Riftable Dispensers

Selling groupable items in a shop is extremely space consuming since each grouping of items takes up one slot of inventory, severely limiting your wares if you do not sell in bulk. I love the addition and implementation of tuns and wondering if a similar mechanic for dispensing solid riftable and groupable items would be possible. It would free up much more space in shops which are already a commodity in of themselves. This would not only give shop owners much more space to work with but allow customers to buy the exact amount they want(ex. the shop sell the item in groups of 10 and 1000, but you only want 100).

Ex. The shop has a "crate" of plumbum and an adventurer could BUY 5/50/500 plumbum FROM crate12345

Comments

• Only downside I see is that you would (maybe?) need to charge the same per item regardless of stack side. I know many shops charge less per herb for groups of 1000 than they do for groups of 10-- do you see a way that could still be possible with this system? Don't get me wrong, I like the idea!

• NimNim
    edited June 2014
    Kyriella said:
    Only downside I see is that you would (maybe?) need to charge the same per item regardless of stack side. I know many shops charge less per herb for groups of 1000 than they do for groups of 10-- do you see a way that could still be possible with this system? Don't get me wrong, I like the idea!

In addition to specifying the base price (that it will cost per unit if you don't get any bulk discounts), the ability to specify prices when people buy above a certain amount of unit.

For example, if its base price is 50, you could say after 100 units lower it to 45, then after 1000 lower it to 40.

Most painful thing would be finding a way to show concisely even if the shopkeeper uses all their allotted sale slots, but I imagine there could be a quick notation like "50/1, 45/10, 40/50, 48/100, 45/500, 42/1000, 40/2000." I imagine four to ten such slots would be perfectly acceptable in all cases, but will let the shopkeepers speak on that. If it's a low enough number, they could even afford to be verbose ("50g per, 45g per for 10+, 40g per for 100+, 35g per for 1000+"), but I imagine no matter how they did it, it would have to use up an extra line.

• It started out a simple idea and got complicated real fast.

I like the idea of the crates you can buy out of, but I'm not sure how easy it'd be to get the code in for discounts at certain levels. Part of me says it'd be easy, another part reminds the first I've never seen the code base.

Display wouldn't be too bad, you could just PROBE POTASH and it'd show up in the crate description.

Let's hope they do it, tuns have been amazing since they came out. No more crying over market when there's no refillers around.

• KyrraKyrra Australia

I wish tuns were like the kegs on Lusternia, to be honest. Have a full set of tuns, that are full of curatives, sitting on my boat completely inaccessible.

Speaking of Lusternia though, they do have a practical set up that works like the OP suggested, though I'm unsure if it's something that could be implemented in Achaea.

(D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• Agree, would support wholeheartedly.

• So, @Vayne, I heard you need a dispenser here in this shop.

I endorse this idea, not only for its utility, but only if creating dispensers causes a world-wide shout not dissimilar to this: 

The thud of some crates echoes through the land, as Synbios shouts, "Need a dispenser here!"

Now imagine a hundred shops doing that at the same time. 

It will be glorious.

• MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida

Yes. Yes yes yes yes yes.

Shopkeepers around the world would rejoice. Please for the love of everything holy, unholy, magical, Nature, Good, Evil, Dark, Chaotic and crazy, put this in.

I will pray to Babel if I need to to make this (or something similar and/or similar updates to shopkeeping) happen.

And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • I suggested this ages ago (http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/1158/shops) and still want to see it go in. Incidentally, @Makarios, @Tecton, any chance of a quick blast through the dais to see where we're up to with old ideas?

• KyrraKyrra Australia

@Daeir, I've never needed to write or use scripts to stock shops and I never had issues with any of the shops I've managed. Just sounds like you were making things far harder than they needed to be.

(D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• This reminds me of, as @Kyrra mentioned earlier (and kegs. YAY KEGS), of the shop rifts they have in Lusternia, the shop cache they have in Aetolia, or even the herb barrels in Imperian.

I'd really like to see something like this implemented as it'd be EXTREMELY easier to stock herbs, minerals, crystals, commodities, inks, and other things (depending on if it went with Lusty/Aet instead of Imp. As the three above, you can even specify discounts if they buy in groups of 50, 100, or bigger than that [at least you can for Aetolia, I don't remember if you can for Lusternia and Impy. Long time since I played those]). But that's just my two cents; plus as @Vayne mentioned - it would free up room in your stockroom for tuns or other useful things that the populace needs (weapons, armor, clothing, etc) instead of just cramming the floor with consumables (who wants to eat plants/minerals that were on the floor. Yuck!)

• I'm sure this would help with server usage as well. I imagine we'd see a dramatic drop in the number of items when people combined all the herbs groupings down into just a single one.

• TohranTohran Everywhere you don't want to be. I'm the anti-Visa!

Yes, please!

• edited June 2014

I am indifferent to this idea. I stocked shop without it and had no complaints or issues. I really just had to post because Tohran randomly finding and posting a pic of @Verrucht‌  made my whole day

• Kazu said:

I'm sure this would help with server usage as well. I imagine we'd see a dramatic drop in the number of items when people combined all the herbs groupings down into just a single one.

Nah, basically irrelevant one way or another to server performance.

• edited June 2014

Khairt said:

I am indifferent to this idea. I stocked shop without it and had no complaints or issues. I really just had to post because Tohran randomly finding and posting a pic of @Verrucht‌  made my whole day

Well the person whose picture he definitely didn't find is @Silas, because @Silas is 100% not-a-ginger. Someone once said that he had one way back in his family tree, but that person is an ignorant cocksucker. @Silas - furthest from a ginger you can get. (Will you fucking unignore me now? What's it been a year? More? :( )

EDIT: still no soul, though.

• Khairt said:

The fact that you confused me for Kresslack hurts more than I care to admit. 

The idea is cool, though.