheartens me because I then have to bash for a day or so, just to get back what I've lost XP wise. It's great for Tohran's bank account, granted, and for @Artemis‌ with the essence he gathers for Her. 

I can't keep up with it, and half the time I lag really bad after either walking into, or being dragged into a room filled with people. Just not something I enjoy, if I want to PvP, I'll go back to WoW, where I was pretty darn good with a Death Knight at PvP. I enjoy RP with this game, which is what brought me back, and part of that is bashing to get essence. 

• Encouraging group bashing doesn't automatically have to mean more experience gained. Could always try and come up with creative rewards, like a "secret" area boss denizen who only comes out for groups "worthy of being crushed." Or less experience, but increased gold drops. Or secret areas only available to groups of two or more. Etc.

I think the point is that encouraging group bashing would probably be a major positive for the game, in whatever way its encouraged.

"Gilgamesh, where are you hurrying to? You will never find that [everlasting] life for which you are looking. When the gods created man they allotted to him death, but life they retained in their own keeping. As for you, Gilgamesh, fill your belly with good things; day and night, night and day, dance and be merry, feast and rejoice. Let your clothes be fresh, bathe yourself in water, cherish the little child that holds your hand, and make your wife happy in your embrace; for this too is the lot of man." 

• edited July 2014

What if another option is that you make new areas that are group and level specific. Significantly reducing the ability for Dragons/Leechers to be plowed through levels, yet you reward interaction and PvE combat for people who hunt together. The ability to prohibit certain levels most certainly has to be within the coding that exists already i.e Lodi, if you are too high of level you get ushered out by a Dragon and tossed on your butt.

The Shadow Vault 

Group Area: Group of 4 or more

Level Restriction: Minimum 50 - Maximum 60

Then have a doorman or guards that play into not letting you in unless you meet said requirements.

So now you have a zone that allows you to group hunt with slightly higher exp, but is shared equally with each member of the group. Yet there is no incentive to power level one member because sooner or later you will out level the area and have to move onto the next zone without said leech.

Then continue to have the same experience for the general land of Sapience, where if people choose to go solo the experience remains the same.

One could even argue about the PvP side of it, "Well what if a group of Ashtan Citizens goes in, to find a group of Targossas Citizens." Well then do it much like you did with the Conclave. Have a room that is PvP null, and the rest is fair game. Not only does this promote a certain function of "Same Strength" PvP, it also gives more action into group hunting, better experience, etc.

I am sure there are always a lot of negative and positive sides to everything, but I thought I would toss my two cents in at you @Tecton‌ @Sarapis‌

• Just increase the amount of experience it takes to get levels.

Grandfather us dragons in, though. 

• Just increase the amount of experience it takes to get levels.

Grandfather us dragons in, though. 

Or this.

• KerriaKerria The Red Lioness

Mithridates said:

Just increase the amount of experience it takes to get levels.

I still don't understand this mentality. They worked just as hard as you did, even with increased experience it means that they would have to party up to get it. Added time hindrance to gather another person at about their level to be effective.

Solo hunters, like the ones who get dragon at a young age, would still be spending just as much time, if not more than you did to get dragon. 

To me that seems like a pretty even trade-in.

• Here's my joke

Here's Kerria's head. 

• ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo

Woosh

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

Here's my joke

Here's Kerria's head. 

Sorry. That's an Aspergers thing. I don't get vague jokes in text... not when everyone is complaining about the whole 'this is unfair' thing.  :( 

• DaslinDaslin The place with the oxygen

Whatever happens, pls no "raids" like in WoW and shit.

edited July 2014
    Daslin said:

Bosses could be an interesting mechanic, actually. Not raids, exactly, but rather denizens needing more than mere bashing to kill.

gooby pls. pls no.

Daslin said:

I read no raiding.

• Daeir said:
    Daslin said:

You realize the Reckoning bosses were practically open-world raids in the context that you're referencing, right?

Not to mention... why not? I think doing things like that would really provide more entertainment for most people. Rather then watching Ashtan farm Targossas/Cyrene for XP.

• KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Vyktoria said:

Not to mention... why not? I think doing things like that would really provide more entertainment for most people. Rather then watching Ashtan farm Targossas/Cyrene for XP.

And yet another person who assumes there are massive XP gains to be had raiding cities.

From HELP CITY DESTRUCTION:

Sanctioned Raids
    ----------------
    A sanctioned raid will commence automatically after a certain number of in-city citizen deaths within a specified timeframe. Once underway, all experience loss (defenders) and gain (attackers and defenders) will be suspended within the limits of the city being raided.

Just in case that's not clear, THERE IS NO XP GAIN WHEN RAIDING A CITY AFTER THE FIRST FEW DEATHS.

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • TohranTohran Everywhere you don't want to be. I'm the anti-Visa!
    Atalkez said:

Dude I lose 10-20% experience -every- raid.

Definitely not an xp farm, if anything raiding is a sink.

The bolded.

• edited July 2014

I don't think you gain XP in troves, obviously when sanctioned raid is declared you get nill. HELP INEVERSAIDRAIDINGXPGAIN

OR HELP23.4.5.1

But having a fist of people sitting out of the City attacking opposing city defenders doesn't consist of XP gain?

Regardless that wasn't the point of that post, the point was. Raiding may give people other things to do. Raiding as in GROUP hunting instances NOT CITIES.

As well as create better XP for group hunting. Which is the point of this thread.

edited July 2014

Even if those were "world bosses" I seriously find that shit to be ridiculous. Instanced shit would just make it worse. If I wanted that sort of experience where Market would be flooded with the achaean equivalent of "LFG DPS SEND TELLS" I'd go back to WoW/SWTOR/Rift/Anything else. no thanks.

Ignoring the fact that classes in achaea don't conform to the trifecta you describe, I would actually welcome if people did actively seek others for adventuring or hunting or whatever using market. There would be absolutely nothing wrong with people looking for alchemists, jesters or the like because they wanted to have healers on hand, possibly even offering gold or some other trinket as payment. 

It would actually make the world much more interesting. 

• Daslin said:

Even if those were "world bosses" I seriously find that shit to be ridiculous. Instanced shit would just make it worse. If I wanted that sort of experience where Market would be flooded with the achaean equivalent of "LFG DPS SEND TELLS" I'd go back to WoW/SWTOR/Rift/Anything else. no thanks.

Perhaps, but couldn't they just make a channel specific for it that you could just off?

• Daslin said:
    lol. If you wanna play wow, go download it and play that. Seriously. Yeah, group exp needs looked at, but we don't need stupid ass instanced bullshit. Dragon is a challenge for normal people for a -reason-. It's a thing of respect. This kind of shit would just make it more prevalent, and we'll have more stupid ass Hashani 18 yr olds at lv 80 who know NOTHING about their class/how to play. I've seen way too much of that lately. Progress for progress' sake is just about the silliest thing ever. Help the kids learn how to GIVE LETTER TO HUMGII before you powerlevel them like you're playing diablo with a buddy. The end, I'm out of this thread now.

Oh, edit now. Look at your own banner. 1259 denizen kills, 0 player kills, yet level 75. Unless you solo bashed Prin from lv5+, I doubt you did much but follow and leech. And here you are, trying to spearhead an idea on exp gain? Ridiculous.

Thank Sarapis you are out of this thread because apparently you think that "Age of a Character" dictates how long you have been in the realms. So thinking you are relevant in any case is a little more than laughable. I just added a discussion point as people seemed interested in it and then Daslin a.k.a Captain Big Nuts started trying to throw his weight around. True though I guess person playing a 161 year old character is for sure the end all be all of Achaean Knowledge and Lore and HAS to know what every player in Achaea wants!

Sorry that I choose to make a character that wasn't focused on PvP and enjoy hunting with a group. Which, it looks like you missed, this thread is all about. Hashan does pretty well on getting hunting groups together and bashing so I am sorry if that makes you upset.

You are right though, why would anyone mention an idea that seemed to work well in a game that is one of the most acclaimed, profitable, and well versed MMORPG games in existence, in hopes that the Divines in Achaea might get an idea and make it their own, and possibly add another dimension or avenue of gameplay.

Can @Tecton or @Sarapis change the name of this thread "Increasing Group Bashing Experience...BUT only if Daslin approves of it, or he will whine like a bitch and flame people because he doesn't like it." You can abbreviate it if you want.

However, your input of "Your Idea Sucks, Go Play WoW noobzers lvl14 denizen killer Hashaniass" Is very compelling. Keep up the good Ideas.

• KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • edited July 2014

Daslin does come off as quite an ass trying to play big dog all of the time.  

EDIT:  then again, if others do, why shouldn't he too?

edited July 2014
    lol. i'm the king of achaea? Shit. didn't realize I was @Tanris‌ Now, I'm sorry that people like to actually work and earn their experience, but the amount of denizen kills you have are fucking laughable. Leeching=/= hunting, so, while we look at GROUP experience, since you're sitting on an obvious alt who doesn't hit or barely hits(something that Sarapis himself has said that they do not want, so good job bringing him in here), you don't have the room to talk on it. Also. I'm not the only who feels this way. I'm just one who will actually fucking open their mouth. Now do me a favour and shut yours, and head back to vent and WoW

EDIT: google chrome hates my typing.
  • Welcome to the post- ranting menace wasteland

• Daslin said:
    lol. i'm the king of achaea? Shit. didn't realize I was @Tanris‌ Now, I'm sorry that people like to actually work and earn their experience, but the amount of denizen kills you have are fucking laughable. Leeching=/= hunting, so, while we look at GROUP experience, since you're sitting on an obvious alt who doesn't hit or barely hits(something that Sarapis himself has said that they do not want, so good job bringing him in here), you don't have the room to talk on it. Also. I'm not the only who feels this way. I'm just one who will actually fucking open their mouth. Now do me a favour and shut yours, and head back to vent and WoW

EDIT: google chrome hates my typing.
    Oh welcome back, I thought you were leaving this thread for good. No matter you brought QQ and tears for everyone!

Like I stated before (and others for that matter) when you hunt with all different levels of characters, they more than likely are going to score the kill because of RNG on crits. I apologize that you think that I was leeching but continue to have your opinion. However, I have plenty of room to talk about anything I wish since I am trying to toss out ideas in a thread that wasn't started by me. 

And I respectfully decline on shutting my mouth considering you aren't the boss of anyone, except that poor excuse for a man package that apparently gets you so worked up from little man syndrome you have to flame people on Achaea forums.

In fairness Daslin, you don't like my idea and I'm ok with that and offer you the respect of not liking it.

Just because I like fast cars and want to win the race fast doesn't mean the people who like slow cars and don't care what place they finish are wrong. It just means one thing, we both enjoy cars. (Or some other sort of witty thing I'm trying to say while driving).

I'm sure you are gong to come back here and flex, however if you wish to continue this feel free to message me (or don't). Also, if it makes you feel better you can post something back on here and I won't respond and everyone will be like "oh man, Daslin showed her, he is by far the coolest person on forums and he speaks up and has great ideas." 

I'll even like it and lol it!

Good luck Daslin!

Lol. All I've really got to say at this point. Pure lol is all that rolls offa those fancy little fingers of yours.  Anywhoodles, I've watched actual hunting groups before, and I know that 99% lv75 characters who actually PARTICIPATE in said hunts have more kills than you. My argument against you validity stands. Now, as for little man syndrome? Shiiiit. I'm flattered, but. I'm a fat neckbeard who stands at 6 ft tall, boom. Anywho, have fun not responding, kinda was my goal from the first place.

This discussion has been closed.